It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Unless, of course, you are insinuating the claims I made to be inacurrate...you're basically calling me a liar based on...just because.

So let's think about this...essentially, what you are saying is that if a foreign person in the UK says to me that they think we should sieze the opportunity to leave the EU, that because I repeat that, that I'm a xenophobe.

you conveniently missed out the parts where I clearly stated that the foreign peolpe who are currently here as as affected by the EU as the natives...and that they too have a right to their opinion.

Which they do..there are people all over europe who not only supported brexit..but who want to follow suit.

I suppose making that claim also makes me a xenophobe...and you a bastion of truth and justice?

One only has to read this thread to see how you have twisted and contorted various things said by others members to come to the simple conclusion that you are seriously warped in your logic.

And just to add - I like how you're telling me to live with it or leave, you would appear to be the one who can't live with the outcome. You're a liar and piss poor loser to boot.

Why don't you leave? You got overruled, thrashed, trounced and beat.

Deal with it.
edit on 25-6-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yeah, as I thought.

You didn't understand what I wrote.
Never mind. You enjoy your warm cosy ignorance.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I support this. But I lack a concise list of UK made products to keep an eye out for. Come to think of it I lack one for US made products as well. I think "we" still make many of the liquid chemical products common on store shelves...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

What can I, an average American Joe, do for our friends across the pond that have seen the light and rejected globalism?

Speak for yourself, I have no sympathy for the British Empire.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BLee8127

I have no sympathy for any "empire".

I do have sympathy for the people who may suffer as a result of asserting their sovereignty.

Which is something that (don't look now!) we Americans can take a cue from.

America looking to Britain for inspiration of liberty. Shakespeare himself couldn't even write this stuff.

And my, how far America has fallen. Our shining city on a hill is now... Manchester?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I dunno, Tom Paine was a Brit.
He had a lot to say about the American model of democracy. You guys looked after him when our crooked government would have jailed him.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I bought a few of these recently. Since the price of precious metals are going up, now might be a good time to buy!
Silver Britannia

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I live in Europe and regularly buy from Amazon UK for years. English pullovers – best in the world. English pet supplies – perfect. The small merchandisers are so kind people, always ready to help or easy to return to their shops. Arrive always on time, better than any other in EU. Now what happens with our right in Europe to buy from the UK Amazon and the similar? Seems we better buy from Germany and France from now on, ah? How about the other English online stores – it was cheaper to buy from them online than to buy in my local store. What happens with the prices now? I’m afraid I can buy something once, twice…. Then what? Or maybe a big part of the British merchandising will chose to move to Scotland and Ireland after they manage their EU membership, or even leave the UK? Doesn’t sound good to me, not at all, not a solution.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My one (or two or three) major extravagance is that I buy handmade shoes from England.

Will continue to do so, and perhaps start doing some shopping online for other things now.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply
a reply to: uncommitted

Foreign people never told any story, it was quite clear.

Even after having been shown how petty and incorrect you are, and being shown why this stupidity you continue to pursue is largely why you failed...you're still going at it.

I stand by my assessment - you're a complete idiot.

That's all right the feeling I assure you is totally mutual. Hope the foreign people as you call them are all ok.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Indeed.

Perhaps it is best, rather than bemoaning one or another nations ills, that we agree as citizens of free nations, and being free people with rights and liberty, to promise one another to learn from the mistakes that both our nations governments often make, and the mistakes their people make in blind obedience to the government of either one.

That is how real progress ought to be made. In the minds of people first, and parliaments second.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

How many posts does it take you to respond? Really?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BLee8127

What can I, an average American Joe, do for our friends across the pond that have seen the light and rejected globalism?

I agree, empire building is so passe - tell me again exactly what the little conflict in Vietnam was all about?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Yeah, as I thought.

You didn't understand what I wrote.
Never mind. You enjoy your warm cosy ignorance.

All said, all done. What I would say is that it's happened, that's that. Not the same as Nigel Farage (as in garage) said which is that a very tight win of two or three percent for remain should trigger a re-vote, it's now done and for good or bad we live with it. That's truly that.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Excellent idea OP!
The globalists and bank of EU are going to try and devalue the pound as much as possible to bring them back into the fold.
The people can help fight back with their dollars.

Here are some companies and products I found to have ties to the UK.
Virgin Records
Reebok
Kit-Kat and Twix candy bars
Lipton
Earl Grey
Aquafresh
British pretroleum(may be hard for some to support still)
Skittles
Cadbury
Beefeater
Tropicana
Yeo Valley organic
Prudential
Durex(Thank you UK!)
Safeway
Hoover
Sunpride
Flora
Mini

For the filthy rich
Jaguar
Land Rover
Lotus
McLaren
SOURCE

Our brothers and sisters across the pond need assistance. They will have an economic war waged upon them for this, and they are after all the closest thing Americans can consider to a parent culture. They left the EU for the same principles my ancestors left the UK in the first place. It behoves me as an American to support them through this because the same beliefs and principles guide us. Funny how things come full circle with enough time.

*Slow standing clap*

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
is tea from India still considered British?

We're not sending you any more tea. Last time you just chucked it overboard and look how that all ended...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Steve McQueen always wore Barbour Motor Cycle Gear when he was raceing

Barbour is a great British brand.

www.barbour.com...

www.stylishchap.com...

And McQueen rode Triumph Motorbikes which are still made.

www.triumph-motorcycles.ca...

edit on 25-6-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

It is what I said it is.

When the chickens come home to roost for the bigots of Britain, do not ask for sympathy.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

As an American born and raised minority, I refuse to stand with people who vote out of bigotry and xenophobia.

They ones who voted to exit are not brothers to me. They are ones that would slur me for being non white

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

I wouldn't ask you to spit on me if I was on fire.

And when the chickens come home to roost I will make omelettes with their eggs. Yum.

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join