It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate RELIGIONS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Why is it that they all seem to want the world to end and for everyone to die horribly? It seems each new horrible thing that happens is a CONFIRMATION in their beliefs and they are feeding off of it. I have even heard preachers are saying the Tsunami was gods will for not celebrating Jesus's birthday and that they were all homosexuals. So God killed them on sunday morning to send a message.

We must stop them before they kill us all. I don't think any GOD worthy of worshipping would kill innocent people. In fact I don't think any GOD has any power over it. If they did no little children would every be hurt by anything.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You're right, so right. But those that say those things are misguided and have about as much chance of getting into the Lord's kingdom as Hitler.

I for one do not wish for any suffering or pain or death to be inflicted on anyone. I do, however, take many global events as signs that the end-times are coming and they do strengthen my faith in God to an extent, but not by any measure do I believe that these events are God punishing homosexuals, Muslims, Swedish tourists, Americans, blondes, or any demographic for that matter. I believe they are signs that Jesus' is on his way back and the current existence of pain, death and sorrow that we live in will change soon. These things won't exist after the endtimes are played out. The good guys are gonna win and the satanic elite are gonna lose. Yin Yang is a phallacy; you don't have to have pain, evil and darkness to exist in order for joy, good and light to exist, and I'm rambling, yes, so shoot me.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well, I don't think they are overjoyed by the deaths of innocent people. However people want to grab on to something in life.

One of these things is religion.

When a tragedy occurs you try to connect it to your religion to strengthen your faith. I doubt they are happy, they are happy that they can believe in their religion .

Just my thoughts....

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I too HATE Religions and have to say that they WILL end us all sometime or another, Wars are mostly based on them!! Try and name a war where Religion was NOT brought into it some way or another.

"God is on OUR side! We WILL win!!"

"Muslims are Evil! We MUST kill them all! WAR AGAINST THE MUSLIMS!!!"

"Its the JEWS fault!! Kill them all off!!"

These sound familliar?

These arn't necessarilly religious extreamists, these could very well be normal people or priests!

MANY people die for stupid reasons, for a cause they dont even know is real!!
People just use religion for getting what they want, including war and laws and people opinions!!

I HATE RELIGIONS AND THINK THAT THEY ARE JUST CREATED BY STUPIDITY AND ALL THEY CREATE IS STUPIDITY.... However I must respect their views and choice to belive in whatever they do, and so should everyone else.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321
Why is it that they all seem to want the world to end and for everyone to die horribly? It seems each new horrible thing that happens is a CONFIRMATION in their beliefs and they are feeding off of it.

That is why they want holy war/jihad.. and keep looking desperately for the sign of judgement day.. or try cause it themselves so the prophecy is fulfilled.

I have even heard preachers are saying the Tsunami was gods will for not celebrating Jesus's birthday and that they were all homosexuals. So God killed them on sunday morning to send a message.

It's disturbing that some who insist that they follow 'christ'.. apparently a compassionate and tolerant man.. would be so gratified over the deaths of so many.

We must stop them before they kill us all.

How? I think the best way is to be vigilant and make sure that religion does not wittle away [anymore of] our freedoms. We have to stop things like adam and eve being taught in our kids' science classes for instance.. and pull them out of school when they get taught masturbation causes pregnency :shk:- and prevent things like the pill from getting banned. There seems to be a real conspiracy at play from the bush administration to impose his version of christianity. This is a threat to all democracies.

I don't think any GOD worthy of worshipping would kill innocent people. In fact I don't think any GOD has any power over it. If they did no little children would every be hurt by anything.

I' having trouble understanding how people can worship a creator.. yet have so little respect for the actual creation.. wouldn't 'god' want humanity to take care of itself?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
All those ppl that are happy about it are those baptists from the south. I dont think anyone else is happy about it. What makes you think every religion is happy about it? No religion wants the world to end horribly or wants ppl to die, Except probably satinists. What makes you think religion wants that? Because of terrorists that happen to be muslim?

"Try and name a war where Religion was NOT brought into it some way or another. "

Hmm lets see. American revolution, War of 1812, Mexican American war, Spanish American war, World war 1, Korean war, Vietnam and those are just America. I could go on naming more but I think you get the picture.

I dont think God killed them. I think it was a powerful earthquake underneath the Indian ocean that shifted the sea floor which caused the waves to rise up.

"If they did no little children would every be hurt by anything.
"
Whats the point of living if God does everything for us?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
"Hmm lets see. American revolution, War of 1812, Mexican American war, Spanish American war, World war 1, Korean war, Vietnam and those are just America. I could go on naming more but I think you get the picture."

Im pretty sure that religion was brought into ALL of those wars to boost moral, such things as "god is on OUR side, therefore we WILL win!!" and since both of these sides said this, its obviously ALOAD OF BALLS.

Religion plays a part in EVERYONES day to day lives, even if you belive or not, religion effects alot of decisions.... Therefore it effects their lives.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Squid
"Hmm lets see. American revolution, War of 1812, Mexican American war, Spanish American war, World war 1, Korean war, Vietnam and those are just America. I could go on naming more but I think you get the picture."

