It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: seentoomuch

Good luck. There's a ton of places up and down the country that could fit the bill. You have a lot of homework ahead of you!

Also, don't forget that more Scots voted leave or abstained than voted remain, they aren't all Euro fascists.

I live nearby and love nh racing so I enjoy it immensely, but if you aren't into your horses it can get a bit annoying.

Remain in Scotland was 62% - will the lies ever stop - no need to keep up the pretence anymore, no need for the lies to convince the gullible, it's done.

Dial back the rhetoric and I'll gladly explain.

There were 3987112 people eligible to vote on this referendum in Scotland.
1661191 voted to remain.
1018332 voted to leave
1307589 Abstained.

A total of 2325821 either wanted to leave or did not want to vote remain.

Source
www.bbc.co.uk...

So, not lies, just your lack of knowledge on the subject. A recurring theme with remainers.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: SprocketUK

Let's not forget the Cotswolds hey...visit the Cotswolds....typically British chocolate box villages

Rainbows
Jane

Totally, and Cheltenham is the ideal base for that.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Don't they still make a fine bicycle and cutlery?

Import page 3! Restore international right to see hot chested Brit and English chicks!

Support GB teams on US TV

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Thanks you America its always nice to know that we can rely on you through thick and thin. What a splendid idea. We can buy something produced in your place to. Got my zippo and a load of elgin pocket watches already

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: druid1
Thanks you America its always nice to know that we can rely on you through thick and thin. What a splendid idea. We can buy something produced in your place to. Got my zippo and a load of elgin pocket watches already

Zippos are the best lighters ever made. A real classic.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

That's a hell of a great gesture and, as a Brit, I'm grateful for all the support you folks are showing us.
Thanks.
And this was announced on independence day...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

4000 jobs to be created. Real jobs, not bull# zero hours ones. What great news.

Piss off about independence day. Victory for the stupid sounds quite good though.

Anyway, even though over 100,000 people had petitioned for a re-vote by mid day yesterday, we are stuck with it now.................... I hope you can tell your grand kids in 3 years time how proud you were to have voted how you did - not like they will have anything else to do apart from listening to you wittering on.

Awwwww democracy doesn't mean everyone agreeing with you, you know. Suck it up cup cake.

You may feel butt hurt, the majority of Brits are looking forward with optimism.

And if I have grandkids in 3 years there is gonna be trouble in my house.

Got another night of partying ahead with people who also love the fact we freed ourselves from the EU

The majority of at least 2 parts of the UK are actively looking at what escape clauses they have, twatcake. This is something we will regret for a long time, but those that don't like 'foreigners coming over here taking our jobs' when they actually can't be arsed to get a job themselves are all feeling very rosy at the moment..... I hope that doesn't last.

I now understand how solprotocol and others felt when Scotland voted by a similar margin to stay in the UK - at least now they have a legitimate reason for another vote - we won't.

Sorry, but I don't think that's a fair comment at all.

I feel rosey, I also work full time.

Not only that, I work with folks of all nationalities and have done for years.

There were a lot of very surprised and quite cheery people at work, yesterday.

There were a few foreign folks who were a bit worried but it seems to have subsided because they have realised that nobody wants to kick them out. It was never about that.

On the flip side, I know quite a few people, many of them eastern European, who were openly in favour of the Brexit.

Nobody i know voted out of xenophobia...even the foreign people who have settled here can see that. It's not just our futures the EU will impact, it will impact on theirs too...they live in Britain.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Come to think of it could do with a new holster for my old .455 webley .
Any shops over there that do quality leatherwork ?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I merely said that I am a displaced son of Scotland.

I am not, nor could I be, capable of speaking for the nation.

And, you must be quite an ass.

So, run along, tosser.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: aorAki
a reply to: nullafides

Riiight...in opposition to the majority of Scots.

You know what?

With the exception of Derrik W. Dick, and the rest of the lads from Marillion....

I say nuke the bastards if they have a problem with it!!!!!!!

I'll let that comment stand for itself, you arse. Easy words that are cheap for stars, but no sense of anything cognisant to the actual citizens of Scotland.

Awww...diddums....

Did you spit out your dummy?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: druid1

Yeah it's nice to do the favour back to the Yanks. Love their products, latest I got from them is this tin opener. Totally mint, called EZ-DUZ-IT and made like nothing else on the market, the only tin opener that really works time and time again in a world a crap from China. and elsewhere. madeinusaforever.com... Made in USA

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Great idea

Im sure the UK will survuve.

Far as freedom goes we paid a bargin price as freedom is normally paid in rivers of blood.

But this would send a clear message from the USA to the globalists and political classes.

edit on 25-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a reply to: seentoomuch

Good luck. There's a ton of places up and down the country that could fit the bill. You have a lot of homework ahead of you!

Also, don't forget that more Scots voted leave or abstained than voted remain, they aren't all Euro fascists.

I live nearby and love nh racing so I enjoy it immensely, but if you aren't into your horses it can get a bit annoying.

Remain in Scotland was 62% - will the lies ever stop - no need to keep up the pretence anymore, no need for the lies to convince the gullible, it's done.

Dial back the rhetoric and I'll gladly explain.

There were 3987112 people eligible to vote on this referendum in Scotland.
1661191 voted to remain.
1018332 voted to leave
1307589 Abstained.

A total of 2325821 either wanted to leave or did not want to vote remain.

Source
www.bbc.co.uk...

So, not lies, just your lack of knowledge on the subject. A recurring theme with remainers.

