It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why EU remain failed.... it was its own worst enemy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Quite frankly there never needed to be a leave campaign.

The remain campaign along with Mad merkal and brussels did the job for Leave.

Why?

1) EU had bucked attempts at meaningfull reform. There had been pressure for the last decade yet they never listened. Why? Cause the ones would be responsible for reform were the ones who benefitted from the status quo gravy train!

2) the remains failure to offer any meaningful solutions.
They bleated about reform but never set down any clear path, method or plan to do so while taking point one into account.

3) They remain focused solely on money. That seemed to be the only thing they focused on in depth. Lifes not all about money and you cant put a price on freedom.
History shows people would be rather less well off and free than rich and under tyranny.

4) Remains failure to adressed not only immigration problems but its patronising dissmal of those concerns as racist and xenophobic.

5) Mad Merkal of germany. At the hight of EU tensions she lets in millions of middle easten migrants with no control, background checks of support.
It has sent waves of problems throughout main land europe and has not only hurt the native Europeans but hurt the migrants as they have found themselves in a foreign culture with no support.
What fairy land was Germany living in!

5) The failure to acknowledge centralisation is a bad thing. Diffrent EU countrys have diffrent views, values and needs! Forcing uniform regulations from country to country was never going to work. Bendy bannas may very will be a important social issue in Germany while immigration and fishing regulations are not, on the other hand no ones in the UK gives a # about rules on vegetables yet immigration and fishing were big concerns.

Remain never addressed any of these issues, instead ignoreing them.

Thete campaign should have addressed the idea of reform by setting out a credible plan and method. It should of addressed the immigration issues by laying out methods to negate the negative aspects while improving the positives and lastly should of come up with a way that that the EU could of been more flexible and decentralised , providing better support for local issues and needs.

The remain campaign deserved to fail due to its failure to adress fundamental problems.
edit on 25-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The whole of the EU deserves to fail due to its fundamental problems.....

RA

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

RA

Yup needs to be torn down and something new and more flexible put in its place.

Love my European neighbours but a political union was never going to work.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
S&F Hindsight being 20-20 and all.

What eludes me is why some can see it so clearly ... and other's prefer that leash attached to their nose ring.

Please demand the restoration of your basic human rights. I want my cousins to regain the right of ownership to private arms. And do something about your property taxes. The NWO has been allowed to bleed you almost dry.

In this day and age world travel is so simple and affordable. Yet ... I rarely see an English tourist (no matter where I happen to be). Think about that.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
From what I can discern from news reports and interviews, I think it failed because of the wars in the ME. The spill over of refugees and immigrants have people scared. These set of refugees are frightening because of their zealous and violent religions, hundreds of different sects. There is no hope of unity.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Totally

Although i never had doubts because i was for out before there was any talk

of referendum, I never voted to be in!

One thing you didn't mention and it was the pits to me, was George Osborne's

bullying tactics of bringing in an austerity budget as soon as there was a *Brexit*

it was sooo patronising treating the electorate as idiots. That alone

would have lost it for the remain.

Incidentally he has been noticeable by his absence since the Leave vote was

announced.

Yea! hide your head in shame George Osborne I think your career in politics

is over.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Possibly worth considering that there are 64.1 million people who reside in the United Kingdom. Not all of us were born with a silver spoon stuck where the Sun dont shine. Those fundamental problems of which you speak are caused by less than 1% of the population, the bankers, the politicians, the 1%er scum are responsible for the state of the nation. Also possibly worth keeping in mind that part of Europe or not, if Britain fails, then the rest of the first world nations will fall like a stack of dominoes.
edit on 25-6-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

The british public have never liked being treated as idiots.

The EU, current government and the remain campaign did and have suffered as a result.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
From what I can discern from news reports and interviews, I think it failed because of the wars in the ME. The spill over of refugees and immigrants have people scared. These set of refugees are frightening because of their zealous and violent religions, hundreds of different sects. There is no hope of unity.

Where as you are more than right, over here in Europe if you were to say

that openly you open the flood gates to being called 'racist' or 'xenophobic'

even prosecuted in some cases. Even if it is the sole fact that there is

not the space/room to take in what amounts to towns/cities worth of people

at a time.

It is frightening as the cultures are so different. It is causing mayhem

in Sweden Germany France and Belgium and there appears that there has been a

media blackout on reporting, particularly on the run up to the UK referendum.

The Political elite who live in their Gated communities don't see this ......

