It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A space cloud responsible for Great Flood, Firmament & Atlantis?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hey ATS'ers,

This is my own theory about how the world may have gotten the way it is and why we have the stories we have. Enjoy.

Transcript of the video:

I believe I can explain many pre-historic scenarios using 1 event. These scenarios would include the Great Flood, The Firmament, Atlantis, and Human migration into the America’s. And it uses an event that is very much possible and has been observed.
I’ll set the ground work for each scenario. I am pretty sure the Great Flood did happen. While it is popularized as a Christian story in English speaking countries, the Great Flood transcends almost every single culture around the world. So I don’t doubt it happened. But the main issue is where did the water come from? Most of theories I have seen require bending the rules of the observable reality that we live in.
Next is the Firmament. The firmament is something in the book of Genesis that talks about a body of water surrounding the Earth. There is also some interpretation that while the firmament was in place it did not rain much if at all on Earth. After the flood the firmament is gone and today we get lots of rain.
Atlantis is a fabled city written about by Plato in the 300BC time frame. It’s really a tale about an advanced civilization that existed at one time, but vanished at some point. The idea I like about this, is is it possible that humans were more advanced that we thought and something reset us…akin to the saying “send us back to the stone age”. I do not think this is baseless idea, because even today in our current world we have humans that have gone to Moon and sent probes into space, yet there are humans on this planet that still are in the foraging phase. There are humans that have created nuclear bombs and nuclear power, yet there are humans that do not even have the concept of numbers. So the idea of an advanced race, just depends on the perspective of the person using the word advanced.
And finally my last topic is that of humans getting to the Americas. It is believed that humans started in the middle east somewhere around Mesopotamia which is in modern day Iraq. The narrative I was taught as a child was the humans crossed from Russia to North America over a land bridge made of ice during an Ice Age. But there is some disagreement about the earliest humans in the America’s versus when Ice Ages happened. I think this land bridge route is still valid, but I do not require an ice age to cross it.
So lets start with the idea that the world we observe today is the same as the way the world was in pre-historic times. The physics and all the other rules are still the same. The water cycle still holds true. So we can assume that amount of the water on the planet today is the amount of water that was on the planet after the Great Flood. And we can assume that if we do not see a sphere of water surrounding the Earth now, there probably wasn’t one in the past. So that would mean the only way that all this water could be here now, is if it wasn’t here to begin with.
With less water that would mean that there could have easily been a real land bridge between Alaska and Russia. They did not have to cross during an ice age. The bridge would have accessible at all times. The Bering Strait is only about 160 feet deep.
If we lowered the Earths oceans by 160 feet, that means that much more land would be available throughout the world. For as long as history has been written, water passages have always been the most important places for humans to live. Even today we see that on the coasts there are metropolitan areas, while deep in the inland the people are much less advanced in terms of quality of life. That has changed in the last 100 years due to motor travel. But up until that point living on the coast or a river was the only way to have successful trade or strategic military advantage.

So here is the idea. Back in 2011 I saw this article about how scientists had discovered a massive cloud of water deep in space. What if as one point one of these clouds passed through our solar system? It would probably take while to get here maybe a couple hundred years. But during that time a couple hundred years 6-7 generations word of mouth was the only real way to pass history. So for them 2 or 3 generations is all it would take to be “forever”. During that time the Suns reflection and heat in the atmosphere would make it appear to be sparkling water in the sky, which could explain the firmament. Once the cloud got near Earth and we started passing through it, the frozen water would melt in the atmosphere and completely saturate the air, it would then start raining. And it would not be localized like what we see now, it would be entire Earth being rained on for an extended period of time. All that water would rush out to the ocean and anything near rivers or oceans, like a human population for example, would be washed out to sea and buried by all the sediments picked up from higher elevation. Think of the world as one big mud slide. The people living in the higher elevations would not be as threatened by the flooding. And so the more advanced civilization would be destroyed and only the more simple societies in the highlands would be left, hence a reset. Once this space cloud passed, things would settle down and Earth would have a lot more water content.

I’m not a scientist and there are many if and or buts associated with this idea, but I think it makes sense. And I think it helps explain why there are stories from the ancient times that seem to persist across cultures who never had any interaction. The explanations they have may not be agreed upon, but there was probably a basis for the story.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Not bad ... a point for original thinking, and possible, I guess.

