It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100,000 sign petition calling for UK to hold 2nd referendum about leaving EU

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

It's pathetic really, it was still over a million votes difference and it's not the first close election in history. It's becoming annoying seeing hate towards those that voted to leave, stereotyping that basically half the nation are xenophobes, racist and full of hate.

The UK hardly needs any more division.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The country to the left of England is WALES, whales live in the oceans of the world, did you really look at a map? a whaling map?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

thought the Whales were just leaving the EU in sympathy with us.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I can understand part of the reason some in England are furious.

A huge attraction to being a part of the EU was the ability to live and work in 27 nations which offers more opportunity and life experience to the younger generation. The reverse of that which hits close to me since my wife is from Eastern Europe, is how many people we know who personally got educated, moved to England and learned English and did so for a better future for them and their children. Now they're going to have to move elsewhere and tear their lives up. That sucks.

The EU did offer some good. The problem is they went too far and opened their borders to non-Europeans. They went beyond respected freedom of movement between European nations and allowed mass migration of a culture into Europe which directly opposes Western beliefs and lifestyles. So now many Europeans will suffer because the EU sold out Muslim refugees. The English don't have a problem with Germans or French or Italians coming and living/working in England. They have a problem with the mass migration from the Middle East. That's where the EU made it's biggest mistake and England and Merkel were at the forefront, almost a race to see who can accept the most refugees/migrants.

I'm in favor of this due to what the EU has done with refugees/migrants but in a parallel universe, the EU never did that and instead got on fine with restricting freedom of movement to only Europeans.

So because the EU sold out to Middle Eastern muslims, some of which are fully intent on destroying Western culture and where it has a huge financial impact on actual Europeans to support them with welfare/handouts, many Europeans will now be screwed when the EU dissolves and they have far less economic opportunity.
edit on 24-6-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Oh for folk's sake.

Probably spotty 18 year old students who think they're Che Guevara. Sad.

We're out. Get over it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

THEY should b 51st and 52nd STATES!
It would solve A GREAT deal of their problems...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Oh for folk's sake.

Probably spotty 18 year old students who think they're Che Guevara. Sad.

We're out. Get over it.

a reply to: CJCrawley

It is still a future they have no longer got though. I understand the young voters' anger, as I do the anger of the Scots and the Irish. After all, there really was nothing they could do against the wave of the majority.

It is what it is but to say they were only spotty kids and don't count...not sure that is fair.

Edit: Having thought of a better word, I think impotence is the one I should have used.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Finally, "they" found something to bitterly divide the UK the way ridiculous issues divide the US. At least in the UK it's something worth making a big deal about. In the US, we're the kind of manufacturing... Mountains out of mole hills.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard of.

Why not do 'do-overs' for every election?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It's kind of like the GOP not expecting Trump to be the nominee and now they're pushing delegates to support someone else. I guess the UK has the same problem we have in the U.S.. If the political establishment doesn't like the voice of the people they try to find another way to get what they want.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The sheeple will not make it easy!

We must not get sucked back in! I say we ban 2nd refurendums!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Someone is bound to have called "No Do Overs" before the vote. Given a big enough bribe...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I agree the UK is out.

To put the money where the mouth is. All of the UK teams should immediately stop with the European championship soccer.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The signatories are probably all under the age of 30, spend a minimum of 6 hours a day on their face book page and mommy and daddy pay their rent.

I couldn't be happier for the Brits. Turns out that the majority of you know the low down after all.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
As much as everyone hates a sore loser, it's the sore winners that are by far the most obnoxious. Enjoy the #-show you've created, I hope for the sake of your country you didn't just royally screw over your younger generation.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
They lost. That is like getting an entire losing team to sign a petition that they want to play the game again. LMAO

It ain't over till the fat lady sings!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Meanwhile somewhere in germany?
accountingprofessor.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

The signatories are probably all under the age of 30, spend a minimum of 6 hours a day on their face book page and mommy and daddy pay their rent.

I couldn't be happier for the Brits. Turns out that the majority of you know the low down after all.

building a tolerance up against snowflakes atm. phone-in on radio 4 today had plenty of whiners. direct democracy won out although I suspect it will be the last.

f

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Partition data for that petition was posted in a tweet. Look where the ips are from. Lol
s31.postimg.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
the UK is not iceland. There are plenty of opportunities in the UK. Young people just bummed it will be harder blow their savings on study abroad.
As for Scotland, so what. People voicing about scotland, would you people also support state succession because of the ACA?
Scotland voted to not solely control their own destiny in their own referendum not to long ago.
They voted with their own country the UK. If the US succeeded over every difference in vote there would be 7 US american countries 

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join