It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Was The Victim Of Some Vicious British Insults, Which Are Incredible

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

About as happy as a Southerner being called a Yankee.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah! I agree! I was just reviewing my genealogy this morning - I have 1/4 blood from a combination of Ireland (Co. Longford), England (London, Essex), Scotland (Rob Roy territory) and Wales (nuff said.) The rest is German and Finnish. I'm half German -- but always indentified more with the now-UK cultures.

So Vivre should just shut up.

I haven't been to Ireland or Wales, but I've visited Scotland and England. I love it there.....
Fort William and Mallaig in NW Scotland were fantastic. Balquhidder (one of my ancestral homes) and Doune (the Monty Python castle) were also fabulous...as was Stirling. And of course, Loch Shiel - there's a monument there with my family name McLaren on it. They were Jacobites, I guess....

(The old classic Highlander movies and TV series mention Loch Shiel. That was the only time I've walked across a peat bog --- LOL!!)

edit on 6/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I bet a Scottish mariachi band sounds awful. And Nazi golf balls? What else can we expect from a country that is stupidly proud but for no reason.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

wow scots dressing in supposedly "mexican" outfits. That is some racist stereotyping. Culturally appropriate much?

What?

Jesus. Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it isn't funny. It's hilarious. Over your head, though, I guess.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm proud of Scots because of well they are just Scottish and I'm an englishman.
Couldn't imagine a world without the Scottish.
Plus thinking on they have many things to be proud of and have produced some decent people and science!.
edit on 26-6-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I'm proud of Scots because of well they are just Scottish and I'm an englishman.
Couldn't imagine a world without the Scottish.
Plus thinking on they have many things to be proud of and have produced some decent people and science!.

You're proud of Scots because they're Scottish?

These have to be the stupidest pranks ever conceived. Golf balls with swastikas painted on them?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

The anti trump hippies should all put in jail and learn not to joke with the holocaust.
11 million people were killed during the Holocaust.

What are you talking about?

Trump is a buffoon. I don't dislike him, but he's still a buffoon!!! Even he was able to absorb the light-hearted mockery better than you lot of whiners. ATS has been commandeered by Right-Wingers for long enough. Give it a rest.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

They are fecking hilarious. Get over yourself.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yeah Lee Nelson.
Done quite a lot of stuff like that he is a comedian with political slants.

He said "This is for North Korea 2026" lol.

I bet he release a video of it soon explaining it.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Then you have the fact that he is trying to marry his financial power with political power, a mixture which creates, nay EMBODIES fascism in totality.

That is why I love those who aren't American commenting on US election. You dislike the guy, we get that. But do not think for a moment that the same thing is not doubly true with the Clintons. It's not like their money came from questionable sources. Oh yea and what happened to all the people opposed to political dynasty's? Si how about instead of all Muslims we go after the sect that seems to dominate ISIS? For all his bluster Trump speaks some truth about the problem with immigration. Forgive me if I have a problem with politicians that claim to be all caring for the people and then turn around and subject them to bureaucratic systems, the very definition of uncaring.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thats it
.. ever drank with the Scots? awesome but I'm a northerner and live in Yorkshire so we are sort of one of the least hated type of Englishman up there lol

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You think swastikas on golf balls are hilarious? I suspect you have higher tastes than that, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Are you and neo besties?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I think it's hilarious when it is well-deserved and a clear token of how other cultures feel about Trump.....

I'm just sick of all the bickering and bull#. Everyone - EVERYONE - needs to chillax. I actually think Trump has a decent sense of humor to tolerate that stuff. Him cringing in the golf cart was precious.

He's not God. He's not a hero. He's a celebrity who's playing the strings of the American mindset....
I personally believe he would probably be a good sport on the world stage; all of his bluster is just that. And if his bluster is real, then the mockery is over his head too.

I'm tired of the butt-hurt of everyone. My ancestors came here from Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales, Germany and Finland - all way way before WW2. Y'all just have no sense of humor. Must suck to be so dour and puritanical and put-upon all the time.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I have, actually! We stopped in a pub in Doune in the middle of the day, and were the only people in there. The pubkeeper asked if we would review his middle-school daughter's American History homework for accuracy, so we did.

Mallaig and Ft William and Stirling - all wonderful people: hospitable, outspoken, creative, droll, in-your-face, real people. They were fabulous. We felt welcome and appreciated. I'd be perfectly happy to expat my cute patooty and go live there.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I was questioning your tastes, not your genealogy and your feelings.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

My taste and sense of humor are classy first, smartass/sarcastic/untoward/unseemly second, and often considered crass by uptight types. I don't care.

Examples: John Philip Souza's music is awesome. So is Mozart. Monty Python and Idiocracy crack me up. I can read really big words and love Charles Dickens, Taylor Caldwell, and Bill Bryson as authors.

I don't care if it injures your sensibilities.... you used to intimidate me, but not anymore.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

We've never met, so I'm not sure how I could intimidate you. Throw some nazi golf balls my way and you might feel better. Either way, thanks for your sincerity.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You know, the swastikas on golf balls in Scotland (where golf was invented) created by a Jewish Doctor comedian to dig at Donald's attitude (which is reminiscent of Nazis treatment of Jews and Donald's attitude toward Muslims) was actually a multi-layered, genious statement and brilliant move. Apparently some folks aren't capable of getting it.

Would you have liked it better if the balls had been painted black with ISIS crap on them?

You know that the UK referendum was happening - and Scotland wanted to remain (henceforth to be called "Remainia") but England didn't like it.
The Scots and English have been adversaries since forever. Did you not know this?

Do you understand that Trump owns golf courses there and is a persona non grata in much of the UK? He got roasted. That's what it was. It was a successful "mime" - a reflection of his attitudes writ large and in his face.

And yet Scotland wanted to stay......

@Kali -
honey, thanks for this thread. I gotta go now....reading an article in The Atlantic about How American Politics Went Insane.

"Cap In Hand"

I could tell the meaning of a word like serene
I got some 'O' Grades when I was sixteen
I can tell the difference between magarine and butter
I can say "Saskatchewan" without starting to stutter

But I can't understand why we let someone else rule our land, cap in hand
I could get a broken jaw from being in a fight
I know its evening when day turns to night
I can understand why Stranraer lie so lowly
They could save a lot of points by signing Hibs Goalie

But I can't understand why we let someone else rule our land, cap in hand

We fight - when they ask us
We boast - then we cower
We beg
For a piece of
Whats already ours

Once I thought I could make God a bribe
So I said I was in his lost tribe
Getting handouts can be so frustrating
"Get in line son, there's five million waiting"

I can't understand why you let someone else rule your land, cap in hand
I can't understand why we let someone else rule our land, cap in hand
I can't understand why you let someone else rule your land, cap in hand

Oh, and by the way "Les Mis" - words on a screen can be just as intimidating as a face to face meeting.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It's his name tbh Trump it is a slang word for a fart up near me so as soon as I hear it I har har inside a bit yeah childish but I don't have to vote for anyone so Trump.

You gotta laugh at them they are all clowns in one way or another...we all are.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join