It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Is Now The Most Popular Modern President

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
I am a vet and I am not "pissed" at the PotUS or the Demarcates, in fact currently I more disapproving of the Republicans.
They are very hard trying to shove down our throats "Religious Freedom", "trickle down economics Regan worship " and Repeal the ACA without a viable replacement. Many other things I could list off but the Republican party is so far right that it makes a centrist like Clinton look left-wing.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

It is because a lot of the right live in bubbles created by their mind set. They think and react a certain way and assume that the majority think the same way.

I see it all the time on here.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I don't think the treasonous pants suit abandoned people to die . . .

I think she was ordered to set them up to die and to insure that they did die.

And she was evidently gleefully happy to do just that.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

". . . a centrist like Clinton . . ."

Evidently you have major investments in the Kool-Aid factory.

Sheesh.

A dyed-in-the-wool rabid but somewhat covert Communist is labeled as a "centrist" with a straight face?

Incredible.

Absolutely incredible.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Those who shout the loudest, particularly in an echo chamber, aren't always part of the majority they think they're part of.

History sometimes has a way of revealing the truth.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Nice Bo. A 10 year member that posted his 136th post and you insult him. Obviously this was important to him to "come off the bench". No wonder some don't post.

If you need a foil, I'm available.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Covert communist? Does that make Trump a covert fascist or a communist too?

I guess if you stand so far to one side you cant see the center anymore.

BTW trying to dismiss someone by saying they "drink the Kool-Aid" really does you no good, because I will never vote for Clinton simply because she is a war hawk. I don't need to make up things that didn't happen in Benghazi to justify my disapproval for her.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No need to defend me I know what I am getting into. Normally I use my membership to help keep track of topics which I why I joined all those years ago. But I am becoming more active this election cycle because it seems ATS has real problem with the extremes this year and it is driving me crazy.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I thought of it as incredulous at the perspective.

I didn't say anything about the person's personhood.

I was rather shocked at the idea that Clinton was a centrist. I suppose I could have waited to post until my shock had diminished more.

I will try and be more careful in my chagrin.

How do you suggest we register utterly aghast chagrin in a socially acceptable way?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I didn't mean it to be condescending. Sorry if it came across that way.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
How do you suggest we register utterly aghast chagrin in a socially acceptable way?

Politely.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

1. Clintons were labeled Communist by a long standing card carrying Communist Party member at a cocktail party decades ago in California. I've never forgotten it regardless of the propaganda and charades since.

2. I'll see how else I can put my incredulity besides the mention of Kool-Aid. It's hard to come up with a suitably stark statement that is PC.

3. I haven't followed the Behghazi thing super closely. However, my trying to keep track of the highlights has convinced me that she was incredibly complicit toward insuring their deaths. I don't consider that making things up. Just paying attention to the data bits and puzzle pieces as they come out.

Anyway . . . what do any of us truly KNOW . . . from one day to the next. We all make conclusions on imperfect and incomplete info . . . and our own filters and flaws color it all, too.

We can only do what we can do.

Hopefully, most of us try and be as informed and objective as we can be most of the time.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I guess I need some lessons in polite outrage or polite outrageous incredulity.

Or, I guess, alternatively . . . I could do my somewhat usual of retreating into massive understatement.

But sometimes that just seems like a huge insult to the facts as I perceive them.

edit on 25/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: shredderofsouls

no, a majority of American do not say otherwise. Only a marginal majority of the polling sample. They rarely ever question more than 1000 people for any poll, hardly represents 300,000,000 + .
i

You know nothing of sampling protocols in statistics. A well-constructed survey, which the CNN-ORC is unambiguously considered well-constructed, can use a sample of a 1000 and represent well the voting populace of 180,000,000 (not the erroneous 300M you mentioned [it would still have the statistical power to well represent 300M]).

For all the people that bitch about 'sheeple' on this site, you'd think such an uniformed comment would receive little-to-no stars, but I'll go with herd mentality over reasoning.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
....as I perceive them.

Yeah. You ain't the only one in the world. Your opinion is yours. Doesn't make it anyone else's. Sorry for the news bulletin.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Please feel free with whatever news bulletin you feel fitting.

I'm happy to learn.

I do chafe under the PC thing, however.

Yet, I prefer to respect people's personhood and individuality and don't care to trash that, at all.

To me, ideas, perspectives, opinions are fair game for satire and even ridicule as mine routinely are hereon.

I guess I don't feel that my identity is Siamese twin wedded to my opinions, perspectives, ideas.

For someone to brazenly and blatantly personally call me personally a brain damaged idiot; in need of an MRI to scan for a brain tumor etc. ALL OF WHICH ARE chronically routine for me on the receiving end--THAT, to me, is over the line away from civility.

Yes, my brain is, no doubt, damaged by my serious attachment disorder the first 6 years of life, TOO. However, the ones usually calling me brain damaged are just being abusively assaultive as a matter of their own style and reflexes. That gets to be more than a bit much the 101st time etc.

On the other hand, I don't take it so personal when folks call "All Christians" lobotomized idiots. That's not personally selecting my personhood out for assault.

Anyway--yeah, my opinion and perspective.

edit on 25/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

No. False.
Just another manipulated CNN poll, like the ones they did before the Brexit vote.

Look around you.

Americans are flocking in droves to change, be it Bernie or Trump, living rejections of Obama.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
One should always question not only who conducted the polls but who is publishing it as well
I remember reading some polls that highly favored the TPP as well as the Lobbyist pushing it.
It was being pushed by the Washington Post, in a city that is flush with tax payers money and corporate lobbyist cash

The same Washington Post that Rockefeller mentioned

No conflict of interest there

“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost 40 years......It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supernational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries.”
― David Rockefeller

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yeah he used to work at his own home...does Obama do that? Nope.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

All those stars for crap you just made up.. MADE IT UP.

Sounds like someone is butt-hurt.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join