It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition for Second Brexit Referendum Draws 2 Million Signatures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

There are many stupid brits just like in any other country, as you said, but I think you meant without those idiots the rulers can't control easily as opposed to "can" I get what your saying though.

As far as the rest of the EU goes quite a few country's might well do the same...

As far as spending less hours in the pubs, well the majority of pubs our struggling or have been going bust for lack of customers for a long time now. We have plenty fast food "front" businesses though...

Gin

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
2 million signatures vs. 17 million people who voted for leave. Yeah good luck collecting as many names. Reason why leftwinger millenials wanted to stay was only because of the easy travel between EU countries, nothing else.

See how crazy millenials are to blame white privilege ... You're a priviledged white man.

It's time to grow up already.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
These 2 million pro-EU people can always leave. Go to an EU country. Get your Fascism out of here.

Well, for like the 5-10 years the EU has left anyway.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

"Here lies the once great nation of the United States of America. Born July 4 1776. Murdered June 28 2012 "

i think you ll find the rot set in when kennedy got turned into a convertible (soft top car)
beaten down in '73
#ed hard in the 80s with the reinvention of money with thatcher and reagan (oh the gipper)
an then 2001
and then......i wont go on either

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Over a million people signed a petition against allowing men to change and shower with little girls in public restrooms.

When do we vote?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
And if that happens and stay in EU wins can there be another referendum when 2mil people sign another petition to leave? How many times do you get to have a vote on the same thing?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: carewemust

Is there a higher power that can put a stop to the petition, counter-petition, wash-rinse-spin-repeat loop madness?

There may well be a higher power that can do just that, They need to project the idea of free will/choice though.
Perhaps the whole show was just to create even more division in the country? It will be interesting to see how events unfold.

You're right! I was thinking that these petitions could escalate into a civil war. It would be ironic (and incredibly sad) if the citizens of Great Britain became more of a threat to each other than terrorism.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

lightning strikes and lottery wins are still more of a statistical threat.
if you are old enough to remember the 80s in uk we dont threaten each other so much as we threaten the sheepdogs and the wolves (i.e. those who wish to control and the cops who protect their interests)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If we followed the guys rules we would be having Brexit referendum 25 in 10 years because we will never get a 75% turn out rate and a 65% majority.
I highly doubt If the remain camp won we would be seeing this childish behavior from the exit camp..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

You're right a re run of the referendum is a stupid idea, good job your written constitution lays out exactly what the rules are for this sort of thing.

Oh wait, I forgot, you don't have a constitution, it's entirely in the hands of the house of commons.

Oh well, best of luck with the exit negotiations and the recovery. We have our team of EU negotiators ready to go, and we're not in the mood for waiting until you fill the power vacuum left behind after the result.

Just remember, there is now no reason why the EU should consider a negotiated withdrawl that will benefit the UK, and the final agreement will have to be passed in the commons before it can be accepted. This is exactly how the Irish Civil War was started, but this time in reverse.

I could go on, but as it happens we're a little busy right now talking to Scotland.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: redshoes

wasnt aware you still had a constitution that meant anything.
you are unable to prevent you corporate aristocracy running roughshod all over you and the rest of the damn planet
if you are going to try and defend the empire at least realise youre part of it.
get your military bases out of the 100 plus countries you are in.
how does this tie in on your love of human rights

"Just remember, there is now no reason why the EU should consider a negotiated withdrawl that will benefit the UK, and the final agreement will have to be passed in the commons before it can be accepted."
like anyone who voted to leave gives a damn how its negotiated

" This is exactly how the Irish Civil War was started, but this time in reverse." and which irish civil war is this. read some history if you want to comment on it and not sound like a moron

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The problem is that the scare tactics are soo pointed that now people are taking them seriously, without realizing trade agreements can be erected within weeks that work out far better for all people without taking on the burden of either supporting failed states, or dealing with some self destructing nations immigration policy at the same time.

When people started pushing the ageist thing about how the older the person, the more the desire to exit the EU, that should have been a clue that it isnt about just grumpy old people being racist..its wisdom and knowledge voting to leave that union..and young idealists with no real understanding or perspective voting emotional. No wonder the top google search coming out of the uk after the vote was, what is the EU...youth had no clue what they were voting to remain in until they already cast (and lost).

I dont know if what happened is positive..time will tell, but I am in full agreement that this should remain the norm, at least for a few years to see how it turns out..and if there is to be a future union, there needs to be a lot more self determination and a sane immigration policy in place. not a if one country opens the gate to the entire arab nation, all of europe becomes flooded without any say. you will get the entire continent coming over spreading their joyous culture

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Lol. Idiots upset they lost.

So what, best 2 out of 3? Best 3 out of 5? When does this end?

Sore losers.

:

That's usually means a working quorum, not half the country to one side or the other...ask yourself how it ended up that way.

As for sore losers,
Nigel Farage, said in May that a narrow win for Remain could cause unstoppable demand for a rerun of the referendum, amazingly he used almost the same percentages in reverse.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Its simple. Futile and democracy or civil war! Plain and simple!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

i dont think you should be so dismissive of something that stands to reunite your country almost accidentally , after centuries of turmoil

"As for sore losers,
Nigel Farage, said "
dont see how the sore loser analogy is applicable here. also its worth noting the guy was trying to get himself sacked by default as an m.e.p
edit on 25-6-2016 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

simple is it?
dyin aint much of a livin, sunshine

edit on 25-6-2016 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

It only needs 100,000 signatures to be considered in parliment

It needs 100,000 signatures to be considered for debate......it will be "considered" and swiftly, and rightly rejected.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
a reply to: surfer_soul

It only needs 100,000 signatures to be considered in parliment

It needs 100,000 signatures to be considered for debate......it will be "considered" and swiftly, and rightly rejected.

Which house debates it? That will be something worth watching. I've watched some "discussions" in the House of Commons on TV (what they call "the telly"). Wide eyed wonder. It is a wonderful thing.

edit on 6/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

There are many stupid brits just like in any other country, as you said, but I think you meant without those idiots the rulers can't control easily as opposed to "can" I get what your saying though.

Well, you are quite right, at least as you say it above, and Boris is depending on it albeit with his flawed logic, as in 2013...he said this in a darker moment, or maybe somebody just put the lights out

"Whatever you may think of the value of IQ tests, it is surely relevant to a conversation about equality that as many as 16 percent of our species have an IQ below 85, while about 2 percent have an IQ above 130

Yuh see, he doesn't believe in equality for a start, nor does he even understand how the IQ system works, regardless if it is flawed or something else. So all Boris wanted was the gulls to follow him..great eh! gulls following a gull.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

hear hear

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join