It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former UN President awaiting corruption trial dies at home when barbell crushes his neck.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Former UN General Assembly president John Ashe who was awaiting trial in $1million corruption scandal died in weightlifting accident after barbell dropped on his neck .

A former U.N. General Assembly president who was awaiting trial in a $1million bribery scandal died in a weightlifting accident when a barbell he was lifting from a bench dropped on his neck, an autopsy revealed.

John Ashe was declared dead at his home on Wednesday afternoon by a paramedic who responded to his home in Dobbs Ferry, New York. He was 61.

Dr. Kunjlata Ashar, Westchester County's medical examiner, said the cause of death - traumatic asphyxia - was determined during an autopsy.

However, she did not perform the procedure herself and did not have additional details.

Prosecutors said a billionaire Chinese businessman and others had funneled over $1 million to Ashe while he served as president of the 193-nation assembly from September 2013 to September 2014.

At the time of his death, Ashe had only been charged with tax fraud in connection with the bribes, amid questions about whether diplomatic immunity might preclude any bribery charges.

Sounds like a brutal way to go.

RIP.

Sure, it could have been a legitimate accident but dont believe its too common.

The timing is a little curious though, then again, the charges didnt seem that serious.

And there was a question as to whether or not he may have had diplomatic immunity.

One has to wonder if there isnt more to this story.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, there he is in the photo with Hillary, so can we add his name to the official unofficial Clinton death list?

I would bet he was suicided...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would put $20 on it was an accident done on purpose...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I want to see the autopsy report!

Money says there are other things on it other than just death by barbell.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Well, there he is in the photo with Hillary, so can we add his name to the official unofficial Clinton death list?

I would bet he was suicided...

That's a stretch lol. On a more serious note, I wonder if Hillary has bar bells?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sounds like agent 47 paid him a visit and got a little creative

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Speculative Scenario #1...

In the course of their investigation the FBI finds some evidence linking Ashe to the Clinton email scandal. Not a complete trail, but a few scattered crumbs that could be showing the way. They decide to approach Ashe and possibly get him to open up. Some statements are made that could be construed to mean that his tax evasion problems can go away with a little cooperation. The Clintons have eyes and ears everywhere, and , not leaving anything to chance.....

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

And so it begins...or in this case so it continues.

Arkancide stikes in the strangest ways.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Boy they aren't even trying anymore. It's like they're acting out scripts from some cheap television drama. I mean honestly, at least put in some effort.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The professional hitmen sure do come up with clever ways for people to commit suicide don't they.

Possibly another friend of the Clintons.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I read about this yesterday or the day before (probably yesterday as I don't know if it was reported on Wednesday unless it was late) and I could swear the article stated he died from a heart attack. I don't recall where I read it.

Edited to Add: I remember thinking, "Yeah, a CIA heart attack."
edit on 24-6-2016 by tweetie because: added commentary

Also Edited to Add:

Yes, there's a ton of links stating he died of a heart attack or massive heart attack. Here's one but not where I originally saw it:

Huff Post
edit on 24-6-2016 by tweetie because: added a link

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Murder, by lifestyle. Seems to be how it works these days.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
UN official dies after barbell falls on his neck

The current General Assembly president, Mogens Lykketoft, had said earlier that Ashe died of a heart attack.

It was the second death this week of a defendant facing charges from the Manhattan US attorney. Hedge-fund manager Sanjay Valvani killed himself Monday, a week after he was arrested on insider-trading charges

Wall Street hedge fund manager slashed his throat with a kitchen knife

Didn't Columbo solve this case in 1974 ? check his shoe laces.

edit on 24-6-2016 by Tellurian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tellurian

The guy was 61 years old and looked in pretty good shape it appears, but with the coin he was pulling down from the position he was in, he would have had a spotter. I wonder if he was CIA sleeper though, things get a little tight for ole Clintonista, maybe it's time to start tying up lose ends. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how many more people in high places get suicided, er I mean die of natural causes and accidents.

I wonder how many of those bankers a year or two ago had the misfortune of dealing with Hillary?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/24.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
His spotter mustve forgot to use napkin after eating fried chicken killary sent them for lunch , the chicken grease on his hands caused the barbell to slip out of his hands .
The moral is : always remember to wash your hands or dont eat kfc before lifting weights .

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Maybe my tinfoil is a layer to deep, but doesn't it seem that these highly unlikely causes of death happen at a higher rate to individuals that hold/held influential positions in politics/banking than they stastically should?

Who knows what's really going on... But I for one taste a hint of nefariousness in my chowder.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The timing is a little curious though, then again, the charges didnt seem that serious.

Taking a million dollars in bribes, as President of the U.N. is "not that serious"????

Are you kidding me? It's disgusting. He should be going to prison.

Sorry he's dead, that's terrible, but honestly? He was a crook.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

Yes, there's a ton of links stating he died of a heart attack or massive heart attack.

Makes it interesting, for sure.

Says he was in plea talks ( so he was going to plead guilty )
and that there are seven others charged.

Ashe’s death marked a surprising turn in the corruption investigation, in which seven people have been charged to date. He had been in plea talks as recently as last month as prosecutors considered further charges.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
That's a really freak accident. You don't lift the barbells at the height of your neck, you do it over your chest. So if it fell, most likely it should have fallen on his chest. And if you're lifting alone you don't want to lift more than you're able. And if you do want to push it, you leave the sides free so you can tip it one way if you get stuck, let the weights slip off then it'll drop to the other side.

Really really freak accident to land on his neck. An older person like that should have enough experience to not let that happen.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Other than that picture what is his connection to HIllary? I mean other than being a Politician?

I'm going to go see what I can figure out...

ETA:
Well that was easy

I don't know how reputable this source is honestly but it s a very interesting read.

he was going to testify against the Clintons
edit on 6-25-2016 by Squirlli because: add link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join