Abstaining means for whatever reasons the person didn't/couldn't get to the ballot box. That means their actual intention if they did/could vote is unknown. Are you Nigel in disguise? I'm sorry, I'm neither stupid nor gullible to trying to make 'facts' up doesn't work with me. All you can go on is votes cast which shows the majority in Scotland voted to Remain.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: SprocketUK

Let's not forget the Cotswolds hey...visit the Cotswolds....typically British chocolate box villages

Rainbows
Jane

Totally, and Cheltenham is the ideal base for that.

Dublin or anywhere in Southern Ireland is better. On the coast there are lovely villages and no need to see unemployed English people sneering at you for being foreign. Benefit of Dublin is you can go to the Porterhouse bar and buy very nice stout that doesn't begin with a G.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

I merely said that I am a displaced son of Scotland.

I am not, nor could I be, capable of speaking for the nation.

And, you must be quite an ass.

So, run along, tosser.

So that's two people in one thread who think you are an arse. Are you Sean Connery in disguise, did you think Braveheart was a documentary?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

That's a hell of a great gesture and, as a Brit, I'm grateful for all the support you folks are showing us.
Thanks.
And this was announced on independence day...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

4000 jobs to be created. Real jobs, not bull# zero hours ones. What great news.

Piss off about independence day. Victory for the stupid sounds quite good though.

Anyway, even though over 100,000 people had petitioned for a re-vote by mid day yesterday, we are stuck with it now.................... I hope you can tell your grand kids in 3 years time how proud you were to have voted how you did - not like they will have anything else to do apart from listening to you wittering on.

Awwwww democracy doesn't mean everyone agreeing with you, you know. Suck it up cup cake.

You may feel butt hurt, the majority of Brits are looking forward with optimism.

And if I have grandkids in 3 years there is gonna be trouble in my house.

Got another night of partying ahead with people who also love the fact we freed ourselves from the EU

The majority of at least 2 parts of the UK are actively looking at what escape clauses they have, twatcake. This is something we will regret for a long time, but those that don't like 'foreigners coming over here taking our jobs' when they actually can't be arsed to get a job themselves are all feeling very rosy at the moment..... I hope that doesn't last.

I now understand how solprotocol and others felt when Scotland voted by a similar margin to stay in the UK - at least now they have a legitimate reason for another vote - we won't.

Sorry, but I don't think that's a fair comment at all.

I feel rosey, I also work full time.

Not only that, I work with folks of all nationalities and have done for years.

There were a lot of very surprised and quite cheery people at work, yesterday.

There were a few foreign folks who were a bit worried but it seems to have subsided because they have realised that nobody wants to kick them out. It was never about that.

On the flip side, I know quite a few people, many of them eastern European, who were openly in favour of the Brexit.

Nobody i know voted out of xenophobia...even the foreign people who have settled here can see that. It's not just our futures the EU will impact, it will impact on theirs too...they live in Britain.

The response wasn't about you, my responses on here aren't actually about me. You may feel rosy, why shouldn't you, you have a job - so do I. I know a lot of people who work at Toyota and Bombardier to name but two companies where long term commitment to the UK is now not as certain as it was. Things may well become a lot less rosy for them.

BTW, a quote saying "Nobody i know voted out of xenophobia...even the foreign people................." kind of smells of xenophobia - it's a condition you don't actually know you have, that's how it works.

Anyway, it's done c'est la vie.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Ok...I see how it works, people mean the opposite of what they say.

You...you're right, I voted out of xenophobia.

No matter what you say...you're wrong, so I'm a xenophobe.

Good call...the only people I'mpissed off at right now are my fellow Scots, who are...quite frankly - spineless!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

And just to add...your response didn't seem to be about anyone in particular, you didn't address or direct it at any one person in particular.

you made a blanket statement, maybe you should word your idiocy better in future lest you get all pissy when someone responds in a way that doesn't quite sparkle with your precious sensibilities.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I stop into the Mark's and Spencer's store we have here and buy jams, sometimes.

The stuff they have, clothing and a little grocery section are expensive, tho.

They had some nice linen hawaiian print shirts for $499hkd, about $64.00 us.

I looked like Bruce Campbell in Burn Notice with the one I liked so I didn't buy it.

I don't think we have a Harrods here.

edit on 6 25 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Guy, that's a reason TO buy a thing, not a reason not to!

Bruce is badass!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I just wanted to quote exactly what I said to show how it was completely twisted to suit this persons agenda.

I'm going to play you at your own game, here...let's see how you like it.

Seems to me you're the xenophobe - since you're apparently fixated on the issue. You know them folk who bang on about how they hate homosexuals...like the orlando shooter, it's a decoy.

They do it to distract not only other folk, but themselves...of who and what they really are. Denial.

Seems to me you're the xenophobe here, you even took something that I said and extracted a choice, selective portion of it to paint me in an unfavourable light. this is the very twisted attitude that drove many people to vote leave...because the vile, hateful rhetoric from the remain idiots was pissing them off.

The only people who damaged remains chances were clowns like you, with your petty mudslinging, and here you are blaming all else like you're some knight in shining armour...a crusader who is fighting for truth and justice, or something. When actually you're the modern day equivalent of the likes of Mr Hitler, misquoting people and basing your wild accusations, which you probably firmly believe in your silly little head. the truth is you couldn't be a better agent for the leavers if you tried...stop blaming the people who won the vote...it's your own fault, you're more to blame than anyone - you idiots making your absurdly wild accusations based on your inability to read what's presented before you.

I don't often deal in absolutes, but I'm going to with you - you're an outright idiot.

Shame on you...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join