It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I predict BRexit will NOT happen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

So you think their going to have a revote?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Not sure.

I think at the very least the people of the UK are going to have to keep fighting. if they think the vote is the end of it they are wrong.

(post by Denoli removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Right, it might take years. those more light hearted voters will reverse their excitement and change their vote when the next vote is taken, preserving the illusion of democracy.

That's what they are saying, not so much the exit, but all the rewriting of statutory laws that need to be done, unless they embody all the EU statutes already in place. As for a reentry vote, I doubt that will happen, in fact Britain is more likely to be kicked out with a vengeance as an example to other EU members. Cameron is as much to blame as plonker Boris for this mess, there should have been no need for a referendum in these times of international crisis, and even this referendum wasn't intended to have been now, and at the earliest next year, with at least a year for people to ponder on it without political sound bytes, instead of the rush job we were handed.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
Something is obviously weird about it. The vote went through with a 51.9% in favour and within hours all the world markets are crashing, yet the major media is not even covering it. Weeks before "predictions show UK will stay in the Union, encouraging investment and strength in the global markets" etc....

I always wonder what people mean when they throw out "major media not covering it"

BREXIT has been the primary news item on CNN.COM for hours for example this screenshot shows the CNN.com home page..All other major news sources I look at have the exact same approach. 13 different hyper links on the home page all about BREXIT. Each of the samples below have at least 1 link talking about the markets crashing.

here is FOX news.. with 10 links , 9 of which are about BREXIT.

edit on 24-6-2016 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2016 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Conspiracists have to conspiricise?

As far as I know this was a pretty big story globally speaking.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Willtell

Not sure.

I think at the very least the people of the UK are going to have to keep fighting. if they think the vote is the end of it they are wrong.

Your an *SNIP*

This member was 110% correct, you are an *SNIP*!

We voted out, we wanted it, we got it. Now its time for the rest of the world to get to hell and let us do our own thing.
edit on 6-25-2016 by Springer because: Please avoid the name calling...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So, this is the modern age. We have computers. What does LEAVE mean?

All those voting for LEAVE, get a special ID card saying "BRIT ONLY".

All those voting for REMAIN, get an ID card saying "BTIT AND EU".

Those with the REMAIN ID CARD will get "European Passport" and can travel freely between the zones, and work anywhere they want.

Those with the more limited LEAVE ID CARD will get a "British Passport" and can only work in the UK.

Those with REMAIN ID CARD can use either GBP or EUROs when shopping.

Those with LEAVE ID CARD are only allowed to use GBP to shop.

With the computing technology present today, we can indeed give each side what they want, without taking away anything from the other side.

They can all live on the same land, in the UK, just have different rights and privileges.

Everyone would be happy.

As Margret Thatcher says, the worst agreement is the compromise, since nobody gets what they want. But, in our age, we can give everybody what they want individually.

With computers and individual IDs it is possible to tailor each persons rights, benefits, and obligations, to just what he or she wants these things to be, without infringing on the neighbor's rights.

edit on 24-6-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
So, this is the modern age. We have computers. What does LEAVE mean?

All those voting for LEAVE, get a special ID card saying "BRIT ONLY".

All those voting for REMAIN, get an ID card saying "BTIT AND EU".

Those with the REMAIN ID CARD will get "European Passport" and can travel freely between the zones, and work anywhere they want.

Those with the more limited LEAVE ID CARD will get a "British Passport" and can only work in the UK.

Those with REMAIN ID CARD can use either GBP or EUROs when shopping.

Those with LEAVE ID CAD are only allowed to use GBP to shop.

With the computing technology present today, we can indeed give each side what they want, without taking away anything from the other side.

The can all live on the same land, in the UK, just have different rights and privileges.

Everyone would be happy.

As Margret Thatcher says, the worst agreement is the compromise, since nobody gets what they want. But, in our age, we can give everybody what they want individually.

With computers and individual IDs it is possible to tailor each persons rights, benefits, and obligations, to just what he or she wants these things to be, without infringing on the neighbor's rights.

It ...it doesn't work like that...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Part of me thinks it was also an effort to oust Cameron.
edit on 24-6-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The powerful people who are behind the EU will undoubtedly get some pay back by keeping the UK in austerity longer.

That’s all they’ll do and wait for the people to start crying after awhile.

Then they'll say: F___ you we told you not to do this…SUFFER ASS HOLES!

Then they get a candidate and have another vote in a year or two and they’ll be begging to get back in the EU

You don’t cross these powerful people and get away with it.

They will get your ass good!

edit on 24-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Blueracer

www.politico.com...

"We preferred a different outcome. And I imagine many of you here felt the same way," Biden said at Trinity College in Dublin. Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

The White House just Tweet that Biden said he believes the UK will stay in the EU regardless.

I won't be accepting your apology in the future for your snarky attitude because I'm tired of it.

Joe Biden? That's your salvation? *shakes head* He is a moron.

As for snarky, you have me beat. You start umpteen threads, some of which contradict previous threads you've started, and you are very condescending to people who disagree with you. That's worse than snarky.

Now run along and start another thread so you can meet your quota for the month.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I do think this is the most dangerous time. Economic extortion, social agitation, possible false flag. Hold firm Briton. Better to be the master of your own fate than die a slow death.
edit on 24-6-2016 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The people aren't wrong, we had a referendum...the majority won...it's called democracy.

This is the end of it, we are once more a sovereign nation......deal with it!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

I'm glad that your offended that I'm pointing out that all stops will be pulled out in order to get you back into the EU.

But I'm not the one doing it, hate to burst you're bubble.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I do think some folks underestimate the actual feeling in the country. The longer this goes on and the more people really start to understand exactly what they have in their hands, the more jealously we will guard it and any political party even toying with the idea of throwing away our sovereignty again will find themselves as unelectable as Labour in the 80's when they had their preposterous unilateral disarmament clause.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
grrrrr
edit on 58pFri, 24 Jun 2016 16:28:58 -050020162016-06-24T16:28:58-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It doesnt matter anymore. Stay or leave...this cookie is starting to buckle. The process is irreversible. Domino is unavoidable. No matter how they may try to spin it...the results were public and heard all over EU. It will initiate a chain reaction.

Grab your socks.

Dont worry...it's a good thing.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I know it's a good thing which is why I don't believe its going to just happen that easily.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The powerful people who are behind the EU will undoubtedly get some pay back by keeping the UK in austerity longer.

That’s all they’ll do and wait for the people to start crying after awhile.

Then they'll say: F___ you we told you not to do this…SUFFER ASS HOLES!

Then they get a candidate and have another vote in a year or two and they’ll be begging to get back in the EU

You don’t cross these powerful people and get away with it.

They will get your ass good!

You sound as if you are actually hoping this will happen.

Just to be clear, here is my ass. Cute, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join