It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Question: Positive ?, Negative? or Neutral ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
When the post is not ambiguous, I think I usually just give star and flag in stead of post "I agree".

So that leaves two types of responses - either I ask questions, or I will argue against.

I will often ask, what do you mean? If it seems unclear.

But as far as using irony and sarcasm, yeah I am very bad at catching it through this medium, and have come to think of it as a bad idea to use it. You need the body language and tone of voice for it to work.

If I suspect it is sarcasm, I will usually ask first if it was, or if it was serious.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

You are most certainly correct, I suspect, that an absence of ambiguity provides a clear and easy determination.

Irony & Sarcasm are really subsets of what I'm getting at, however I get your point.

It really is all about when ambiguity is absolutely the primary essence of a post (principally really a post and not so much a thread assuming the thread is reasonably well authored, to the point at least that it extends beyond 1 paragraph).

Nothing personal but it's 01.42am, I'm not quite Brahms & Liszt but I am tired, so I'm off.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I tried to get the gist by looking at the link provided, guess I didn't quite grasp it.

I don't hesitate to be negative though.
I make an effort not to be insanely rude or offensive, I am going on the tentative hypothesis that anything can be said- it is just all in how you say it. The experiment is still underway.

But I personally have grown and developed my thoughts and perspectives more through others opposition and argument than by the positive agreeing exchanges, I value the negative ones slightly more. I also think my mistakes are slightly more valuable than my successes for the same reason.

So I don't hesitate to offer to others what I myself don't mind receiving- an opposing viewpoint that they can work with.
edit on 25-6-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

The negativity that I'm getting at is criticism/commentary that is negative because people (some) have a natural disposition (default position) to be negative/aggressive.

INDEED.

That kind of deep and intense inner gritch that the person feels compelled to spew all over the others--particularly those they feel a desperate need to verbally grab around the neck and attempt to throttle to extinction . . . THAT . . . kind of negativity I've spent my professional life trying to bring healing to within people and between people.

Maybe that's part of my intense fierceness against it. Hadn't thought of that, before.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Maybe that's part of my intense fierceness against it. Hadn't thought of that, before.

Makes sense considering equal and opposite reactions.

Anyway I have woken up significantly more sober than I was 9 or so hours ago. Having reviewed what I have written the one thing that makes most sense of all is;

GROGXIT

Kind of like a reverse Brexit insomuch that when I wake up tomorrow I won't regret a thing.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Damn. I thought this was about physics.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'm happy to derail my own thread, not that there's much to derail. I'll start;

F=MA

That is; The Maturity of a person multiplied by their Attitude is equal to the level of Farce in any given situation.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I agree. We are too damn serious today.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Anyway I have woken up significantly more sober than I was 9 or so hours ago. Having reviewed what I have written the one thing that makes most sense of all is;

GROGXIT

Kind of like a reverse Brexit insomuch that when I wake up tomorrow I won't regret a thing.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

CONGRATULATIONS.

I think life is going to be soooo complex and dangerously crazy . . . it will take 110% of one's wits to survive . . . may as well practice living as alert as possible, imho.

In any case, CONGRATS FOR TODAY . . . one day at a time etc.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join