It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100,000 sign petition calling for UK to hold 2nd referendum about leaving EU

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The butthurt are at it already...

www.rt.com...

The prospect of being outside of the European Union is too much for some of the 16 million UK residents who wanted their country to ‘remain’. They have set up a parliamentary petition calling for a second referendum, which crashed due to its popularity.

Despite being set up hours after the result, the petition has already reached its goal of over 100,000 signatures. This means that it must be considered for debate within parliament within a year.

I think we knew this would happen...

Would they be so quick to sign this petition if they'd won the vote.

Hell No.

Parliament better do the right thing when they debate this.

We're Out lads & lasses... Hurrah!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Congrats, don't let them suck you back in

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

In other words.... sore losers exist.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
And what if the result of a second referendum is also 'out'? Will they want another referendum? A third? Fourth? Do they think this is a game of 'the best of 3'? Then the best of 5? lol.

I think i'll start a petition and call it 'say 'no' to a second referendum'.

In fact, we should have a referendum on whether to have a 2nd referendum.

Or people could stop belly-aching and start making the best of what we decided as a nation.
edit on 24-6-2016 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Really?

.00625 % of the population sign a piece of paper....and Parliament must make a decision because of this?

Wow.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Really?

.00625 % of the population sign a piece of paper....and Parliament must make a decision because of this?

Wow.

Yep, any petition that reaches 100k signatures must be debated in Parliament.

Not something I scoff at, I've signed petitions that have reached that number and expected a debate.
That's besides the point really.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They lost. That is like getting an entire losing team to sign a petition that they want to play the game again. LMAO

This is what is going wrong in the world today....If they loss it must have been wrong. In a day and age when everyone gets a participation trophy no one can deal with losing!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I know he is resigning but I swear David Cameron said that this will be the one and only referendum whatever the result

This is getting stupid now

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

They never thought they would win.

Lets have another vote, I mean opinion poll.

Then everyone can shut up until the results of that one are in, and the next and the next. Five years from now…

Hey, remember when we voted to leave?

Leave what?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

100,000 signed a petition to stay.

But didnt 17,000,000 just vote to leave?

Mmm hmm, makes perfect sense.

edit on 24-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Really?

Wow.

I think it doesn't have to decide anything, it just has to debate it. Having said that, it doesn't always follow through with a debate after being presented with a successful petition.

Yes, confusing for me too lol.

Put simply, if Parliament wants to debate a topic then it will. If it doesn't, it won't.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
it is worth noting that a rather large majority in scotland, as well as a majority of northern Ireland wanted to remain in the EU... it was only England and Whales that had a majority desiring to leave.

now, scotland wants independance and Northern Ireland is talking about going back and joining the the Republic. and if you look at it geographically, it looks like most of the areas of the rest of Great Britain wanted to stay also.

so, I think it's more than just poor loser syndrome.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
I don't care what the locations are......they lost. The MAJORITY voted to leave. People need to quit being sore losers. You LOST! So leave! That is what the MAJORITY of the people want, doesn't matter about the rest, sorry.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
62% of Scotland wanted to Remain, 38% wanted to
Eave. Wales voted to Leave and Ireland to Remain. As far as England everywhere nearly vited out except for London so dont quite know where you have got the info from saying most if the country wanted to remain, if that had been the case leave wouldnt have won! In truth a lot of the remain vote came from Scitland and London.

a reply to: dawnstar

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

you're right, I looked at the map again,

www.bbc.com...

confusion at my end I guess...

but I am kind of interpreting it as meaning that while england and whales might see leaving the EU as a positive, scotland and ireland see an advantage in staying. maybe it's because my hometown is in upstate ny where the residents have to accept a bunch of garbage from the state that only benefits the NY City area, with the upstate part being harmed in the process.
but I can't help but wonder if the same is happening here, on a much larger scale.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Here is my take, for something as important as the Referendum or even a general election we should have a best out of three, it should be ran three time's not once or twice or four time's but three.

Voting in a proportionally representative vote like this should have also been mandatory not voluntary for all adults whom are classified as mentally competent.

But did you know there are many in the EU whom want us gone anyway and of course we are there scapegoat as they blame us for there own country's growing euro sketicism.

We had to break the plate, it had to be done, now let's make a better one that work's right like a Nordic treaty such as the president of Sweden suggested or go our own way.

The EU got it wrong, put our fishing industry's to the sword and made free open passage for economic migrant's (not genuine asylum seeker's) from outside the EU and worse - terrorists whom have infiltrated into all EU nation's by now.

Here is more on that suggestion by the Swedish Leader.

www.express.co.uk...

Here is the thing, the EU was not ALL bad and it had some very good and beneficial point's but they were overshadowed as it as the little guy whom suffered as those that ran the whole shibang and kaboodle over the last decade made a total wreck of it with austerity and so many other devastating action's on there part's.

At the end of the day they were un elected dictator's whom ruined what was meant to be a good thing and probably stuffed there own pocket's with millions of not billion's through back door deal's acting as the Proxy Bilderberg owned empire (Believe me they really are).

The European union grew corrupt and it was our people that suffered, half of sourthern europe are now out of work with no prospect's because of them and there idiotic drive to put the poor into even more poverty while claiming to be based on social ideal's and for the good of all EU citizen's, ideal's they circumvented a long time ago.

Whether we made the right or the wrong decision at least we can say to the EU good bye to bad rubbish.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
in case that they didnt know , its already confirmed

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This would have happened what ever way the vote went.

It will change nothing

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
4 months should be enough for anyone to establish their national identity. Enough already

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I wanted us to stay, but even I know this won't work.

Won't work at all.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join