It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of bomb-sniffing dogs killed in Kuwait

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The American company here should be held legally responsible in assisting in the murder of these dogs.

They chose who to sign a contract with, then allowed their business partners to murder these dogs. If the dogs were truly sick or incapable of doing the job, then you return them to their American company.

This is akin to a construction company hiring laborers, then killing them when the job's done because they were no longer needed.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
www.miamiherald.com...

“These dogs were suffering in the condition they were in,” an anonymous employee told the Arab Times. “In my opinion, this should have been done a year ago.”

He said all the dogs had to be put down either due to aggressive tendencies or medical conditions that included tumors, cataracts, chronic diarrhea and hip dysplasia. He said they had planned to euthanize the dogs in smaller groups but that a member of the kennel staff “jumped the gun,” and has since been fired.

I really don't know about some of you. Either you don't actually read the article or you are just propagandists... Or maybe to many layers of tinfoil in that cap....

edit on 24-6-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Dr UAE

Whatever.

Muhammed loved dogs.

The koran does not state homosexuality is one of the worst sins.

Aisha was not six years old when she was forced to marry Muhammed and nine years old when he raped her.

The primary source, the infallible koran is the only prima facie evidence needed to prove I am correct and you are wrong.

Your taquiya won't work here.

tuqya my back gas chamber , im not a shia they only have this in their belief

and iwasnt wrong when corrected your name , its truly undeniable arrogance

THANX MODS FOR LETTING THIS KIND OF CRAP THRIVE IN THIS SITE

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
the title should have been like this

Dozens of bomb sniffing dogs 'killed by American security company in Kuwait after its contract with oil firm ended'

source

because the members will think that the Kuwaitis did it

Darn I can't edit the OP or I would put that in the title or thread.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
www.miamiherald.com...

“These dogs were suffering in the condition they were in,” an anonymous employee told the Arab Times. “In my opinion, this should have been done a year ago.”

He said all the dogs had to be put down either due to aggressive tendencies or medical conditions that included tumors, cataracts, chronic diarrhea and hip dysplasia. He said they had planned to euthanize the dogs in smaller groups but that a member of the kennel staff “jumped the gun,” and has since been fired.

I really don't know about some of you. Either you don't actually read the article or you are just propagandists... Or maybe to many layers of tinfoil in that cap....

So the show animal cops, they should not rescue these animals, just kill them where they sit? I am sure the company knew about any bad conditions, but yet failed to take care of their property. The end result is still somebodies fault, even IF they did need to be put down.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Dr UAE

Whatever.

Muhammed loved dogs.

The koran does not state homosexuality is one of the worst sins.

Aisha was not six years old when she was forced to marry Muhammed and nine years old when he raped her.

The primary source, the infallible koran is the only prima facie evidence needed to prove I am correct and you are wrong.

Your taquiya won't work here.

Your arrogance fails you...

Everything you just said is Hadith work. Not The Noble Quran.

Better luck next time.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Very sad and pathetic..reminds me of the Whistler B.C. sled dog slaughter..a real bad stomach turning literal massacare of 100 dogs..there is a place in hell for these scum. This guy tried to make a PTSD claim is the only reason it came to light

www.theprovince.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Orionx2
www.miamiherald.com...

So the show animal cops, they should not rescue these animals, just kill them where they sit? I am sure the company knew about any bad conditions, but yet failed to take care of their property. The end result is still somebodies fault, even IF they did need to be put down.

iTruthSeeker

Hey, I do not want to argue as I do not disagree.... However this is Kuwait and not the USA. USA is by far more capable of being more animal friendly. These dogs were suffering badly.

Just FYI I really like German Shepherds (all the dogs killed). They are ridiculously intelligent. However they do have very unfortunate genetic issues.

Let's look at orthopedic diseases first. German Shepherds suffer from high rates of hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia. The Orthopedic Foundation of America evaluated the hip X-rays of over 86,000 German Shepherds and found 19% dysplastic. That's bad, and the true rate is even higher because most of the obviously bad X-rays were not sent in for official evaluation. Similarly, over 23,000 elbow X-rays were evaluated, nearly 20% were dysplastic (the 8th worst rate of 82 breeds) and again, the true rate is even higher.

Panosteitis is another common orthopedic health problem in German Shepherds. Osteochondritis and cruciate ligament rupture occur regularly. Wobbler's syndrome and hypertrophic osteodystrophy have been reported.

