It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Breakup is now inevitable.. England- Scotland-Wales-Ireland ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What would this look like and will it work ?

Currency, Borders, Passports, Armed forces, shared Debt ( www.debt-clock.org... ) many more ?

Scotland want to stay in the EU and voted as such along with N Ireland..

www.google.co.uk...=uk+breakup+inevitable

England www.google.co.uk...@52.8201435,-4.5669799,7z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d0a98a6c1ed5df:0xf4e19525332d8ea8!8m2!3d52.4827802!4 d-1.6094971

Quick facts
England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is a country in the British Isles bordering Scotland and Wales. The capital, London, on the River Thames, is home of Parliament and the 11th-century Tower of London, but is also a multicultural, 21st-century hub for the arts and business in "The City." Other large cities are Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Bristol and the university centres of Oxford and Cambridge.
Population:53.01 million (2011)
Capital:London

Scotland : www.google.co.uk...@57.666077,-9.1697095,6z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4861e2c403f2a19f:0xe7c1fad809c30714!8m2!3d57.0765747!4 d-4.2681885

Quick facts
Scotland, the U.K.’s northernmost country, is a land of mountain wildernesses such as the Cairngorms and Western Highlands, interspersed with glacial glens (valleys) and lochs (lakes). Its major cities are Edinburgh, the capital, loomed over by its iconic castle, and Glasgow, famed for its vibrant cultural scene. Scotland is also the ‘home of golf’, typified by the 16th-century Old Course at St Andrews.
Population:5.295 million (2011)
Capital:Edinburgh

Wales : www.google.co.uk...@52.4017066,-5.1870619,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x486434b66c1c0fed:0x1ebb71bc8aa5e8a2!8m2!3d52.0153174!4d- 4.3725586

Quick facts
Wales is a country in southwest Great Britain known for its rugged coastline, mountainous national parks, distinctive language and Celtic culture. Cardiff, the capital, is a refined coastal city with a nightlife scene and a medieval castle with ornate Gothic Revival interiors. Also to the south is Gower Peninsula, with beaches at Swansea and Rhossili bays offering surfing and other water sports.
Population:3.063 million (2011)
National anthem:Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau
Capital:Cardiff

N Ireland ( We know this will not be easy ) : www.google.co.uk...@54.6299213,-9.7466125,6.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x485e10ca99a69975:0xf7e528ef6eb7e3d8!8m2!3d54.67383 1!4d-6.6824341

Quick facts
Northern Ireland is part of the U.K., known for its Norman castles, glacial valleys and mountains, Celtic and Christian monuments, and renowned coastal links golf courses. Capital Belfast is home to the political murals of the 20th-century ‘Troubles’ conflict, and the Titanic Quarter, showcasing the redeveloped dockyards where the famous ship was built.
Population:1.811 million (2011)
Capital:Belfast
Currency
ound sterling

edit on 25 6 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added You Tube

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Currency, Borders, Passports, Armed forces, shared Debt

And nooo refugees. Btw, banks will never let debt go. The real authority, lines on maps are less relevant.

Independence, self determination, Sovereignty, whats that?
edit on 25-6-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It's not going to break up, not nearly a real mandate for an indie vote in either Scotland or NI.
Just vested interests rattling their cages.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Just because a "overall" majority wanted to stay does not mean that a independence vote would go through, being in the EU without the UK is a totally different situation, what happens if you vote to stay then every leading economy votes out?.. You will have crushing payments (you will have this anyway I feel) and what location will people from the new member states be heading???...

RA

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yeah the Scots are going to go one of these days, it's been on the cards for a while and they will go. The Norther Irish look like they want to stay in the EU so they can either join Scotland or the Southern Irish. Or go it alone maybe. Like a British dependency but within the EU.

The real answer is going to be a population exchange to sort things out once and for all like the Greeks did with the Turks 100 years ago. Get the million Scots out of Ulster and swap them for the million Irish in Glasgow, full house swaps with cash either way depending on house values. Problem solved, a nice clean way of sorting out a united Ireland and a Scotland in the EU and independent. Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
As Europe now hates the English, one excellent business opportunity would be for the tourist industry to rebuild Hadrian's Wall and get some hard core LARPers to dress up as Romans to stop the crazy pro-European Scots attacking England again.

Stick it on a 24/7 webCam as well. i am sure there will be plenty of activity on the border.

Obviously the Scots were conned by Europe because Russian switched off the gas pipeline through Ukraine and Europe needs gas.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

If they want to leave, then they will vote to do so. Scotland will have a hard time getting in the EU, Spain for sure will block. Also Scotland may find out in the big picture, they are better off in the UK. Supposedly even taking into consideration North Sea Oil, Scotland receives more in aid from the UK then it generates. To be honest, it makes more economic sense to stay in the UK rather then go independent just for a EU membership that probably will be blocked. Not that common sense prevails when it comes to independence movements.
edit on 25-6-2016 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2016 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

If they want to leave, then they will vote to do so. Scotland will have a hard time getting in the EU, Spain for sure will block. Also Scotland may find out in the big picture, they are better off in the UK. Supposedly even taking into consideration North Sea Oil, Scotland receives more in aid from the UK then it generates. To be honest, it makes more economic sense to stay in the UK rather then go independent just for a EU membership that probably will be blocked. Not 5ha5 common sense prevails when it comes to independence movements.

