It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why EU remain failed.... it was its own worst enemy.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The EU was doomed to failure before it even started.

Why?

Because it expected each individual country to adopt uniform economic standards. It was a gross attempt at control.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I honestly don't know whats going to happen with regards to the UK failing or succeeding, the nation has the potential to go one way or another i suppose, and only time will tell.

"There was never a mass number of UK migrants streaming into the EU was there?"

Far as i aware, no. There might be soon through depending on the path that Britain choose, take for instance a scenario where 5 years down the line right wing politics and party's like UKIP attain power, domination our nation. That's not a country i would care to reside within.

Im glad we left the EU down to the fact that it opens up the chance of any future referendum on Scottish rule possibly going the other way.

edit on 25-6-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The Scottish wanted to remain in the EU.

Northern Ireland wants to remain in the EU.

A welsh friend of mine is flabbergasted that his fellow countrymen chose to leave. Britain didn't just shoot themselves in the foot, they launched a missile at it. The Economic ripples will not only hurt them but the whole world and The scots should've voted for independence before this S hit the F; both them and northern Ireland should have an independence referendum ASAP-there is no reason to stay on a sinking ship IMO.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Scotland had its say.

Not England ands wales fault they didnt have the balls to take independence when given the chance.

We cant waste time with further referendums now.

We need to concentrate now on exiting.

The remsin camp lost. You didnt adress any of the problems and concerns. You only have yourselfs to blame.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Cant argue with the fact that we did indeed crap our breeks with regards to the last referendum, but chances are given the brexit decision, another referendum on home rule quite possibly will have a different result. Whether or not this happens or not, or is allowed to happen remains to be seen.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Cant argue with the fact that we did indeed crap our breeks with regards to the last referendum, but chances are given the brexit decision, another referendum on home rule quite possibly will have a different result. Whether or not this happens or not, or is allowed to happen remains to be seen.

I think there's such a thing as being too small (England Scotland Wales Ireland)

on their own.

And the other is side being too big like the EU 27? nations.

Much easier to manage are *bite size pieces*?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Tge UK public has never really been one to respect the intelligence (if you can call it that) or opinions of US politicians especially after Bush.

To us DC is full of retarded monkeys in suites.

You give the DC politicians far too much credit and insult monkeys at the time lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Well the nation of Monaco is only 202 hectares, Luxembourg is even smaller and those country's seem to be doing just fine.

Much easier to manage, much easier to govern if you ask me. Scotland has been seeking freedom from Westminster rule one way or the other for quite sometime. Hopefully if there is another referendum we will have the balls to jump in and finally rule our own nation, from our own nation. I relies there will be a price to pay regrading freedom, and hopefully next time we will be willing to pay it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Well the nation of Monaco is only 202 hectares, Luxembourg is even smaller and those country's seem to be doing just fine.

Of course they are in the case of Monaco it is a tax haven, you

can only reside there if you have :-

# A firm employment contract by an authorised Monegasque employer

# An official gov. document to set up a business

# A minimum deposit of 500,000 euros and a bank ref. stating you have

sufficient funds to support yourself.

It seems that all these small outpost tax haven places have the same or

similar requirements for residence

Is that the way Scotland intends to go?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

"Is that the way Scotland intends to go?"

If only, i mean look at the advantages, no homeless people, no abject poverty, minimal crime rates. Essentially everyone that lives there is a happy bunny.

But lets face facts, in a lot of areas, Scotland amounts to nothing more than a 3 world county. In some places 50% of the population live below the bread line and life expectancy is well below the U.K average.

As to the average person having 500,000 euros or £406,250 odd quid in the bank??? We would need to deport 99% of the population just on those grounds alone.

All the above being said a rising percentage of our population do indeed feel that should another referendum presents itself a YES vote is the way forward.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

If only, i mean look at the advantages, no homeless people, no abject poverty, minimal crime rates. Essentially everyone that lives there is a happy bunny.

No homeless people? ... Yea well they aren't homeless only because they

can afford the value of living there!

Minimal crime rates?
That's because they have done

their crime else where and are Monaco residents on the proceeds.... sorry I

suppose tax fiddling doesn't come under crime?

But lets face facts, in a lot of areas, Scotland amounts to nothing more than a 3 world county. In some places 50% of the population live below the bread line and life expectancy is well below the U.K average.

Make no mistake we have those areas in England too.

As to the average person having 500,000 euros or £406,250 odd quid in the bank??? We would need to deport 99% of the population just on those grounds alone.

All the above being said a rising percentage of our population do indeed feel that should another referendum presents itself a YES vote is the way forward.

That makes me sad
as i have said to other Scots on other threads I

think of the Scots as family ..... even the whingers

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The United Kingdom has been committing crime abroad for the past 500 years, never mind tax evasion/fiddling.

We even encourage/allow it in our own nation, look at Starbucks, Goggle and there like, how much tax have they defaulted on? How much £££ did George Osborne's family company get out of paying?

Christ they can even negotiate the rate! Love to see the common everyday citizen try that tact with the inland revenue dept.

"That makes me sad as i have said to other Scots on other threads I think of the Scots as family."

Why does it make you sad? All we wish is to rule our own lands and in our own way and to our own fashion. I think of our English cousins as family also, all through to be fair some of my family are English.

Were not whingers mate, but rather a few of us simply wish to travel in our own direction and under our own sail.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join