It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Blood Test Can Predict A Heart Attack Within 5 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Full Title, subtitle:
New Blood Test Can Predict a Heart Attack Within 5 Years
Fewer people would have to take dangerous statin drugs
By Julie Fidler
21 June 2016

naturalsociety.com...

Researchers from Imperial College London and University College London have found that “high levels of antibodies – molecules produced by the immune system – are linked to a low risk of heart problems,” even in people who have other risk factors. The team has developed a new test that looks for levels of protective immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibodies, which appear to guard against a heart attack even when a patient has hypertension and high cholesterol.
. . .
The Simple Test Could Help Protect Countless Individuals[emphases in original]
The minds behind this new test found that people with the highest number of antibodies had a 58% lower risk of coronary heart disease or heart disease, as well as a 38% lower risk of having a stroke or other heart events during the test’s trial period.
. . .
Dr. Ramzi Khamis, consultant cardiologist at the National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, said:

“Linking a stronger, more robust immune system to protection from heart attacks is a really exciting finding.

Read more: naturalsociety.com...
Follow us: @naturalsociety on Twitter | NaturalSociety on Facebook

Sounds exciting to me.
I plan to ask my VA doc about how soon such a test may be available at my next checkup in July.
Are there any cardiology experts hereon who are aware of this research and could give some comments about how quickly it could be implemented?
It seems pretty straightforward. Couldn't a standard blood screening show this?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
Thanks for posting this.

I will ask my Doc next month when I go too. Please update this thread after you talk to yours, as will I.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Thanks for posting this.

I will ask my Doc next month when I go too. Please update this thread after you talk to yours, as will I.

Sure. I'll plan on doing that. Feel free to remind me, if I forget.

I think it would be a great thing for all Vets to talk to their Docs about this. It might move the system a bit faster.
edit on 24/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

originally posted by: stosh64
Thanks for posting this.

Sure. I'll plan on doing that. Feel free to remind me, if I forget.

I think it would be a great thing for all Vets to talk to their Docs about this. It might move the system a bit faster.

I am not a Vet, but I thank you and all Vets for your service! But I will ask too.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Albumin and micro albumin are also good at predicting death. They are available now in the states.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

THANKS THANKS.

That OP article has a functioning PRINT button. I'm printing off copies to give to the RN that draws the blood test prior to the check-up as well as for the MD.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Thanks.

Are those automatic parts of standard blood screens or does one need to ask for them, specifically?

And what if one has a score in the sad direction? Can anything be done, in any cases, at that point?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That's awesome news. Having some kind of advance warning would save so many lives or at least begin testing for some kind of preventative measures, such as a stent to increase blood flow to the heart.

My husband had a heart attack last year. The only cardiac related blood test I'm aware currently of is one that measures the level of an enzyme called tryponin, done after a heart attack is suspected. Kind of like closing the barn door after the horse is running down the road, so to speak.

The only drawback I can see is that the people most likely to need a test like this are probably the least likely to seek regular medical care and would have a heart attack regardless, my dear hardheaded hubby the perfect example.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

Yeah, he's not alone on such scores! LOL.

However . . . experiences of a dramatic sort CAN have a way of getting one's attention toward a refocus of priorities.

The best to both of you.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Thank you, I will print a couple copies to bring myself.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Yeah, he's not alone on such scores! LOL.

However . . . experiences of a dramatic sort CAN have a way of getting one's attention toward a refocus of priorities.

The best to both of you.

Thank you.

The whole experience has been an eye opener, and I see him taking his health care much more seriously. On the plus side, he's doing better of just letting go of some of the aggravations of daily life. The more difficult thing is dealing with the many medications post heart attack and taking better care of himself in general.

Which come full circle to the point of the thread. How different would life be if he had known 5 years ago that he was vulnerable to a heart attack and what could have been done to prevent it?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Albumin and globulin as well as the ratios are on your standard CBC/CMP

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here's a peer reviewed study about albumin and heart issues.

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You might look up

THEPEOPLESCHEMIST.COM

A lot of folks have been able to get completely off standard heart meds with great results . . .

Their supplements are what I use to keep my BP low.

imho, worth checking out, anyway.

Congrats on the letting go.

I hope it's up-to-speed on forgiveness, resentment, perfectionism . . . in terms of practicing letting go.

Blessings,

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

THANKS MUCH.

Will check it out.

Cheers.

top topics

join