Im pretty sure that religion was brought into ALL of those wars to boost moral, such things as "god is on OUR side, therefore we WILL win!!" and since both of these sides said this, its obviously ALOAD OF BALLS.

Religion plays a part in EVERYONES day to day lives, even if you belive or not, religion effects alot of decisions.... Therefore it effects their lives.

What you are saying is that it was the troops who believed that. That is not why the wars were started.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Im saying Religion motivated them, and in quite a few cases were strongly involved in war (eg - hitlers persicution of the jews) and in some cases entirely based upon religion (eg - the crusades)

But in wars that dont have religion strongly involved (like hitlers persicution of the jews) or based upon war (like the crusades) then all the soldiers fighting are motivated BY religion (eg - "we WILL win because god is on OUR side and he hates the enemy!")

THAT is what im saying.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Then that's no reason to hate religion, it's a reason to hate people who USE religion as a motivator for war.

Hitler used national pride, racial pride, and the perceived affluence of Jews to drive his troops, not religion.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I remember a post here in ATS, with the picture of a news article published by a church somewhere, and it was thanking God for the thousands and thousaands of Gays that died in the Tsunami attack!!!!
sick..:bnghd:
Crazy
's Does anyone by chance know where that post was i am trying to find it but am having little success.
Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Religion is a way to explain the unknown. It is a way to comfort us with that which we do not know for certain. At one point it was believed that the Earth was the center of the universe because it comforted us to believe that we were that important. Now we know differently. Religion too shall pass in time. For some it already has, but there are always some that can't let go of the crutch.

It is not my intension to insult those that believe in a 'god-thing' which has little to do with religion. I personally do believe in a god-thing, but that is not to say that it is anything more then pure non-conscious energy as a whole. It is religion that is the sham. The controling agent which people give themselves over too and there lies the problem: subjegation, self-imposed slavery, idolism.

Be a chess piece if that is your will, but abandon the chess board.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
August 23, 2004
Vatican City- God's gift of life and nature demand humankind's awe and respect, NOT ARROGANT MANIPULATION, said Pope John Paul II. There are many examples of "the VIOLENCE with which man tries to appropriate for HIMSELF what's true and right," the pope said in a written message to the Catholic lay movement Communion and Liberation
Anyone who decides "with the PRIDE of Prometheus to become THE ARBITRATOR of what's good and bad makes progress his absolute ideal and then is crushed by it," he said.
The Greek god, Prometheus, stole fire from heaven for the benefit of mankind; Zeus punished him by chaining him to a rock, where an eagle would come each day to eat his liver, which grew back at night.
The pope said Christians are called to look upon gifts of nature (life) with HUMILITY and "awe for its beauty and logic."

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Then that's no reason to hate religion, it's a reason to hate people who USE religion as a motivator for war.

Hitler used national pride, racial pride, and the perceived affluence of Jews to drive his troops, not religion.

Well Religion BREEDS hatred. Religion is the root cause of distinction amongst people. "My god is better than your god"

Hey here's a thought. What would the world be like w/o religion? ( I know we'd have one serious problem--We'd have to come up with a better method of population control!)

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I see what you're saying and you have a valid point; religion is definitely often used as one reason, justification or motivation to hate others, but the point I'm trying to make is that it is misguided people that USE religion in a way that it was never intended to be.

There are plenty of other things that people have used and will continue to use as motivation for hate, such as race, skin color, economic status, political ideology, nationality, historical grudges, fear and many , many more.

Blaming religion for hatred is like blaming black/yellow/red skin for racism, blaming Marx for the Cold War, or blaming bombs for killing people. "Damn those nuclear weapons! Why are they so violent? Why do they want to kill so many people?!"

Men of the church calling for war, blessing the bombs that fall on Iraq, rejoicing over "God punishing gay tourists in Thailand"? OMGWTF? Don't fall for the Doublethink. Just because some misguided souls use religion as a motivation for hatred, doesn't mean that they aren't to blame and that religion is. Religion breeds hatred? Tell that to Mother Theresa...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Blaming religion for hatred is like blaming black/yellow/red skin for racism, blaming Marx for the Cold War, or blaming bombs for killing people. "Damn those nuclear weapons! Why are they so violent? Why do they want to kill so many people?!"

True...I guess the saying "Guns dont kill people, people kill people" completely applies here!
There's always a few rotten apples that rot the whole friggin basket. I known a few atheists who would literally engage in a physical fight with a religious person just to provoke them! Sad!
I see your point of view wecomeinpeace but religion still doesnt make it any easier on the confused people. There's always the sheep and the wolves. Religion never tries to be the sheperd.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

religion still doesnt make it any easier on the confused people. There's always the sheep and the wolves. Religion never tries to be the sheperd.

So true...so true. What a crying shame that our one hope for shaking off the shackles of this existence, that hope being our spirituality, has been corrupted and turned into such a farce - an excuse for atrocities by people throughout the history of mankind. Evolution my a$$; more like DEvolution. At least these guys:
don't do that. But still, they do eat these poor little dudes: ...and all they wanna do is dance... :shk:

top topics

join