It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Warning Against Aid Workers in Indonesia (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

story.news.yahoo.com
GALLE, Sri Lanka (Reuters) - Asia's tsunami death toll soared past 175,000 Monday as Sri Lanka confirmed thousands more dead, while fears re-emerged over the safety of aid workers in Indonesia's shattered Aceh province.

Denmark said it had information "imminent" terror attacks were planned against aid workers in Aceh, where U.S. and other foreign troops have joined relief teams clearing rubble from the Dec. 26 disaster which killed 115,000 in that province alone.

"We have received information from sources abroad that somebody would be planning an attack today," Danish Foreign Ministry official Niels Erik Andersen told Danish radio.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well I think today is over, dont think the terrorists are too efficient.

Tommorrow is another day I suppose.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
These terror-threats must be comming from someone who´s interest is getting the aid workers out of there. Not the locals.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Its denmark, they are probably still on their "muslims are crazy and evil and they killed Van Gogh!".

They probably made the whole thing up.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual
Its denmark,

"sources abroad ", it must be the US intelligence. I wonder where they got it from?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
These terror-threats must be comming from someone who´s interest is getting the aid workers out of there. Not the locals.

Since the government there is the ones throwing the aid workers out...

And becuase of a conspiray concern none the less. The people there are having the same thoughts about the american troop pressence as many on this very board. The result, conspiracies about US earthquake weapons, rather than tsunami monitoring systems, and the ejection of aid workers rather than full government cooperation.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Where did you hear that? I´ve heard that the aid-workers have 100 percent backup from the guerilla and from the government too. Who would have interest in terrorising the aid-workers? Al-Quida? To get more sympathy from the world? Right now there are Australian troops and US troops there. And "someone" wants to target aid-workers instead, right...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Where did you hear that? I´ve heard that the aid-workers have 100 percent backup from the guerilla and from the government too.

?? The indonesian government demanded that they reveal their exit travel plans in such and such number of days or be expelled immediately?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The indonesian government demanded that they reveal their exit travel plans in such and such number of days or be expelled immediately?

I thought that applied to the troops and not to the aid-workers. Do you have any links? I heard it said on the radio by some "high-ranking" aid-worker and don´t have any links to back it up, unfortunately. Is the story that the Indo-government don´t give a damn about their own people there ("just a bounch of troublesome rebels")? Is that the truth or is it propaganda?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual
Its denmark, they are probably still on their "muslims are crazy and evil and they killed Van Gogh!".

Theo Van Gogh was Dutch, not Danish.

new topics

top topics

join