It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Fly, No Buy, Open Borders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
In the wake of highly sensationalized recent news. I submit this for your reading pleasure, and ask. Does this make sense to you? For some time now a group of people that rail against big government righties, and who have fought tooth, and nail to keep the border open is pushing bills that if became LAW would strip each and every American living here of their RIGHTS of due process, and that most problematic for some second.

Act one:

Republicans killed the bill after the 2015 San Bernardino shooting, saying no-fly lists reflect suspicion, not proof, of terrorist ties.

The massacre at a gay nightclub that left at least 50 people dead on Sunday morning has reignited the debate in Congress over legislation that would prevent people on the federal terrorist no-fly list from purchasing firearms.

Democrats: 'No-Fly, No-Buy' Gun Bill Could Have Prevented Orlando Killings

The left says suspicion alone is enough to deny constitutionally protected RIGHTS. Mind you people THESE are the SAME people that railed against GW and the Patriot Act as the saying of the time 'If you've done nothing wrong you've got nothing to hide'.

Now the entire 'reason' for this is to keep 'terrorists' from getting weapons. To keep the 'bad' guys from getting guns.

Now where that failed logic falls apart is in Act 2.

Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

ISIS, Mexican Drug Cartels Teaming Up?

Congressional report ties Middle East terrorists to Mexican drug cartels

Terrorism, Drug Trafficking, and ISIS: When Wicked Worlds Collide

Drug cartel-terrorist ties known in 2001

‘Hell to pay’ if terrorists’ link to drug cartels isn’t checked

Los Zetas and Hezbollah, a Deadly Alliance of Terror and Vice

Remember now people. The most vocal critics of the Patriot Act are saying SUSPICION alone is enough to deny RIGHTS.

So I am left wondering. Why THOSE people that STAGE sitin's are now going around acting like GW.

Especially in light of the problems we have at the border.

Where TERRORISTS come across. Where TERRORISTS are working with drug cartels. and Where those same people that push no fly no buy, and open borders go around arming them, and over in the middle east.

I ask what is 'tougher restrictions, and expanded background checks' going to do for US ?

We sure the SNIP aren't going to be safer, and it's is surely disgusting to watch them sell FEAR, PARANOIA, putting the fear of ALLAH in to the people under false pretenses.

Anyhow that's my opinion, and I am sticking to it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Who is pushing open borders?

I would be fine with the idea that if you are one a watch list you can't seek any sort of refugee or asylum.
Also both attacks were done by citizens...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I agree. What befuddles me is that the same people that say that we need to enact all these controls on firearms and use all these secret lists to do so are usually the SAME people that are pro illegal and anti drug war. It just seems like a huge logic fail to me. If we can't stop millions of people and who knows how many tons of drugs from pouring over our borders, what happens when the cartels figure out there is endless money to be made selling illegal arms and make arrangements to do so? As for terrorists, there have been several Middle Eastern men nabbed in Southern Arizona crossing illegally in the last year or so, but the media doesn't talk about that so much.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Who is pushing open borders?

The critics of walls that are pushing no fly,no buy.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I see it as guns are like bees .
More bees , more chance of been stung .
Destroy the bees and you won't get stung.
Obviously your gonna get rouge bees but hey ,overall bee stings will go down .

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

So do you think the state is going to give theirs up.

Criminals that will give theirs up?

LEO going to give theirs up ?

That's what you call a Bee POLICE STATE.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The "no-fly, no-buy" is simply a feint to attack the 5th Amendment.

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."
edit on 25-6-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

Getting rid of bees in order to prevent stings has its own set of consequences that hurts people rather than help.

You get rid of bees and you get rid of pollinators right? I assume this would have a pretty nasty effect on people. Get rid of guns for the law abiding and you end up with a target rich environment for criminals and terrorists who know the law abiding can't defend themselves.

We've seen it in Europe quite a bit lately, and we've seen it here.
edit on 25 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You and I understand it, Others understand it.

The proponents of no fly no buy will never.

Even after their OATHS to protect, and defend that.

Interestingly enough ?

The 5th also talked about double jeopardy. Being 'charged' with the same crime twice.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Getting rid of bees in order to prevent stings has its own set of consequences that hurts people rather help.

You get rid of bees and you get rid of pollinators right? I assume this would have a pretty nasty effect on people. Get rid of guns for the law abiding and you end up with a target rich environment for criminals and terrorists who know the law abiding can't defend themselves.

We've seen it in Europe quite a bit lately, and we've seen it here.

I'm talking gun crime in general , just obvious that less guns = less gun crime.

No ! all the mass shootings and terrorism won't stop .but gun crime will go down.

Thought that's the aim ?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Whatchu talking bout ?

Going around shooting other people is against the law.

And GUNS don't commit crimes to begin with.

People commit crimes that is already in violation of existing laws.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So what you're saying is that you KNOW gun control won't stop criminals. But you want to take the guns from good and honest people?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Whatchu talking bout ?

Going around shooting other people is against the law.

And GUNS don't commit crimes to begin with.

People commit crimes that is already in violation of existing laws.

yawn

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Just the kind of response I expected.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Absolutely false.

A recent study published in the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy concluded that there is a negative correlation between gun ownership and violent crime in countries internationally (more guns = less crime).

Nations with strict gun control laws have substantially higher murder rates than those who do not in general. In fact, the 9 European nations with the lowest gun ownership rate have a combined murder rate 3x that of the 9 European nations with the highest gun ownership rate!

americangunfacts.com...

The hive mentality favors law abiding citizens, not rogue criminals. Almost every bee hopes to never have to use their stinger.

When they do, it's almost always in self defense (being physically provoked). The only thing we can do is increase our education and awareness of the fact that we live amongst them.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

What you want is unconstitutional.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No Fly No Buy No Yawning.

Of course feel free to think so little of your RIGHTS.

The rest of us don't.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Tbh I couldn't give a # about the American and his guns !

I do however give a # about little kids getting shot up so you can carry on with your second amendment ego trip bs .

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I'm talking gun crime in general , just obvious that less guns = less gun crime.

No ! all the mass shootings and terrorism won't stop .but gun crime will go down.

Thought that's the aim ?

How's that working out in Chicago?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I do however give a # about little kids getting shot up so you can carry on with your second amendment ego trip bs .

Oh from the current administration arming drug cartels in Mexico those kids ?

Or the kids over in Yemen,Libya,Syria when the current administration was arming those 'freedom fighters' , and perpetuating 'mass drone attacks' ?

Inquiring minds want to know.
edit on 25-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join