It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Brexit Panic Wipes $2T Off World Markets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:43 PM
The rich took a big hit. My annunity did good today.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:59 PM
a reply to: Snarl

hoo haa,
it is about time.
The artificially inflated balloon
has to let out some pressure.
otherwise it would pop.

We couldn't let that happen
now could we?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:09 AM
a reply to: mOjOm

That 2 Trillion wasn't attached to anything real. Like your fart in the wind, someone pulled it out of their ass at some point and now it's gone because it was never really anything to start with.

Pretty much, but not quite. Unless the companies for which the stocks are being sold fold up, there is value there. But the market value of the stock is based on the going rate at the time. If everyone sold all their stocks 2 days ago they would have obtained a certain about of cash. But the thing is, if everyone sold everything guess what happens to the price? Same thing would happen with gold, if everybody tried to sell all their gold at the same time the price would plummet.

The only people who actually lost money are those who sold. Those who did not sell lost nothing and those who are buying from those who did sell, stand to gain.

edit on 6/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:14 AM
Two ways to look at it:

If you have some cash to spend, its a rainmaker. Just start scooping up low priced stocks.

If you are like most people (you know, the ones usually getting screwed when governments and bankers play their games), its going to mean less available cash in the system, and more available space in their stomach.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:29 AM

originally posted by: Astyanax
Your economics teacher was quite right, but that doesn’t make the lost value any less real to those who lost it.

This is true. Because they are still in the game. More importantly everyone else is also in the game as well which makes any one of us leaving it on our own that much more difficult to do.

It's not that playing the game is always a bad thing either. It works very effectively for what it's designed for. The problem is that it can be manipulated and cheated so the game is rigged against some people and not others. I don't think ending the game is a good idea. But making sure it's being played correctly and within reason is a must.

Money is an imaginary concept, but it only has to be imagined for it to be real. I’m surprised more religious institutions don’t use the money analogy to show that the productions of faith have material effects on the world.

Religion does the opposite. They tell you things to believe in claiming they're real while also taking your money by telling you it's not. This world is false but their imagined one is the real one so money and things of this world are useless so you should donate it to them.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:33 AM
For some perspective:

Monday will be interesting.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:50 AM
2 trillion dollars might seem like a firecracker soon. Deutsche Bank with its 78 Trillion dollar exposure to derivatives, might face massive losses if it gambled on the wrong side of the coin. Deutsche Bank s/p fell 14% on Friday, so if it continues spiralling downwards, I'd bet insiders are deserting the sinking ship before the public becomes aware of its looses. Could turn real nasty very soon.

When I heard that the Switzerland had withdrawn their long standing application for EU membership the week before Brexit I knew something was up. So went 100% into gold miners and will remain invested until its safe to crawl out from under my bed again. Massive shorts on gold by banksters will have to be covered so expecting it to spike up again next week.
edit on 25-6-2016 by glend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>