I've always supposed that if the common flood stories were "true" than a series of large meteorites coming in from Alaska over N America and hitting the Eastern coast and Atlantic (and maybe even Indian Ocean) made some sense... the ice sheets up North would be partially hit, and melted, tsunamis would hit West and East American coasts and depending on the debris field, perhaps cause flooding of Africa, Europe and parts of Asia, too, from impacts, followed by the 200 ' rise of sea levels from the Glaciers suddenly melting.

The evidence for a large meteorite strike(s) around 12,000 yrs bp is pretty solid, and it's N American location would help explain the lost mega-fauna and signs of the great fires across the South West U.S. at that time.

And the Ice Ages might even have been spurred on by previous strikes that threw dust into the air, causing a "nuclear winter."

My bet is that we have been pummeled more than we think... but I'm a pessimist and a careless prognosticator.
edit on 6/24/2016 by Baddogma because: typo fixo

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: westrock2000

If that were the case though, wouldn't the entire continent of Atlantis still be somewhat intact above the ocean floor, yet below sea level? In which case it could be easily accessible with today's technology.

Nice post

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

you have a good point , but you know how floods work , they smash every thing in their way and leaves nothing behind

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Plato mentions the Myth of Helios in connection with Atlantis, suggesting that Atlantis was at least partially destroyed by a natural space phenomenon such as a close call (or impact) by a meteorite or asteroid.

"Now this has the form of a myth, but really signifies a declination of the bodies moving in the heavens around the earth, and a great conflagration of things upon the earth, which recurs after long intervals; at such times those who live upon the mountains and in dry and lofty places are more liable to destruction than those who dwell by rivers or on the seashore."
edit on 24-6-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Indeed. But Atlantis didn't fall from a flood. The reason could be considered "pseudoscience" but to me it's my family's oral tradition for centuries. Either way, here goes:

The Atlanteans excelled at drawing energy from crystals. This technology provided their entire civilization energy through the placing of massive crystals along specific points throughout their continent(s) and islands. We also know these as ley lines. Crystals were also stationed under the surface and on the ocean floor as well to fully harness an abundance of energy.

Energy weapons were also created from this technology to defend the planet from any extraterrestrial threats.

Many wars were fought among different factions of Atlantis. It certainly wasn't under one leadership, but rather many like modern day nations or city-states. The culture was also diverse.

To make a long story short, a massively destructive energy weapon was deployed during a few battles. That's not what sunk the continent though. The energy grid of crystals overloaded causing devastation to the main continent from every angle, including underneath it. The end.

It's no coincidence however that native cultures all over the planet share this story too.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Thank you very much for providing a transcript!

I only get about 3 gigs of date per month on my prepaid phone. It usually only lasts me about 2 weeks. I learned the hard way, videos take a massive amount of data.

Ive heard somewhere, that the giant dinosaurs like brontosaurus, brachiosaurus, could not exist in today's atmosphere. That there was something different about the levels of different elements in the air back then that made the atmosphere extremely humid, to the point that buoyancy effected organisms on land much like it does with creatures and objects in the water, making it possible to have giants and giant animals. Gravity did not effect them as much.

If true, could the firmament have been a part of that? Maybe it wasnt just a huge bubble around the Earth, maybe it also included an increase in humidity inside the bubble. Think about it, if it never rained, plants and animals would die, rivers would dry up. But maybe it never rained because the "rain" was simply floating around the air, readily absorbed by plants, the ground, or whatever. Maybe the firmament bubble had some effect on air pressure that made this possible.

But what caused the firmament to come crashing down to earth? And what of the talk of the great fountains of the deep? Sounds like some water also came up from below the ground in huge geysers. Maybe the end of the firmament, caused a sudden change in air pressure that 1) caused rain to fall rather than float, and 2) the newly felt effects of gravity caused the earths crust to compress, forcing fountains of water from below to come shooting out wherever it could find a path.

Ive also heard there was no day or night, but a constant dim, purplish twilight. But that may have been exclusively from either Vellikovsky, or expansions on his work, so, that could be something totally seperate from the firmament theory. I was just thinking of the effects a firmament would have on sunlight. Perhaps it would block a lot of it, but also evenly disperse it around the earth, making differences between day and night negligibly noticeable. Maybe if there was something mixed in with the water it could give the light a purple tint? Or maybe the color would happen naturally due to light refraction based on the size of the bubble?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
OP I feel you're right in a sense?! I also have something to add to this..

