It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition for Second Brexit Referendum Draws 2 Million Signatures

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
[
Which house debates it? That will be something worth watching. I've watched some "discussions" in the House of Commons on TV (what they call "the telly"). Wide eyed wonder. It is a wonderful thing.

House of commons as well as having to debate the referendum itself into being.

To add, the house of commons is the only sovereign law making part of the whole UK parliament, most important part of the constitution in fact.
I suppose though that the queen could throw a wobbler and go down there and kick ass.

edit on 25-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Which house debates it?

House of Commons ......should take about 10 seconds

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

Which house debates it?

If there's any honour in the house 10 seconds will be enough.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

You cannot keep re-voting until you get a result that you like.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So the liberals are calling for a revote or conservatives.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The road ahead is clear. If the stock markets worldwide continue to tank then they'll simply have a revote.

Then after the revote and the UK is restored to the EU we'll have a bunch of conspiracy theories and just move on in the usual f____ed up way.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
nicola sturgeon i,m sick of hearing her crap and i,m scottish,scotland overwhemlingly voted remain? ok we did but over a million scots also voted out( i was one ) to 1.6 million in the remain camp then add on the fact that it was a low turn out in scotland,glasgow was only 56% turn out.

i know quite alot of people who didn,t vote because they said what was the point it would never happen anyway,well now we know it did happen so if we take all them that thought whats the point and didn,t vote it would probably be closer than it was.

nicola( i would use or do anything to try get another independence vote) sturgeon should remember that.

i,m a proud scot but i,m also proud to be british.

link   
Having the foundations of it built on confidence and stability,a revote could likely tank the economy.
or the fix is in, and everybody knows it.

edit on 25-6-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

link   
Teach those 2 million what democracy means, they lost, end of story. Maybe in a couple of years, a second referendum can be done and see if the decision was right or not ,by now, respect the decision.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
We were told there will be only one referendum, no turning back from the decision...

Yes, wouldn't it be nice.....don't like the way that lottery turned out....lets roll those balls again.

I don't understand this second chance thing.
Folks didn't vote....changed their mind, didn't like the outcome...that is life!!!!!

Why, oh why, should it be allowed to be considered, let alone to happen?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

Which house debates it?

Really? That's disappointing. I would think a lot of Members would want to be heard. Not that I think they would take the petition beyond the House.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes
a reply to: pirhanna

You're right a re run of the referendum is a stupid idea, good job your written constitution lays out exactly what the rules are for this sort of thing.

Oh wait, I forgot, you don't have a constitution, it's entirely in the hands of the house of commons.

Oh well, best of luck with the exit negotiations and the recovery. We have our team of EU negotiators ready to go, and we're not in the mood for waiting until you fill the power vacuum left behind after the result.

Just remember, there is now no reason why the EU should consider a negotiated withdrawl that will benefit the UK, and the final agreement will have to be passed in the commons before it can be accepted. This is exactly how the Irish Civil War was started, but this time in reverse.

I could go on, but as it happens we're a little busy right now talking to Scotland.

Good luck in your failed EU state. If you are nice we might just keep our market open to you to keep your infested Eu from going bankrupt.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuckk

You cannot keep re-voting until you get a result that you like.

In the light of the devastating effect of the worlds markets by the BREXIT of 6/24/16 it stands to reason that this body heretofore declares it vitally necessary for the revote on the issue in the form of a declaration yes or no to join the EU or not to join the EU and rescind the Decision of 6/24/16.

So technically its NOT a revote it’s a vote to join...Nice and legal

Of course I know nothing of British law but it sounds good doesn’t it

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

In the light of the devastating effect of the worlds markets by the BREXIT of

Devastating? That's a bit of an exaggeration. A reaction surely, but Monday will be interesting.

edit on 6/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Common tactic, especially for the left. If you don't like the result, vote, vote again, and if that doesn't work the way you want it to, go find a judge who thinks the way you do to invalidate the ballot results with some kind of umbra or penumbra that emanates from some extremely loosely related existing statute of law.

Besides, I think they ought to require a few more signatures than just a paltry 2 million give the number that voted both in general and for the exit itself.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

www.activistpost.com...

◾The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 610 points, and this represented the 9th largest one day stock market crash in the history of the Dow.
◾The Nasdaq was hit even harder than the Dow. It declined 4.12 percent which was the biggest one day decline since 2011.
◾ Overall, Black Friday erased approximately 800 billion dollars of stock market wealth in the United States.
◾Thursday was the worst day ever for the British pound, and investors were stunned to see it collapse to a 31 year low.
◾Friday was the worst day ever for European banking stocks.
◾Friday was the worst day for Italian stocks since 1997.
◾Friday was the worst day for Spanish stocks since 1987.
◾Japan experienced tremendous chaos as well. The Nikkei fell an astounding 1286 points, and this was the biggest drop that we have seen in more than 16 years.
◾Banking stocks all over the planet got absolutely pummeled on Black Friday. The following comes from USA Today…

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Quick question: Are you from the UK? If not, then this isn't really your call, is it?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
1) 9th place

2) In 5 years
3) The stock market is not wealth. No one lost anything unless they sold.
4) That makes sense.
5) That makes sense
6) That makes sense
7) That makes sense
8) The Nikkei has been falling for a while now as is known for its volatility.

(sorry about the blocks, my screen cap does that)
9) That makes sense.

As I said, Monday will be interesting. Next week on the whole, more so. People sold, next they will buy.

edit on 6/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

www.activistpost.com...

◾The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 610 points, and this represented the 9th largest one day stock market crash in the history of the Dow.
◾The Nasdaq was hit even harder than the Dow. It declined 4.12 percent which was the biggest one day decline since 2011.
◾ Overall, Black Friday erased approximately 800 billion dollars of stock market wealth in the United States.
◾Thursday was the worst day ever for the British pound, and investors were stunned to see it collapse to a 31 year low.
◾Friday was the worst day ever for European banking stocks.
◾Friday was the worst day for Italian stocks since 1997.
◾Friday was the worst day for Spanish stocks since 1987.
◾Japan experienced tremendous chaos as well. The Nikkei fell an astounding 1286 points, and this was the biggest drop that we have seen in more than 16 years.
◾Banking stocks all over the planet got absolutely pummeled on Black Friday. The following comes from USA Today…

So the 9th biggest drop then... seems like a good opportunity to make a lot of money (already taken by many including George Soros).
I can't see any need or rationale for the fear mongering.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Quick question: Are you from the UK? If not, then this isn't really your call, is it?

I’m not telling people how to vote at all.

Though your point about being from the UK

Well its clear what happens in one part of the world obviously affects greatly other parts.

That not withstanding...
On this forum I don't mention where I'm from, what race or religion I am so its water over the bridge

One thing is for sure

I am a citizen of the planet, for now

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join