It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in for a treat this weekend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They are already flying around all over the place. Thunderbirds, F-35's, vintage, and who knows what else.

The come here almost every year, and they are rattling the windows.

First year I went, was on practice day. Got all access on the tarmac and enjoyed chatting with the pilots while I crawled around their planes.

Might have to enter into the car show to get great parking.

theutahairshow.com...
www.hill.af.mil...

I can easily see this show from my backyard, and they buzz us pretty low, but again, I like the action up close.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

You're lucky, the Thunderbirds just got back on the show circuit after the crash a few weeks ago.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

They'll be here in Anchorage next month!

I do not even go out on base I just either step out my door or go down to the end of the parkstrip and watch them do roof top level runs around the two office buildings and hotel.

A couple years ago, I was standing on my driveway watching them do passes. (Anchortown, down town, is laid out in a grid, and one of the main east-west roads is a couple blocks south). So I am out there b.s.ing with the neighbor as he washed his car. There they go. On the next pass the pilot sees us down there looking up and he tilted his wings to us! We yelled "Yeah!" and gave we both gave him a "thumbs up". That was pretty cool thing to do!

Enjoy the show! (Says in his Napoleon Dynamite voice) Lucky!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The Breitling Jet Team just finished their practice runs. They are driving my dog nuts lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes I was surprised to hear they were coming.

Posting some phone pictures as I capture them, but they are too big to post here.

www.ignorancedenied.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ive been awake since yesterday, hope they do more practice. They have a stunt plane out atm.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Couldnt tell as it didnt come close enough, but the last one looked like a MIG.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Uploading some shots of the Thunderbirds. There was only 4 of them out.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thank you for the awesome photos. Amazing!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The show went on today. Posted a few more. I will be posting more, I was doing some work on the forums today so time was limited.

Appreciate the thanks big time.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Smirkley make bass jealous. Bass no have awesome air shows to see at edwards anymore, live vicariously through smirkley now.

(Makes paper airplane, writes thunderbirds on side, throws through air) [sigh] no loud noise, no ground shaking, it not same, bass sad now.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I have a maybe 2000 pictures using my real camera from a few years ago on the flight line on practice day. Much much better pictures. But they are 15mb each. I always think I am going to resize them for use in posts. Some day.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I mis-spoke! Blue Angles will be here in late July. Will take photos and post here for all.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Maybe. There's conflicting information out there but there's the possibility they will cut the season short and end it at the Pensacola show in July.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ah man... way to rain on my parade! (lol)

After the crash in TN I would not put them to the irons if they do cut the season short. Safety first.

Thanks (kinda) for the update!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

If they do continue the season it looks like they'll finish it out flying a five ship show and wait until next season to replace Capt Kuss.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yes, they had only 5 planes up when they were here.

And I did notice a change in some of the show maneuvers from the other years they come here. One in particular because it includes a very low flyover our neighborhood by one of the jets was scrubbed apparently.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I just saw you amazing photos!!! 👍🏽

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

There's a lot of outcry about how dangerous they are, flying low over neighborhoods, and even by veterans about how they set of PTSD. Several places are pushing for full up bans on them flying there.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thank you. None are cropped or zoomed in. The were just snap and shoot. Maybe I will clean them up.

Zaph, that is too bad really. I dont know of anyone around here that complained. It was a treat really. We loved it. One would fly low below the edge of the rim at HAFB, and come up to startle the audience. That stunt was missing.

The only one I never liked when I was downtown Chicago on Michigan Ave, the Blue Angels did a flyby downtown and the roar of the engines had everyone looking up for falling buildings. It was that loud and startling. Maybe it was still too close to 911 or something.

But otherwise i love them.
edit on 5-7-2016 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join