We've all heard of Tiamat, this planet can be proven to have existed using Bodes law, we have Sumerien accounts corroborating this story, there is volcanic evidence on meteorites *that can only form on planets*,Said meteorites are in the asteroid belt which is the location pointed to by Bodes law and te Sumeriens, essentially the asteroid belt is the remnants of Tiamat as are many ivy comets, plus there is much more to support these claims..I can also attest to have seen Planet X and its moons many many times over the past year and a half (pics in my thread)-this is very relevant.

I actually suspect this planet (Tiamat) was destroyed and fell victim to a war of sorts in the solar system, Mars was also involved in this too, although suffering far less destruction.

So what I'm saying is that it is very plausible that it was actually the destruction of Tiamat that caused the deluge from above..
edit on 25-6-2016 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2016 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
(Sigh)
Once again there is no evidence that Atlantis ever existed outside of Plato's one book that mentions it - a book that he never even finished. The timings he mentions in it makes no sense (he talked about Athens being the main enemy of Atlantis, despite the fact that Athens didn't exist in 9,000BC) and no-one else ever referred to it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

...scientists had discovered a massive cloud of water deep in space.

The idea that a massive ice ball melted in our atmosphere is a genuinely intriguing thought. Pretty cool stuff.

edit on 25-6-2016 by BadwolfBratton because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

One of the theories with known scientific basis of the sibling of Atlantis is a chain reaction of massive, collapsing gas chambers within the crust beneath the surface. The gas explodes or leaks out, the former "bubble" collapses, and everything above it falls down to fill the space. If Atlantis had the right (wrong) geological features, an entire continent could collapse and "sink" within a day or less.

My guess is a continent crashing into the ocean could raise waters pretty drastically. Whether enough to flood the world for 40 days, I don't know. That's just a viable, but unproven possibility.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Nibiru comes thru every 3657 years and the Continents break free and "float" into new positions inciting global displacement waves on the leading continental edges ,global vulcanism first subsea and then on land evaporates so much water that it rains for 40 days and nights.

We are re-set evey 3657 years.

co2 has recently been pumped underground and has turned to stone in 2 years.....this means we have to reasses how we view time and history........but ...alas....there is no time left.

Our current false status quo belief that Humanities history is formed into one long linear line was intentionally forced upon us by TPTB.....Humanities history is comprised of CIRCLES...full complete CIRCLES.....which are catalysd and caused by a NATURAL CYCLE....each 3657 years is a COMPLETE HISTORY and is physiclly LAIN ATOP the one which came before it as others which came long before it arise in broken layers always confusing those seeking a linear histrionic.....they keep chasing their tails,running into dead ends.

Nice post OP......you are hungry to learn.....me to....be thankfull for the intrnet...you have a fighting chance to learn the truth of humanities cyclical histories....consider older people like me who could only acess LIBRARIES to get a world view....I discovered the internet only within th last 10 years ....also note that ALL libraries are and were CONTROLLED VIA PUBLISHING AND PEER REVIEW by TPTB who were intentionally suppressing global truths and global reality....this is how they mislead us all GLOBALLY.....and this is how they were able to influnce GLOBAL EDUCATION PROCESSES and control BILLIONS OF PEOPLE like puppets.

A "flood story" exists within each 3657 year Cycle........on musnt confuse the issue and try to force evidence onto a linear template ...... Ziusudra and Gilgamesh are men who experienced ONE SINGLE cycle....and their history is NOT the same ones as Noahs because Noah experienced a subsequent SINGLE CYCLE .....that would be LINEAR THINKING....and remember we have no possible way to express a linear history template. So Ziusudras did not beget Noahs story.....the stories are completely independant of each other and both are true...PARALELL.....but each its own complete unique original cycle.
edit on 25-6-2016 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The science for the younger drays boundry event, the so called clovis comet, is solid.
Starting with the astronomical work of Whipple, then Napier and Clube, shows that the current comet Enke is just the remnant of a much larger object(100 km diameter), possibly a centaur object, that was injected into a inner solar earth crossing orbit around 25,000 years ago. The object started to break up around 14Kya and caused a oeriod of very increased impact activity on earth. The major event happen approx 12.9 kya, but was isloated to a singular event.
It was a series of events that really didnt taper off until the early iron age. The signals can be found in the Greenland Ice cores as spikes of platinum iridium ammonia and extra terrestrial dust grains peaks.
There are dozens of published peer reviewed papers, by insitutions from around the world that adress the evidence, evidence that includes high temp melt products, that there is no terrestrial mechanism to produce, rare forms of carbon(various diamond types that have been shown to be only produced by impacts) to wide spread evidence of massive bio mass burning( that includes the above evidence).
These events arent limited to the 12.9kya event but happened repeatedly throught the early and mid holocene, the first archeologists to take notice were members of the Yale team working in mesopotamia starting in the late seventies, with soil scientist M.A Courty finding periodic widespread burning of biomass at several ancient mesopotamian sites, going back 7k years, with several major events in the 3rd and 4th millenia bc.

