It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratically Elected MP Calls For Parliament To Ignore Democracy.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: SprocketUK

Now, now Sprocket...

I am a massive lefty, but I still know right from wrong. It's not that he's a lefty that is the problem. It's that he's scum. Don't forget that. Left and right, we are all in the same boat!

Good point.
At heart, I must confess to being a lefty.
I am more the Dennis Skinner type. I was an RMT member for 20 years.
This type of lefty is the sharp suited in it for himself kind that infests and has ruined the labour party these days.
Fake lefty scum I should have said.

Apologies to honest lefties who may have read my previous post which wasn't properly worded.
Especially you Brit.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

If this gets stolen by political knavery then I don't feel that any of us need be bound by either the democratic process or the law of the land.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I think I better buy some new Doc Martins lol

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I think I better buy some new Doc Martins lol

Ironically army surplus German para boots are so much better for that sorta thinking.

Just a pity milk bottles aren't glass and on every doorstep anymore too.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Indeed. A Red Tory.

I doubt he had time to do a meet up with disgruntled Remain voters, between issuance of the result, and his utterance in Parliament. Someone elses agenda being pushed me thinks.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah, the sort of mp to whom his duty to his constituency is the very least of his concerns.

That madman shot the wrong mp I think.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

To be frank, that he shot anyone is a disgrace. However, this particular MP will have a twitter comments section like a scene from Bosnia circa 1992 if he keeps this up.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

To be frank, that he shot anyone is a disgrace. However, this particular MP will have a twitter comments section like a scene from Bosnia circa 1992 if he keeps this up.

Yeah.

We should all be partying like mad but these nobs keep "turning the music down."

All the hate he gets is well deserved. Twisting things to subvert the democratic process ought to get him a knock on the door at 2 am from the rozzers.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Indeed. They are WELL late to Heaths address, and taking us into the EU with no prior consent is considered treason by the standards laid out in our strange, distributed but all the same sturdy constitutional documents.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The referendum is not legally binding

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Brit too right.

Vivre are you advocating we waste millions on referenda that can be ignored anytime the result is "the wrong one"?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Never more true "You cannot keep moving the goal posts because your side lost".

There's only democracy when voting produces the right result.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

In this case - in a binary decision - "right" is the majority. The rest is sour grapes.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

No, nope, not in the least.

Democracy is a methodology which insists that for good or for ill, we move together under our own auspices, that we are not slaves to a system which moves without our consent, but under power given to it by the people. It also insists that we share the burdens of our failures as much as we do the rewards of our success.

For good or for ill, democracy is the certainty of the freedom to choose for ourselves and have our will recognised by those whose task it is to administrate on our behalf.

There is no right result. There are rocks and hard places.

The people have spoken, and their word is not to be ignored.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: AMPTAH

In this case - in a binary decision - "right" is the majority. The rest is sour grapes.

That's exactly right. "Right is the majority."

Unfortunately, the "majority" were not heard.

When you have 100% voter turnout, and 50.01% of the vote is for or against. That's the right.

When you have 72% voter turnout, the majority has not gotten the opportunity to be heard.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If Parliament votes to ignore the will of the people then it will be time for the people to enforce its will using whatever means necessary.

In some ways I sincerely hope they do choose to ignore or overturn the result of the referendum.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The Fish lady is going to veto it....

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

But on a good note @D.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The woman is a complete crank and an embarrassment to Scotland.

She is spiteful, vindictive and hateful and for some unknown reason believes the world revolves around Scotland.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Now, now Sprocket...

I am a massive lefty, but I still know right from wrong. It's not that he's a lefty that is the problem. It's that he's scum. Don't forget that. Left and right, we are all in the same boat!

Good point.
At heart, I must confess to being a lefty.
I am more the Dennis Skinner type. I was an RMT member for 20 years.
This type of lefty is the sharp suited in it for himself kind that infests and has ruined the labour party these days.
Fake lefty scum I should have said.

Apologies to honest lefties who may have read my previous post which wasn't properly worded.
Especially you Brit.

Great post - I was frothing at the mouth when you claimed Labour is left and am a huge Skinner fan and trade unionist - new labour is blue labour.

Despite being pro-remain, what the MP has said is backwards on all scales and Labour seem intent on going into meltdown, restructuring and a new leader while negotiations take place. Shows how little foresight they have and who and how many just want to be career politicians and don't agree with democracy when it suits them.

While I disagree with the outcome of the vote vehemently - the EU is a big issue for everyone, they had the right to have heir democratic voice heard - any MP on any side who goes against that is a traitor to democracy, Westminster and the Country.

Personally as a disabled scientist who rents a house and has family living across the EU, I've lost my house, job, career, basic rights and visits to see family will be very few and far between -but instead of sitting on my hands whining; I''m seeing this as an opportunity to emigrate to a country more in touch with my values and puts funding into education, science, research and industry in the 24 months left before many changes occur - like most young professionals/PhD types have been doing for the past few years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join