It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

You may feel butt hurt, the majority of Brits are looking forward with optimism.

What?

52% (that's generous) of 75% of the vote?

That's hardly a majority you codswallop.

Stop spreading lies, dickhead *(robust British insult)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Name calling now because you disagree with the result?.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

and because of the lies...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Lies came from both sides from Cameron he would get us a better deal and cut immigration down.....
The people have spoken lets get on with sorting out the future or just continuing wallowing in defeat.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

I hear ya, and don't blame ya, either.

We're not all remain but yeah, they ain't painting us in a very good light right now. I'm honestly toying with the notion of moving down south myself.

If they have another indy ref and win...which I doubt they will, I will most likely make my move.
edit on 25-6-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Lies came from both sides from Cameron he would get us a better deal and cut immigration down.....
The people have spoken lets get on with sorting out the future or just continuing wallowing in defeat.

Cameron took a gamble and signed off on as referendum that was not needed as the public weren't crying out for one, but it bit him badly...for that,I am glad the pig-lover was beaten, but there are so many reasons that were greater than that for the U.K. to remain. however, all the intelligent, educated Brits I know are in mourning. This is a sad day. Ignorance and fear won.

Oh, I'm a globalist, by the way. It is a pragmatic view in New Zealand.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Yeah, it is disheartening for Scotland to be so against Britain making their own laws again without the over laws from the EU. It doesn't make sense, does it? I've always compared Scotland to Texas in attitude but this latest result doesn't reflect that. I guess they're worried about losing money initially but then they're selling themselves short. They don't see that they have the strength to compete and show the world their wonderful culture. Uhhh, I see, it was the fear of the unknown for them. It's been a long time I guess.

STM

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

You may feel butt hurt, the majority of Brits are looking forward with optimism.

What?

52% (that's generous) of 75% of the vote?

That's hardly a majority you codswallop.

Stop spreading lies, dickhead *(robust British insult)

Haha maybe now our schoolkids don't have to waste time with pro eu propoganda they can concentrate on maths and won't look as dumb as people who think 52% of any sample isn't a majority.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Cheltenham is lovely with good rail and road links and also some great local shops.
Handy for a ton of small towns etc.

Try and avoid race week unless you want a big crowd everywhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

So you are not even here and have never lived under the EU and have the gall to say the leave voters are uneducated....
The people voted out now we get on with it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I would but I didn't know xenophobia was on sale.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Thanks! I've added it to my list. I'll look up the area. And yeah, I'll definitely avoid race week, we have one here in Austin and it is mayhem! The prices quadruple on everything and it is crazy crowded everywhere. Thanks for the tip!

STM

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Good luck. There's a ton of places up and down the country that could fit the bill. You have a lot of homework ahead of you!

Also, don't forget that more Scots voted leave or abstained than voted remain, they aren't all Euro fascists.

I live nearby and love nh racing so I enjoy it immensely, but if you aren't into your horses it can get a bit annoying.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Wonderful! Will be making good and GREAT use of this website. Thank you for posting the link.....shared with all my business friends

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

That's a hell of a great gesture and, as a Brit, I'm grateful for all the support you folks are showing us.
Thanks.
And this was announced on independence day...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

4000 jobs to be created. Real jobs, not bull# zero hours ones. What great news.

Piss off about independence day. Victory for the stupid sounds quite good though.

Anyway, even though over 100,000 people had petitioned for a re-vote by mid day yesterday, we are stuck with it now.................... I hope you can tell your grand kids in 3 years time how proud you were to have voted how you did - not like they will have anything else to do apart from listening to you wittering on.

Awwwww democracy doesn't mean everyone agreeing with you, you know. Suck it up cup cake.

And if I have grandkids in 3 years there is gonna be trouble in my house.

Got another night of partying ahead with people who also love the fact we freed ourselves from the EU

The majority of at least 2 parts of the UK are actively looking at what escape clauses they have, twatcake. This is something we will regret for a long time, but those that don't like 'foreigners coming over here taking our jobs' when they actually can't be arsed to get a job themselves are all feeling very rosy at the moment..... I hope that doesn't last.

I now understand how solprotocol and others felt when Scotland voted by a similar margin to stay in the UK - at least now they have a legitimate reason for another vote - we won't.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Thanks! I'm thinking of renting a house close to a town with good train access, good markets and then exploring on day trips via train.
STM

Rome is quite nice, cheaper too.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

That's a bloody lovely thing to do.

While some may doubt that our motivations are pure or sound of moral, I can only say my reasons for voting out have exclusively to do with how I want to be governed, and by whom. I want my nations people to be its masters, its citizens its only deciding voters, the mass of humans living on these isles to choose their path for themselves, and for that chain of will to be unbroken all the way to the despatch box.

I appreciate greatly that you and others in this thread are prepared to support us in our choice to remain our own masters, as opposed to slaves to a superstate that we cannot control. Bless the lot of you!

For freedom! For the people! No master but their own will! RULE BRITANNIA!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
a reply to: samerulesapply

Yeah, it is disheartening for Scotland to be so against Britain making their own laws again without the over laws from the EU. It doesn't make sense, does it? I've always compared Scotland to Texas in attitude but this latest result doesn't reflect that. I guess they're worried about losing money initially but then they're selling themselves short. They don't see that they have the strength to compete and show the world their wonderful culture. Uhhh, I see, it was the fear of the unknown for them. It's been a long time I guess.

STM

No, people really aren't getting it. The people who voted to leave are like let's say Texas wanting to secede, barring anyone else living or working in Texas, but expecting every state to treat them as if they hadn't seceded. Foolish, stupid, brainwashed by a bunch of bigoted idiots and a clown.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Good luck. There's a ton of places up and down the country that could fit the bill. You have a lot of homework ahead of you!

Also, don't forget that more Scots voted leave or abstained than voted remain, they aren't all Euro fascists.

I live nearby and love nh racing so I enjoy it immensely, but if you aren't into your horses it can get a bit annoying.

Remain in Scotland was 62% - will the lies ever stop - no need to keep up the pretence anymore, no need for the lies to convince the gullible, it's done.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Let's not forget the Cotswolds hey...visit the Cotswolds....typically British chocolate box villages

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join