A case of *not in my back yard* or nimby's as we call them.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

RA

IMO it IS failing .... only a matter of how long it takes
I give

it five years tops.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
S&F Hindsight being 20-20 and all.

What eludes me is why some can see it so clearly ... and other's prefer that leash attached to their nose ring.

Well ..... there's always been *sheep*

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Obama helped too!

British Politician Nigel Farage Credits Pompous Obama For Helping Brexit Succeed…

Appearing on Breitbart Radio Nigel Farage tells Stephen K. Bannon that President Obama’s visit to the UK (telling the people to vote Remain) offended a lot of British and backfired on the Remain campaign:

“Threatening people too much actually insults their intelligence and the lesson from the Obama visit is even more fascinating”.

“Here’s the most powerful man in the world coming from a country that we’ve always had a huge high regard for … and a lot of people in Britain said, ‘How dare the American president come here and tell us what to do?’ And it backfired and I think we got an Obama Brexit bounce because people do not want foreign leaders telling them how to think and how to vote.”

theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Tge UK public has never really been one to respect the intelligence (if you can call it that) or opinions of US politicians especially after Bush.

To us DC is full of retarded monkeys in suites.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: slider1982

Possibly worth considering that there are 64.1 million people who reside in the United Kingdom. Not all of us were born with a silver spoon stuck where the Sun dont shine. Those fundamental problems of which you speak are caused by less than 1% of the population, the bankers, the politicians, the 1%er scum are responsible for the state of the nation. Also possibly worth keeping in mind that part of Europe or not, if Britain fails, then the rest of the first world nations will fall like a stack of dominoes.

There is zero reason why the UK will or should fail, do you not think where would the UK be today had it not joined, maybe the wage structure would be far better and teachers would be in a education system that does not cause our children to be on depression pills from stress.. I would have a few day wait to see my GP not two or three weeks, maybe we would still have a fishing industry and would be able to trade without absurd EU legislation and quotas. Maybe small business would thrive without the chocking hands of the absolute crazy hoops they have to jump through that cost of course every step of the way. People would actually feel enriched by positive limited immigration by workers in key roll positions not the mass invasion of low skilled migrants that have pushed the wage structure down and that the average person or our leaders could do bugger all about.

The EU needed the UK far more than vice versa the level of scaremongering should tell you that, we are now going at it alone and making our own rules and future not one that is being pushed onto us by the regressive left.

There was never a mass number of UK migrants streaming into the EU was there?. It was a one way door and that was into the UK that should tell you everything..

RA

edit on 25-6-2016 by slider1982 because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The fallacy of useing economics to put off seekers of freedom was dire.

Most countrys have had to shed copious amounts of blood to gain freedom and sovereignty.

A couple of years of slow growth or at worst a small recession is a bargin price to pay.

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

UK has never really been one to respect the intelligence (if you can call it that) or opinions of US politicians especially after Bush.

To us DC is full of retarded monkeys in suites.

To most of the US population too.

link   
Britain's vote to leave the EU sends out a clear signal. The majority of the British people reject the EU and all it stands for, and now passes the baton on to other European EU member countries to seek their own referendums, and to look at their own issue on sovereignty and national identity.

We can trade and buy and sell to each other, but it should not lead to the dissolution of an ounce of sovereignty, nor the disappearance of national identity, or the ripping up of a country's pages of history. Sovereignty should never be up for debate, or on the table to bargained away. A nation's power should always, without exception, remain firmly in the hands of the people. Anyone willing to cede that power away is a traitor to their country.
edit on 25/6/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Good post.

Maybe some of the other countries considering their own referendum's should use these points as a bargaining chip with the EU officials, and let them see they have overreached their powers. Might be a good time to renegotiate the EU's purpose and functions. How far it can reach into a country's affairs.

Even the Federal government in the U.S. maintains States Rights. (not on all things, but to a large degree.)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
They were flogging the status quo. Low wages, declining standard of living, declining status on the world stage less representation and more big government.

The only surprise is that more people didn't see it for what it was and vote out.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Britain's vote to leave the EU sends out a clear signal. The majority of the British people reject the EU and all it stands for, and now passes the baton on to other European EU member countries to seek their own referendums, and to look at their own issue on sovereignty and national identity.

We can trade and buy and sell to each other, but it should not lead to the dissolution of an ounce of sovereignty, nor the disappearance of national identity, or the ripping up of a country's pages of history. Sovereignty should never be up for debate, or on the table to bargained away. A nation's power should always, without exception, remain firmly in the hands of the people. Anyone willing to cede that power away is a traitor to their country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join