Let's look at skin problems next – they're rampant in this breed, especially allergies (which cause itchy skin) and pyoderma (folliculitis and furunculosis), but also seborrhea, demodectic mange, lick granuloma, and occasionally calcinosis.

Autoimmune diseases, where a dog's defective immune system attacks its own body, are extremely common in German Shepherds.
•Often the skin is the target of the defective immune system. Autoimmune skin diseases include perianal fistula, sebaceous adenitis, lupus, pemphigus, nail bed disease, and vitiligo.
•When the defective immune system targets other organs, the resulting diseases include degenerative spinal myelopathy, megaesophagus, and myasthenia gravis.

German Shepherds are notorious for digestive problems, especially chronic diarrhea caused by food intolerances, colitis (inflammatory bowel disease), hemorrhagic gastroenteritis, or pancreatic insufficiency. This breed should be eating real food for sure, not an artificial diet of kibble or canned food.

As with all deep-chested breeds, German Shepherds are at higher-than-normal risk for the emergency gastrointestinal syndrome bloat.

www.yourpurebredpuppy.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hate to be that person.

But what are dozens compared to the million+ that are euthanized because people don't want the or can't have them anymore in th US alone?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Dr UAE
the title should have been like this

Dozens of bomb sniffing dogs 'killed by American security company in Kuwait after its contract with oil firm ended'

source

because the members will think that the Kuwaitis did it

Darn I can't edit the OP or I would put that in the title or thread.

iTruthSeeker

Kuwaitis did do it the company was Kuwaiti. The US company supplied them the animals after training. However the US company should have made sure the dogs they supplied were taken care of. You can look at the pictures those dogs were malnurished before they were killed. So I'm not buying they were in poor health like they claim they were starving.

Do t know If someone posted it but here's their website.
sek

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
Hate to be that person.

But what are dozens compared to the million+ that are euthanized because people don't want the or can't have them anymore in th US alone?

It's sad but a company should know better that's thr difference. First these dogs needed training 1000 of man hours involved these dogs were a valuable asset to security companies and could have easily sold them. You can't compare strays rounded up to highly trained dogs this was just stupid. Oh and just something you might want to know many programs use shelter dogs and train them.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Hate to be that person.

It's sad but a company should know better that's thr difference. First these dogs needed training 1000 of man hours involved these dogs were a valuable asset to security companies and could have easily sold them. You can't compare strays rounded up to highly trained dogs this was just stupid. Oh and just something you might want to know many programs use shelter dogs and train them.

all of my pets were strays so I know that.

But a living animal is a living animal. If you say it is more worth because people invested in them it is just an asset. Assets can be thrown away if not needed anymore.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Hate to be that person.

But a living animal is a living animal. If you say it is more worth because people invested in them it is just an asset. Assets can be thrown away if not needed anymore.

A loss of life in this case and thr investment was just stupid those dogs were worth more alive than dead. Thus us just someone who made a rash decision because they didn't want to buy dog food on a contract that ended. And this isn't like throwing out copy paper I'll bet the amarican compaNY would have taken them back if asked they were already trained run them through a 3 week course and send them back out. This was just a senseless loss of life. This probably hits close to home since in Afghanistan I got to work with a dog his name was cody coolest German Sheppard you could meet. You could even ask him to sing for you.
edit on 6/24/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Hate to be that person.

A loss of life in this case and thr investment was just stupid those dogs were worth more alive than dead. Thus us just someone who made a rash decision because they didn't want to buy dog food on a contract that ended. And this isn't like throwing out copy paper I'll bet the amarican compaNY would have taken them back if asked they were already trained run them through a 3 week course and send them back out. This was just a senseless loss of life. This probably hits close to home since in Afghanistan I got to work with a dog his name was cody coolest German Sheppard you could meet. You could even ask him to sing for you.

It's always senseless. You have your own personal experience, I have mine. My strays defended the Late Misses when they felt something was off when and the emergency responders came to take her to hospital. No strangers allowed for them in that case.

I am more responding to the general "Meh" to the millions that get thrown away, that equally defend their matriarchs of their group, to the dozens the fit into the scheme of being important of the public opinion. If you haven't met your German Sheppard abroad but just at home he would have been equally important in your life, it is the character (and yours) that build that.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This also happened during Viet Nam too. Some from Iraq were brought back as the media tried to get word of this out to the public. The dogs are commonly seen as "property".

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It would be nice if people would get this upset about the thousands of dogs that are euthanized on a daily basis in dog pounds here in the good ol' USA.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join