It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep Your Information and Identity Hidden. It Is Your Right.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
To add to more helpful tips.

Making sure data that is deleted, is deleted for good.

There is various services you can use and should use if you feel data you have put to recycle bin and deleted you would NOT wish to be recovered. Please be aware the next steps once used will make any deleted data unrecoverable forever. So make sure that data you did wish to permanently delete.

You can install and uninstall this software once used but download CCleaner. and go to its tools page. There is an option to ERASE FREE SPACE. It will give you options for 1 Pass, 2 Pass and many others. This basically means, the more passes the more secure the data will be written over and harder for anyone to recover using forensic tools, even agencies. 2 Passes, I would deem enough, more then this may be seen as overkill and would take many hours to complete.

Here is a step by step guide.

CCleaner, Guide to Erasing Deleted Files.

Bonus TIP: If you are wishing to sell a computer, then before you sell it you may wish to erase all traces you ever used it. Use this.

THIS WILL DELETE OPERATING SYSTEM ALSO. IT WILL NEED A NEW OPERATING SYSTEM INSTALLED FROM CD OR USB.

Darik's Boot And Nuke

You may wish to create a bootable USB, this can then be used in future to erase all computers you do not wish to use anymore.

Step By Step Guide To Creating Bootable USB

edit on 25-6-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: BlackProject

I pose a single question. In transference from point a to point z...via TOR, encriptin incognito and multiple servers 1-20 deep into an onion....who owns possession of the towers, cable, microwave transmitters needed to move these secure encripted bits of data around the world through the air, under the ground, sea and by satellite?

The means of transferring. It belongs to who? Encripted, secure, onion layered, using TOR...in fact....using everything in place that ALLOWS these very ideas to move from place to place.

I just want everyone to realize the obvious...

The key is here to create plausible deniability. This is not the aim to hide location technically. However this helps in providing more loops to jump through. The more loops, the better.

It is known that Echelon is one agency that records airwaves and signals in our skies at all times. However the ability to blame a specific person liable for X or Y action is made harder. I could go into how Classes of networks are built in order for governments to see all below networks, Class A, B and C networks however this is unneeded as my original point was to create deniability and loops to jump through.

I see where you are coming from however.
edit on 25-6-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Thanks for responding here. I completely agree with you and appreciate all the advice you provided to us all.

I've made my point...basic as it is...that nothing...zero...cannot be grabbed, snatched, diverted and saved. For in the end? That invisibly huge underground segment of our NWO....owns all the equipment.

And we should trust nothing...thanks again so very much!

Great thread and info here!

Best....MS

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Awesome thread. I was raised in the 80s n 90s with Internet before most people... Was probably ahead of the curve for a bit.
Someone around Windows 98 real life took over ... Fell off. Now I'm a total lay man.. Maybe worse because I try to convince myself my DOS skills are still relaent 😉

Anywho I appreciate the "for dummy's" thread because I that's what I am and have been wanting to tidy up the ship a bit..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Awesome thread. I was raised in the 80s n 90s with Internet before most people... Was probably ahead of the curve for a bit.
Someone around Windows 98 real life took over ... Fell off. Now I'm a total lay man.. Maybe worse because I try to convince myself my DOS skills are still relaent 😉

Anywho I appreciate the "for dummy's" thread because I that's what I am and have been wanting to tidy up the ship a bit..

Thank you, kind of you to say.

DOS Skills are still relevant, put that knowledge into learning linux or powershell. Those are similar to DOS and if you know those, even basic methods you can do amazing things. People that know basically Powershell earn a lot of money.

I kept the topic clean due to not wanting to over complicate my point being made. I could go into detail but does not help those who want to see quick methods that you can go try.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Thanks for responding here. I completely agree with you and appreciate all the advice you provided to us all.

I've made my point...basic as it is...that nothing...zero...cannot be grabbed, snatched, diverted and saved. For in the end? That invisibly huge underground segment of our NWO....owns all the equipment.

And we should trust nothing...thanks again so very much!

Great thread and info here!

Best....MS

Thank you, again another nice comment so appreciate it.

If anybody has any questions about any specific, I can try answer here to help. So fire away. Just want to help others and help ATS members too.

Interesting subject, NSA Backdoor Into Hard Drives

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So.... Does that mean that I am supposed to somehow feel sorry for them? Worried?

When I was growing up, you were taught about a tool before you used it. You were taught how to use it, not to use it, and how things could possible go wrong while using it.

Today, not only do they not do this (they freely hand it out to any moron with enough cash to pay for it), the information is already available...for free...to the masses.

So, yeah. Rain, is wet.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: reldra

So.... Does that mean that I am supposed to somehow feel sorry for them? Worried?

When I was growing up, you were taught about a tool before you used it. You were taught how to use it, not to use it, and how things could possible go wrong while using it.

