It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Is Now The Most Popular Modern President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Up Yours, Republicans! Obama Is Now The Most Popular Modern President

Title of story not mine.

Despite how the far-right, racists, Tea Partiers, Fox News and the GOP in general trash talk President Obama and spit out stupid rhetoric like, “Obama is the worst President in history,” the numbers show that they are completely out of touch with the majority of Americans on this issue.

The latest CNN/ORC poll shows that their enemy, President Obama, now has a 52 percent approval rating. On yes, indeed. And, that’s a significant increase of 5 percent over a CNN/ORC poll in January. It also marks the third consecutive poll with a majority approval rating and the fourth showing a gain in popularity. And, according to The Hill, this is the highest rating Obama has received since 2012.

I always see the other side say that Obama will go down as the worst president in history but have wondered where they come up with this thought pattern.

I have seen the plenty of polls saying otherwise but wonder where they are getting their information from?

President Obama Job Approval

Even Fox news has it at 51 percent

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove (see trends).

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama

So where are they getting "go down as worst president ever" from when majority of Americans say otherwise?
edit on 25-6-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

no, a majority of American do not say otherwise. Only a marginal majority of the polling sample. They rarely ever question more than 1000 people for any poll, hardly represents 300,000,000 + .

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

no, a majority of American do not say otherwise. Only a marginal majority of the polling sample. They rarely ever question more than 1000 people for any poll, hardly represents 300,000,000 + .

And I would make this reason to ignore ALL THE POLLS, not just the ones I disagree with.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If I only polled Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Diane Feinstein, pretty sure I could get a high approval rating for Obama as well.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
for a country that has polls on polls on polls on polls, i have never once been offered to poll.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Obama Is Now The Most Popular Modern President

Says the White House...

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

IF he is so GREAT then name one good thing he has done...

Bankrupting the country on Obama care doesn't count.

Starting another war doesn't count.

Encouraging our children to be gay doesn't count.

Going on more vacations than any president ever doesn't count.

I have yet in these 8 years heard ANYTHING positive he has done for this country. He is a loser that just want's to party and play golf.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Good joke !!

The author of the article is a stand up comedian.

But I know Obama is immensely popular.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BLee8127

Well only thing I will ever commend him for is a single part of ACA that says insurance can no longer deny coverage for pre-existing conditions.

It was the only thing he had to do to make a big difference, but no he had to go full retard with the rest of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Gallup Poles are comedians? I don't think so.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. The most popular President, with the LEAST popular congress IN HISTORY!

edit on 6/25/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: Added IN HISTORY for emphasis

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Exactly, because these polls are likely from a sampling freshmen at Stanford.
edit on 25-6-2016 by BlueJacket because: Sp

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Of course not. About 1000 people, if properly and randomly selected, is a sufficient sample for validity. It's popular for the ignorant to criticize statistics, but it is the most powerful tool in modern science, without which quantum mechanics, just as one example, would not exist. 1000 people is probably accurate to within 5%, meaning 5 times out of a hundred a given poll is due entirely to chance. You can do 1% if you want, but that costs more and takes a larger sample.

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Exactly, because these polls are likely from a sampling freshmen at Stanford.

Nonsense. These polls are done by professional organizations like Gallup that have hundreds of PhD statisticians on staff.
edit on 6/25/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

(I'm so happy to see that adorable spaniel back) Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

He's not their choice that's all. So they don't agree with anything he says or does.
Yesterday I pulled up a video of an old Popeye cartoon about Olive Oyle running for president and in it a room full of elephants and donkeys were yelling at each other We accept it...We reject it and that cartoon was from 1948.
It's nothing new.
If you guys want to see it.
m.youtube.com...
edit on 6252016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BLee8127

Bankrupting the country on Obama care doesn't count.

Where is this from?

Starting another war doesn't count.

Unsure about this one?

Encouraging our children to be gay doesn't count.

Just idiotic.

Going on more vacations than any president ever doesn't count.

Let’s take a look at Obama and Bush vacations as conservatives are whining about the “Vacationer in Chief” now that Obama has wrapped up his annual time off.

Last December, CBS News reported that the number of vacation days President Obama has taken since the beginning of his presidency stood at 161 days. If you add the 28 days of vacation he has taken this year his total comes to 189 days.
However his predecessor, two-term President George W. Bush, took 879 days of vacation, including 77 trips to his Texas ranch according to a report by The Washington Post. According to The Washington Post, “No modern president took less vacation than Jimmy Carter (79 days), while Ronald Reagan spent 335 days at his beloved California ranch.”

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This amazing "revelation" sounds like the days of Stalin and Mao, how the state controlled media is always presenting these amazing news bits to tell everyone how wonderful the leader is.

A real honest to goodness leader wouldn't need a poll to convince the masses how wonderful they are, because everyone would support him/her, but this isn't the case, and I have yet to meet anyone in real life who can even stand to talk about Obama, because they know what an incredible Fake-uP he is in every conceivable way.

State controlled, and commie party controlled media always show polls trying to convince the planet how marvelous the leader is, because otherwise it is widely known how they are not. Not many actually believe it, but still embrace it as truth for their addled minds to remain with the illusion of sanity.

Obama is the most deceitful, and career criminal with Mafia training that America has seen in many decades of presidents. Hence the need for constant polls telling us how good he is.
(LOL)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Obama certainly will leave with a popularity better than Bush.

Bush’s popularity was so low it went to minus probably

This will help Hillary win

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BLee8127

All those stars for crap you just made up.. MADE IT UP. Nothing to substantiate any of it.

Going on more vacations than any president

That's embarrassingly and minddumbingly inaccurate. George Bush was the KING of vacations, even when we were at war. Before that, he was on vacation even when he wasn't formally on vacation. Visiting an elementary school in florida the date we got hit? Or vacaying with his brother, the florida Governor.

You decide. If you want to write fiction, we have a forum for that.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If by popular you mean a public punching bag... then yes.. yes he is.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Despite how the far-right, racists, Tea Partiers, Fox News and the GOP in general trash talk President Obama and spit out stupid rhetoic.

Propaganda technique 1.

1. NAME CALLING or STEREOTYPING: Giving a person or an idea a bad label by using an easy to remember pejorative name. This is used to make us reject and condemn a person or idea without examining what the label really means. Examples: "Republican", "Tree-Hugger", "Nazi", "Liberal", "Environmentalist", "Special-Interest Group".

Propaganda technique 7.

the numbers show that they are completely out of touch with the majority of Americans on this issue.

www.uvm.edu...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join