It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I would say that it is not a correction but a new reality to which the budget will have to be adjusted because a growing budget deficit is a certainty.
Due to deterioration of investments, postponed or even canceled, it is not difficult to see that the economy will contract as a result of reduced economic activity.
This is all due to uncertainty, for now the UK is still a part of the EU so trade is unaffected.
But the uncertainty because of the impending brexit is simply affecting the UK economy in a negative way.

The problems in the eurozone have been persistent for some years now, but it is not nearly as problematic than Greece in 2015.
Italy and Spain both have economic growth and a trade surplus, the oldest Italian bank must raise capital, but that is for Italy.
The unrest in France is due to reforms which the people do not want but it will subside when people see the necessity of it.

This is not about trying to talk down the economy, nor about what freedom cost you, freedom from what?
The Netherlands is part of EU and also within the eurozone, i do not see that as a prison.
We have a common market with common rules for a equal playingfield in which we enjoy the benefits of free trade and freedom of movement.
That is not a prison but a shared commitment among member states of the EU.
The UK does not want this and that is ok, but the brexit has consequences for the british economy.
A few years back i really thought that the EU would collapse and the euro would be blown up.
Now, after withstanding so much pressure and difficulties which the EU endured during the crisis, i'm fairly confident that the EU and the euro will be our reality for a very long time.
With better prospects since last year and onwards in terms of lower unemployment, economic growth and stability, the storm subsides and the worst is behind us.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

You can bet that the NWO banksters in Brussels will do all they can to punish the Brits for bucking their plans for global domination.

<< 13  14  15   >>

join