Today, not only do they not do this (they freely hand it out to any moron with enough cash to pay for it), the information is already available...for free...to the masses.

So, yeah. Rain, is wet.

Going from what you said, they do hand this out to anyone now yes that is the concern. The explanation is not given to people how invasive these things are. Just because you know does not mean others know and they should know but are kept in the dark. You do not have to feel sorry for them but for some, including me. I feel sorry for them. After all I had to teach myself and study long and hard to really understand the complications behind the grand machine. Most do not have the time to do that and technically you really need a lot time to really understand the mechanisms to be safe.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Don't forget proton mail, fully encrypted ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Don't forget proton mail, fully encrypted ;-)

Cheers - Dave

Yes a good provider for mail service.

One thing however, the message is encrypted but the delivery is not. Meaning its headers can contain IP addresses that determine Internet Provider and in some cases actual Public IP addresses from routers. Thus you can find a user using geolocation services to their actual door.

It would be best to create an account for Proton Mail once you are logged into a VPN service. At all times make sure from registering to sending mail, to logging out and leaving the site you are logged into a VPN service. As at any point the site could track the real IP address not hidden by a VPN service and note who you are.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I guess some people might want to add that level of anonymity. Personally, I don't care, I already have 9 natsec stats on me, did the FOIA on myself, have the letter. You know the drill, we will neither confirm nor deny and based on who you are, national security statute N...... Nx. I don't really need a lot of Internet privacy, I take my meetings in person ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Then they have no reason using a tool that they do not understand. Nor are they willing to take the time to do so.

It is essentially the Darwinism of the electronic age.

BooHoo. People aren't going to like me for saying these things. BooHoo.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There is a perfect alternative :

Tails - Browsing the web with Tor Browser Anonymously
tails.boum.org...

You buy a 32 Gb memory stick, download the program and then install it on that mem-stick.
Then switch your laptop or box off, and when turning it on again, use F2, or F4, or whatever other function key your laptop or box asks for, to get into its Set Up screen, and there you change the startup routine to USB first, then DVD drive, then HD's. Save and proceed.
Then switch your laptop or box off again, stick that Tails-stick in a fast USB port, and start-up again.

Your new operating system ( TOR, Onion browser-Firefox based) will now start up, totally separate from your installed Windows or Linux operating system, that's not addressed at all, nor started up at all. Windows, Linux, is "dead".

I have a user-specific (customs build) Tails system installed-on-a-stick, which, when a Tor-browser sessions is "Quit", it will first wipe all your in Tails used files totally clean (you see it happening, all kind of machine language filling up your screen, until it tells you it's ready, and then shuts off your laptop or box.

At that moment, NO ONE will be able to ever find out what you have been done on that laptop or box, and better, also not on that stick. That stick is virgin-like again, as if it was just installed and never worked with.
Your used laptop or box has no logs, files or whatever else saved, since it was not addressed at all, everything went over the Tails-Boost systems, which were wiped clean automatically when you clicked "Quit", which ended your browsing activities.

There are several more layers added to that Tails-Boost mem stick, if you pay a circa 400 euro annual fee to a specific, European based, dark web based service firm, you get the possibility to contact friends, family and other "business friends or Mafiosi
" in a 100 % secured manner, by means of a few passwords that give you access to special high-end encrypted servers in f.ex Iceland, China or any other country where the NSA has not its claws too deep in the Internet infra structure, and those servers NEVER log activity. They can't in fact do that, since you're on that fenced-off stick, and the moment you Quit, everything is gone in three seconds, no incriminating trails left, ANYWHERE.
Not on your laptop, box, nor your Tails OS memory-stick.

I find that quite an honestly priced deal for total peace of mind and freedom of opinions or telling the truth, without the so feared repercussions.
The best there is, for a fair price for public servants, or others, who want to spill the beans on false flag operations, government corruption, black projects, murder plots, state suppression, pedophiles-rings in government circles, hooker madams busy in state institutions, dirty money payments, names and addresses of those who planned 9/11, and on and on.

Well, this is HOW they DID execute that false flag that 9/11 clearly was.

And HERE is where I will tell you today WHY they did it, and HOW they did it.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Triple post because of a somewhat more sophisticated attack on the board that slowed everything down to a near halt for about three hours now :
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26/6/16 by LaBTop because: Board attack.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Idem.
edit on 26/6/16 by LaBTop because: Board attack.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LaBTop

Good post to add for others to use. Tails is a good operating system and as I mentioned in other posts, should be the way forward for most of us, to use an operating system with all this built in. Just it seems some people like their operating systems and prefer to keep as much of what they know as possibly.

You and I know however, it would be best to stick to an all encompassing environment.

Hopefully for those ATS members that wish to plunder into the depths of keeping privacy more they can use that method.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join