It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

les claypools duo de twang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
for the claypool fans this is another side project of his.

in my opinion les really can do no wrong. i was a huge fan of primus and i think les has improved a great deal as a musician since the major primus days.
one of the things i really like about him he is lies to collaborate with other musicians.
he has had a lot of side projects but my favorite might just be the fancy band.

if your into the progressive, heavy bass, improv kinda # i suggest you give this concert a listen. i listen to it all the time. its the fancy band so it is les on bass and whamola, gabby la la on sitar and theramin, skerik on the sax and i forget the drummer and dude on marimba.
let me tell you this dude skerik on the sax is a beast. he has a lot of side projects as well.

but yeah, the duo de twang has a cool sound

here is the fancy band

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thanks for these. almost done with the duo de twang vid. The Sarah Palin song(Red State Girl) LOL, And haww haww haww haww..Stayin Alive....I love their take on it. good stuff.

peace

edit on 6/25/2016 by jappee because: Red State Girl

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yea I was pretty much hooked on the duo album last year when it came out . Missed him when he came to Detroit with it.

I love les also. One of the rarities. What I appreciate is his love for playing and connecting with other musicians ..if you've ever done some serious jamming you know That there is a certain river you catch and it's like no other high on the planet even if it's only for 2 minutes of a 10 minute jam.. Iv seen les discuss this himself in interviews and how that's what keeps him going. Alway collabing just keeps him fresh ... Each new person adds a whole new dimension ..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

Thanks for these. almost done with the duo de twang vid. The Sarah Palin song(Red State Girl) LOL, And haww haww haww haww..Stayin Alive....I love their take on it. good stuff.

peace

youre welcome.
that fancy band concert is amazing. lots of extended jams.
les solo's a lot. skerik is a monster on the sax. dude on marimba owns and of course gabby is gabby.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Hitting the Fancy Band vid now. Good stuff. I got side tracked on youtube, with other Duo De Twang, and Primus..
Again thanks. Never knew Les had this going on. I'm hooked..

peace

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

Hitting the Fancy Band vid now. Good stuff. I got side tracked on youtube, with other Duo De Twang, and Primus..
Again thanks. Never knew Les had this going on. I'm hooked..

peace

oh dude. he has a ton of killer stuff.
after you finish that fancy band stuff check out
oysterhead. its him, trey anastasio from phish and stuart copeland on drums.
after that there is colonel claypools bucket of bernie brains. that is claypool, buckethead, bernie worrell, and brain mantia
after that you can check out the claypool lennon delerium. its claypool and sean lennon.

new topics

top topics

join