I agree. But this vote has allowed the nationalist feeling's to re emerge. The SNP are meeting today to work out tactics it will be interesting times for sure and our MP's will be earning there Moneys I hope..

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 25 6 2016 by skywatcher44 because: +

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Why is it the Sturgeon ignores the 38% of Scots that voted to leave ? , if the Scottish result had been as resounding as the one in Gibraltar then I could understand the call for another referendum but as it stands all I see is an SNP leader singing the same old song.
Wales voted for Brexit so they won't leave and I suspect the only Northern Irish people that want out are the Republicans who see a way of getting a united Ireland by the back door.

a reply to: SprocketUK

Just vested interests rattling their cages

Spot on.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Scotland is also the ‘home of golf’, typified by the 16th-century Old Course at St Andrews.

just a little off subject, every time i hear someone say Scotland the ‘home of golf, i think of this.
i can't post the video, so here's the link. it's just because of the f bomb but funny as hell.

Robin Williams - Golf
edit on 25-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Why is it the Sturgeon ignores the 38% of Scots that voted to leave ? , if the Scottish result had been as resounding as the one in Gibraltar then I could understand the call for another referendum

And the total referendum of Brexit was 52-48 %. Do yo you support another referendum about Brexit in that case ?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
If the Scots did go their own way, it would make sense to allow Ulster to combine with them.
Ulster-Scotland works better logistically than Ulster-England (The Larne ferry goes to Stranraer, not Holyhead).
There has been close interaction between the two areas all through history, and the Ulstermen would certainly prefer it to reunion with the republic.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

We've had a vote and the majority voted to leave , the verdict is final.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Yeah the Scots are going to go one of these days, it's been on the cards for a while and they will go. The Norther Irish look like they want to stay in the EU so they can either join Scotland or the Southern Irish. Or go it alone maybe. Like a British dependency but within the EU.

The real answer is going to be a population exchange to sort things out once and for all like the Greeks did with the Turks 100 years ago. Get the million Scots out of Ulster and swap them for the million Irish in Glasgow, full house swaps with cash either way depending on house values. Problem solved, a nice clean way of sorting out a united Ireland and a Scotland in the EU and independent. Problem solved.

Isn't the name for that ethnic cleansing? Also there really isn't anything like a million Irish in Glasgow.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Not so sure about the "inevitability", but then I'm no expert.

I did listen to an expert the other day, as I noted in another thread recently, who does know what they're talking about.

Professor Simon Tormey, has suggested that this may well come to pass.

There Is A Link At The Bottom Of This Page

Is it that much of a big deal if you really believe in democracy, I suspect not.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

The inevitability in the title has a ? and was included to stimulate debate..
Thanks for your pointer and interesting speaker ( Not to keen on the busy Bach at the beginning )
I will link below..

radio.abc.net.au...

( Worth to download the MP3 as you can skip some of the music if you so please on your player and not on the podcast )
edit on 25 6 2016 by skywatcher44 because: ADD

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Thanks mate.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It's quite possible the EU might break up before the UK lol

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

If the Scottish and people of Northern Ireland want to leave the UK then fine. They should be allowed to do so and determine their own paths, it isn't obligatory and if queenie needs to produce a passport to get into Scotland so what?
England and hopefully Wales, if the Welsh agree to continue on happily.

The benefit of loosing the other two members would be that our place in the world would be quickly reduced and we wouldn't have such high overheads because of our commitments abroad. Charity begins at home and this country needs a lot of new infrastructure and its time to invest here in our businesses and facilities we need. Too big a profile abroad means you are expected to cough up all the time and often for things that don't benefit the public here.

If we need visas to travel abroad in Europe, so what we need them for other countries in any case, its hardly something to worry about. If we have control over our borders and stop the flow of refugees and illegal immigrants that's also a plus because we don't have the resources to keep paying with their demands and needs, especially when they are allowed in with diseases and medical conditions that will cost the NHS a lot of on going money.

It might also deter a lot of people going into parliament for the current glamour of being a British MP and we might get people in there who actually care and act on the behalf of the people here and not the corporations, lobbyists and of course the dual passport holders.

This could mean a lot of employment in things that have been so run down to b e operating on a shoe string rather than effective services and efficient ones. Our Coastguard, despite good technology is something we could certainly improve on.

I don't doubt the people of this country who are very inventive will actually thrive as we have done in the past.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Yep I agree.. I suppose we could also streamline parliament if England ends up independent..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join