It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

You voted for your Presidents, did you not?

Your people continued to use financial services provided by criminally insane banking institutions, did they not?

All any of us can do is vote the way we see fit. It does not make us any different to one another intrinsically. I voted for freedom and independence. It is hardly fair of you to bemoan me mine, when you still notionally have yours.

Bad form.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Pardon me, but how many bigots asked for your sympathy?

Anyway, in the spirit of detente, I could send you some British chestnuts to roast over that fire you mentioned earlier.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

I would hope you wouldn't ask me.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Heck, UK is donating itself 6,5% commission on (my) net winnings on a Betfair market. I think I'm done more than enough. A small country could be run by BF cash. These rowdies will be very fine. They are no patsies right? It's rather time to make them suffer a bit

Euro will go down - my pockets lighter and GBP will reach a new hight with EURUSD around 1 in a month or two. What about a boycott instead?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Fair enough - roast your own nuts.

Or, was your hope related to my question about bigots?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: uncommitted

I merely said that I am a displaced son of Scotland.

I am not, nor could I be, capable of speaking for the nation.

And, you must be quite an ass.

So, run along, tosser.

So that's two people in one thread who think you are an arse. Are you Sean Connery in disguise, did you think Braveheart was a documentary?

Wow. A whole TWO people? I mean...TWO? Really?

You really do have a point. If two people in a given forum think I am an arse...then, I must certainly be!

Toss off, wanker....

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Quality Street chocolates

Maynards Wine Gums

Johnnie Walker

Gilbey's London Dry Gin

Beefeater

Harris Tweed jacket

Morgan, Ariel Atom, Triumph

Coronation Street (ad revenues)

Jimmy Savile Dart Board

Wedgewood, Royal Doulton

Trip to the UK

There's no end of it. It becomes apparent that it would be completely possible to live in Britain, shocking as that might seem.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

Ok...I see how it works, people mean the opposite of what they say.

You...you're right, I voted out of xenophobia.

No matter what you say...you're wrong, so I'm a xenophobe.

Good call...the only people I'mpissed off at right now are my fellow Scots, who are...quite frankly - spineless!

Live with it, or leave - those are the two choices. Talking about how 'foreign people' told the story, your words, not mine. But remember, because other people don't agree with you doesn't make them spineless, just makes it clear how you measure yourself.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I guess you are too stupid to understand.
The post you originally criticised was actually sticking up for Scotland.
The second post was a refutation of your allegation that I lied.

No, just calling you out for talking sh!te. Sorry, I know you don't like that but then again I'm not too sorry. The majority in Scotland who voted did so to remain. Those that didn't vote - well, I don't know their circumstances anymore than you do. Sorry if you think I'm stupid for pointing out your ignorance, but not really that sorry.
edit on 25-6-2016 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Your people continued to use financial services provided by criminally insane banking institutions, did they not?

All any of us can do is vote the way we see fit. It does not make us any different to one another intrinsically. I voted for freedom and independence. It is hardly fair of you to bemoan me mine, when you still notionally have yours.

Bad form.

Piss off about freedom. This wasn't about freedom it was about being part of a trading partnership. Lose the feeling of fighting for freedom, that's just a pathetic attempt at a joke.

This is all done now, I hope you will still feel smug in a few years time.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I merely said that I am a displaced son of Scotland.

I am not, nor could I be, capable of speaking for the nation.

And, you must be quite an ass.

So, run along, tosser.

So that's two people in one thread who think you are an arse. Are you Sean Connery in disguise, did you think Braveheart was a documentary?

Wow. A whole TWO people? I mean...TWO? Really?

You really do have a point. If two people in a given forum think I am an arse...then, I must certainly be!

Toss off, wanker....

Yeah, clever. I'm sure if you ever meet her your mother would be proud. So, you don't live in the UK, you didn't have a vote to actually apply but you have an opinion which you consider of any importance? Oh dear.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Smug?

I am mad as hell that we ever ended up in this situation in the first bloody place!

As for freedom, on the day I stop being pro-freedom, on the day I stop prefering to carry my own weight as a member of society, rather than having things chosen in my name that I disagree with on principle, on the day I would rather be lied to and powerless to affect change, rather than be informed and capable of effecting the outcomes with which future generations of British citizens will have to deal, then that will be the day I die.

I have some time in me yet, so I would advise that you become comfortable, if you were intending to wait around for that day to come.
edit on 25-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Quality Street chocolates

Maynards Wine Gums

Johnnie Walker

Gilbey's London Dry Gin

Beefeater

Harris Tweed jacket

Morgan, Ariel Atom, Triumph

Coronation Street (ad revenues)

Jimmy Savile Dart Board

Wedgewood, Royal Doulton

Trip to the UK

There's no end of it. It becomes apparent that it would be completely possible to live in Britain, shocking as that might seem.

Quality Streets are part of the Nestle brand, Swiss.

Royal Doulton and Wedgewood, now owned by Fiskars Corporation, Finnish.

Jimmy Savile? Are you kidding?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Smug?

I am mad as hell that we ever ended up in this situation in the first bloody place!

As for freedom, on the day I stop being pro-freedom, on the day I stop prefering to carry my own weight as a member of society, rather than having things chosen in my name that I disagree with on principle, on the day I would rather be lied to and powerless to affect change, rather than be informed and capable of effecting the outcomes with which future generations of British citizens will have to deal, then that will be the day I die.

I have some time in me yet, so I would advise that you become comfortable, if you were intending to wait around for that day to come.

Wow, you almost sound like Boris. I would salute you but why bother. You didn't make a vote for me or anyone I know, but I will live with the consequence. That's it, done. Next time you post a Churchill impersonation I'll pass the thread by - you speak for you, not me, not Britain, stop acting like you do - that will do us all a favour.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

On I hope a lighter note - this is when being out is a good thing, look for the picture at the bottom of the page.........

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Bad form.

This wasn't about freedom it was about being part of a trading partnership.

But it didn't stay a trading partnership.

If that's all it was we never would have left!

edit on 25-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
England makes wonderful shoes ! My Mom bought me a pair years ago and I still love them !

www.hotter.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

This Gin is :-)

Plymouth Gin

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I cannot speak for Britain, only for myself.

Because I love my country, respect my ancestors and the rights they fought to afford me, I will use them in best defence of those rights, and my fellow man. It is not for you, or anyone else to insist that I use them differently, simply because the ways I do it are not to your liking. This is freedom. I can see that you are not enjoying it much, but it is what it is.

You can see me as the rough or the smooth, but you cannot change me without my permission, and the weak arguments you have put forward so far are not changing my mind at all about the direction I voted to go in.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Foreign people never told any story, it was quite clear.

Even after having been shown how petty and incorrect you are, and being shown why this stupidity you continue to pursue is largely why you failed...you're still going at it.

I stand by my assessment - you're a complete idiot.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join