All that being said, hate to say it and burst everyones internet Atlantis bubble, it had nothing to do with the loss of atlantis, which is a fictional state, based on the real Minoan empire, which collapsed due to the eruption of Thera.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

The science for the younger drays boundry event, the so called clovis comet, is solid.
Starting with the astronomical work of Whipple, then Napier and Clube, shows that the current comet Enke is just the remnant of a much larger object(100 km diameter), possibly a centaur object, that was injected into a inner solar earth crossing orbit around 25,000 years ago. The object started to break up around 14Kya and caused a oeriod of very increased impact activity on earth. The major event happen approx 12.9 kya, but was isloated to a singular event.
It was a series of events that really didnt taper off until the early iron age. The signals can be found in the Greenland Ice cores as spikes of platinum iridium ammonia and extra terrestrial dust grains peaks.
There are dozens of published peer reviewed papers, by insitutions from around the world that adress the evidence, evidence that includes high temp melt products, that there is no terrestrial mechanism to produce, rare forms of carbon(various diamond types that have been shown to be only produced by impacts) to wide spread evidence of massive bio mass burning( that includes the above evidence).
These events arent limited to the 12.9kya event but happened repeatedly throught the early and mid holocene, the first archeologists to take notice were members of the Yale team working in mesopotamia starting in the late seventies, with soil scientist M.A Courty finding periodic widespread burning of biomass at several ancient mesopotamian sites, going back 7k years, with several major events in the 3rd and 4th millenia bc.

All that being said, hate to say it and burst everyones internet Atlantis bubble, it had nothing to do with the loss of atlantis, which is a fictional state, based on the real Minoan empire, which collapsed due to the eruption of Thera.

LMAO....."there are dozens of Peer Reviewed Papers"....lol....these are useless dross...bought by TPTB.

Archeology is a fraud which can be manipulated EASIER than GEOLOGY which is not a fraud....TPTB have completely bastardised archeology from the core outwards but have only barely accomplished a screen-suppression of GEOLOGY via the manipulation of the education processes globaly.

co2 has been witnessed to turn to stone in 2 years deep underground....forget the old status quo you are supporting....lol....lol...Oil is FRESH....lol....deep in rock....with bubbles of GAS trapped above it also entrapped in STONE.......LMAO....now we know how the FRESH LIQUID OIL AND GAS was entrapped in stone ....REMAINED FRESH.....because IT IS NOT MILLIONS OF YEARS OLD AT ALL...it is in fact around 3650 years old.....and it is RENEWABLE....and FTR BILLIONS of humans are included in the mix when his resource is "renewed".

We are due for a renewal soon....read DOOMSDAY..THE SCIENCE OF CATASTROPHY ...by Fred Warshofsky....I found it interesting.As a humanitarian PEER I give it a good review....lol....so one could consider it to be "Peer Reviewed Paper"...lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The australian aboroginees in there myths say that there was a time way back when there were two suns. One person I read and I am not sure yet who, said that maybe that planet was a full body of water or oceanic. When the sun reflected on it, the view from earth was like that of a sun. If that was to fall our way showers could be expected?a reply to: EndOfDays77

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

(Facepalm)
No.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

One of the theories with known scientific basis of the sibling of Atlantis is a chain reaction of massive, collapsing gas chambers within the crust beneath the surface. The gas explodes or leaks out, the former "bubble" collapses, and everything above it falls down to fill the space. If Atlantis had the right (wrong) geological features, an entire continent could collapse and "sink" within a day or less.

My guess is a continent crashing into the ocean could raise waters pretty drastically. Whether enough to flood the world for 40 days, I don't know. That's just a viable, but unproven possibility.

Utterly unproven. And sorry but what's a 'sibling' of Atlantis?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

you might find this interesting,

www.dropbox.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

(Facepalm)
No.

yep,