It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Virginia Flooding--Now 20 Dead, Massive Devastation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It keeps getting worse. More bodies discovered. The lose of life now stands at 28.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

WHAT about the one where they want TO TAX us for it?
edit on 25-6-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
I had no idea that this was going on. Thank you for letting us know. My thoughts are with these people.

And that is the scary part.

All over the internet people are fighting with each over superficial nonsense, when every day, every single day, whole towns are being obliterated.

I am not talking about a home here or there. I am talking about whole towns being wiped off the map.

Where is our President? Giving speeches about building monuments, when millions of Americas are having their homes and livelihood being ripped from right under their feet.

Why is the media not giving more attention to these catastrophes; at a time when people need each other, instead of constantly pumping out the propaganda that is tearing people apart?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The Greenbrier hotel and resort has opened their doors to flood victims.

The Greenbrier Resort is opening its doors to victims devastated by flooding in West Virginia. In a statement Saturday evening, the resort said it is offering a limited number of rooms and meals to those with no place to go for as long as the resort is closed for business. Greenbrier owner and CEO Jim Justice said, "We just hope that by providing a good meal and a comfortable and safe place to spend the night that we can help ease the pain just a little to those who are suffering so much from this unbelievable disaster."

Fema is starting registration tomorrow:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Flood victims in Greenbrier, Kanawha and Nicholas counties can apply for individual disaster assistance with FEMA beginning Sunday. Application can be made either online at DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). The number will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week until further notice. Individual assisstance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses and other programs, FEMA said. The disaster declaration also includes public assistance for the three counties. Gov. Earl Tomblin is expected to seek assistance for other counties once damage assessments are completed.

Our nearby schools were hit hard, I am not sure what the city plans to do when school starts. Noway they will have this cleaned and repaired by mid August. My son starts Jr High in August and it was on of the schools in Summersville hit the hardest.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

"Roads destroyed, bridges out, homes burned down, washed off foundations," he said. "Multiple sections of highway just missing. Pavement just peeled off like a banana. I've never seen anything like that."

WOAH! Those poor people!

Perhaps its time for seaboard regions to add Florida building codes to new construction. We generally take on at least one 8"+ rain day a year, in stride.

Grow more trees.
edit on 25-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join