It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A year gone by

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I remember a call i had with my uncle;

" Most of the old cant afford to eat, people are starving " and i asked "Is there something you can do? " and he said " No " and i replied " Then why do you even care? "

So he called back the day after and said ;" This Friday we will serve lunch at the local church " and i said " Will one meal a week be enough for someone who is starving " and he said ;" Probably not, but its better than nothing " and i replied; " You either provide them with food or you dont "

So a month passed and he called again;" We serve them lunch every day of the week, there is about 300-500 each time " and i asked what do they give in return, and he replied;" Nothing " and i said "Then why do you feed someone who does nothing? "

Six months passed and i got a call ;" We have fixed the local church, built a fence, fixed the roof" and the list went on and on. So i asked ;" Do everyone who eats at the church attend to Sunday mass" and he said;" No " and i said ;" Well, then you are just feeding a bunch of soulless people who works for food "

A year later a call came;" We have a working community, its peaceful, everyone is attending to Sunday mass, its love and everyone is helping each other " and i said ;" Being a monster is easy, the hard part is being good "

The way i saw it was, one unified cultural dogma could give the community a chance without resorting to beg or complain.. When someone tried to divide you, they want something.. Mostly a tool for power.. Most states in this World has one cultural dogma, a few lets the people choose for themselves.. And in the world of magic and ideals, it probably works.. In the real world, cultural differences means nothing but war..

So ask yourself a question, is it easier to tell everyone to F# O# or would you be happier working together..`?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I'm not sure where you're from but in the US, there's zero reasons that multiculturalism can't work.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

i have 84,258 examples which 11,208 didnt survive, but if you think differently by all means..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The issue is a lot of people don't really want to be part of a community. A lot of people want to live free and independent. You can't do that in a group.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Alaska? Alaska is the last place where you dont have to be part of a community, its by all means a freezone..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Alaska? Alaska is the last place where you dont have to be part of a community, its by all means a freezone..

So are you saying most of the world is a slave pen except for Alaska? What happens when Alaska is gone? Do we all have to be herded like cattle?

Just because the Zookeeper feeds the animals every day doesn't mean they are happy.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So who feeds you? The internet you are using? The books you are reading? The movies you are watching?

No that was not part of the Zoo pen was it? it was free men who gave you everything`?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

who gave you everything?

No one 'gave' me anything.

Enjoy your servitude.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You can call me when you.

1. Built your own house with what you made
2. Dont buy your food at the market
3. Built your own car
4. Fixed your own water supply, electricity, sewage garbage:
5. stopped using TV, Internet, reading Papers..

oh, the list is long... But im sure you think the privileges of living in a society should be granted any free man..

wow.. just wow..

new topics

top topics

join