It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm in China kills 98, injures 800

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Surprised this wasn't posted yet. Severe weather has brought some serious tragedy to the Jiangsu province in China. The storms produced winds in some places with excess of 100 -125 Kilometers per hours, bringing Tornadoes and Hail storms. They are still digging through the wreckage so the death and injured toll will probably rise as the days go on.
I know this isn't our neck of the woods, but I still feel for these people. Prayers for the families.

Some snippets from the article:

The storms and tornado have killed 98 people and injured 800, Jiangsu governor Shi Taifeng said Friday morning.

Buildings collapsed as thunder, lightning, rainstorms, hailstorms and the tornado struck counties and villages in the city of Yancheng at about 2:30 pm. By 11 pm, among the 500 injured, about 200 were in critical condition, according to the Ministry of Civil Affairs.

A State Council work group headed by Vice-Minister of Civil Affairs Dou Yupei rushed to Yancheng. The ministry has sent relief materials, including more than 1,000 tents and 2,000 folding beds, to the affected areas.

LINK TO ARTICLE

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

How tragic!

Thanks for bringing it One.

Haven't looked at MSM today. So, wouldn't know it w/out you.

Hope for the people.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I think our news is only really about BREXIT so stories like this one haven't registered to most of us in the UK.

The weather conditions sounded absolutely brutal and terrifying. Cant help feeling for the young and elderly who are mot vulnerable and the people who are having to deal with the situation. I hope they get the help they will need.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

GCL System Integration Technology Co Ltd (002506.SZ), a $5-billion solar cell module maker, said a 40,000-sq-m. (430,000-sq-foot) factory it part-owned had collapsed, and it was assessing the damage.

Environmental campaign group Greenpeace said the storm caused the collapse of a GCL facility used to store hazardous chemicals, located near a drinking water plant and a river.

"The release of these chemicals could pose significant risk to public health and the local ecosystem," Greenpeace said in a statement.

Source: Reuters - Savage storm pummels eastern China, killing 98

So it could get worse.

Let's hope and pray that nothing adds to the suffering the people are going through (see reuters story). A chemical spill is the last thing that needs to happen.

edit on 24-6-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: typo in url

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
How very tragic. My heart and prayers goes out to these people and their families.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Ouch.

Those old construction dwellings are not likely up to such storms any more than they are to earthquakes.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ooh so sad

But I thought china people like to rob money water land. . So Heaven blessed them with rain thunder tornado wind. . And they don't have to rob again.

Be grateful :-)

P/s earthquake, May be

Sophia de Lotus

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here is an update on the chemical spill. Turns out it was not huge and they only have to deal with two chemcals.

The chemicals, including ammonia gas and silane, were stored in a solar panel factory in China's Jiangsu province, which was destroyed in Thursday's storm.

Source: Reuters.com, June 25, 2016 - After deadly China, rescuers clean up hazardous chemicals

The chemicals are both gasses so there is not much to clean up. They were expected to be done on Saturday after the storm. And thank (choice of deity here) that is was not liquids or deadly to breath in. No update on the numbers of injured or dead.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Dear china :-)

Heaven is blessing ye with powerful typhoon. . .

So be grateful to heaven, please bear in mind.

Maybe later some earthquakes to expand your land as well but depending on your graceful. . .

A message from heaven

Sophia Lotus

new topics

top topics

join