It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Clinton State Dept. Calendar Hides 75 Meetings With Donors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

First off, Skippy, don't tell me what to comment on, I see no 'mod' designation for you.

I didn't tell you what to comment on. What I did say is that if the term offends you, which it appears to of, quit participating in the circle jerk/echo chamber.

Quite simple really.

Second off, that term doesn't offend me.

Then why are you complaining about my use of the term?

You're the one coming up with various definitions for the term.

Urban dictionary:

When a bunch of blowhards - usually politicians - get together for a debate but usually end up agreeing with each other's viewpoints to the point of redundancy, stroking each other's egos as if they were extensions of their genitals (ergo, the mastubatory insinuation). Basically, it's what happens when the choir preaches to itself.

www.urbandictionary.com...

I didn't just make it up. Like I said, if it offends you, quit participating in it.

Take the word 'ass'. It could mean either a donkey or the human posterior. You're an ass. But I only mean you're a donkey. Really.

Really? That's the best you could do?

Amateurs.
edit on 25-6-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
OP NOTE:

While the term "circle-jerk" is often used on ATS when a poster is completely defeated an frustrated in debate...it is still not the topic of this thread...

Please see Thread topic:

AP: Clinton State Dept. Calendar Hides 75 Meetings With Donors

Thank you for staying on topic.
-OP

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

While the term "circle-jerk" is often used on ATS when a poster is completely defeated an frustrated in debate

It is a term used to describe something that fits that particular description.

Nice try at taking a pot-shot though.

-introvert

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Also, I have tried to ask why non-SD business would have to be included on the official SD calendar and all I have received as an answer is "transparency".

Unfortunately, that does not address the issue.

Why would they include non-SD business on an official SD even calendar?
edit on 25-6-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Also, I have tried to ask why non-SD business would have to be included on the official SD calendar and all I have received as an answer is "transparency".

Because....
When, during the covered period of that calendar....
Did Hillary Clinton cease to be ...
The Secretary of State?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Because....
The Secretary of State?

I don't know and fail to see how that is relevant.

If she had a dentist appointment, should it have been on the official SD calendar?

If she met with a CF supporter, should it have been on the official SD calendar?

No, because it was not official SD business.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The State Department won't defend Hillary on this.

But they can elude to what would ..........

During the State Department’s daily press briefing on Friday, Kirby said that Secretary John Kerry’s calendars “are being maintained and preserved as they should be.”

“I can’t speak to how it was done in the past,” he sad. “But the secretary’s calendars are being properly preserved and maintained, and that includes who he’s meeting with.”

Dozens of Clinton meetings left off State schedule: report

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's difficult when conflicts of interest exist.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Again 'Transparency' (lack thereof) is why Clinton chose NOT to record these people and her meetings with them.

In her own words to Huma in an email on integrating her email into the State Dept. system:

"Let's get separate address or device but I don't want any risk of the personal being accessible."

Just as ALL conversations, emails, meetings, etc. transacted on government time by high-ranking government officials, should be made accessible to government oversight and potential future FOIA requests (i.e.: integration of personal email WITHIN the government system---NOT the other way round)...

...the same level of record-keeping should apply to State Dept. calendars.

She is an employee of the U.S. government...if she is on government time...she should keep a record of what she does, while 'on the clock'.

Edt:
As a practical matter of national security, the SOS, being a high-priority target for terrorism, kidnapping, assassination, blackmail, etc.,...it would seem to be extremely important that the State Dept. know specifically and 24/7/365:

-WHO she is meeting with
-WHERE she is meeting them
-WHEN she is meeting them
-WHY she is meeting WITH them

The watchdog report reveals a previously undisclosed email exchange between Clinton and deputy chief of staff Huma Abedin in which Clinton expressed concern that integrating her email into the State system could compromise her privacy.

"We should talk about putting you on state email or releasing your email to the department so you are not going to spam," Abedin wrote to Clinton in November 2010, nearly two years after she began using the Clintonemail.com address. "Let's get separate address or device but I don't want any risk of the personal being accessible," Clinton replied.

www.politico.com...
edit on 25-6-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Because....
The Secretary of State?

If she had a dentist appointment, should it have been on the official SD calendar?

If she met with a CF supporter, should it have been on the official SD calendar?

Ha.
That's where things get hairy.
If she met with a foreign dignitary that was a CF supporter (to the tune of millions of dollars) , that would mean that she is really mixing things up.
You see, the US Secretary of State meets with foreign dignitaries in the course of her duties.
Hillary was also shaking them down for money in exchange for help..... due to her position as SOS.
But the money went to the CF.
So when was she SOS ... and when was she the CF money collector?
Can you see any reason that transparency might be helpful to those that believe in law and order and support the Constitution?
edit on b000000302016-06-25T14:08:41-05:0002America/ChicagoSat, 25 Jun 2016 14:08:41 -0500200000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Cut short quotes as good as Sorcha Fail.

Who is gathering the Intel is most important.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Because....
The Secretary of State?

Ha.
That's where things get hairy.
If she met with a foreign dignitary that was a CF supporter (to the tune of millions of dollars) , that would mean that she is really mixing things up.
You see, the US Secretary of State meets with foreign dignitaries in the course of her duties.
Hillary was also shaking them down for money in exchange for help..... due to her position as SOS.
But the money went to the CF.
So when was she SOS ... and when was she the CF money collector?
Can you see any reason that transparency might be helpful to those that believe in law and order and support the Constitution?

QFT

Yep, yep, you are correct sir!

As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton was 4th in line in the order of presidential succession and as such is never "off the clock" or in other words, until she discontinued that position, she lived, breathed, ate, drank, slept as the Secretary of State and was never supposed to have made any other representation for any other organization during that time.

When you hold that high an office in our government, there is no "not official SD business."

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

** update **

Looks like something is happening !!

Judge Expands Investigation into Hillary Clinton’s Dealings with Foundation Donors

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the State Department to produce the e-mail records of Hillary Clinton’s scheduler during her tenure as secretary of state, expanding an investigation being pursued by conservative nonprofit Citizens United into the overlap between Clinton’s official travel and her meetings with foreign Clinton Foundation donors.

Citizens United is slated to receive all e-mails sent to and from Lona Valmoro, Clinton’s State Department scheduler, in the two-week periods before each of 14 international trips Clinton took during her four years in office. David Bossie, president of Citizens United, hopes to confirm suspicions that Clinton maintained an off-the-books schedule, meeting with Clinton Foundation donors on the taxpayer’s dime. “Citizens United wants to know how many overseas dinners Secretary Clinton attended with Clinton Foundation donors that didn’t make it on her schedule,” he says.

!! Big Clinton Conflict of Interest !!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Excellent catch and connection X.
The Clinton Foundation is corruption on a massive scale...it's ALL connected.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Red Herring! Red Herring Alert!

Guys, I'm all for a great conspiracy but, this is not it. Repeat, this is not it.

Candidates, expecting to possibly run for something in the future, keep their fundraising committees open and continue fundraising. Except judges. There are more restrictions on judges. I swear the AP needs to hire some better bosses. This is not a story. Of course her campaign stayed active and of course those details would be handled by political staff not on her Sec. of State duties calendar.

My concern is that getting people hopped up over something that is proper and legal, makes criticism of those real transgressions a little less legitimate..

Unless I am missing something significant, which is possible as I'm still reading up on this, then this is a fake wrong to create outrage that can be completely debunked. Debunk one
like this, and you can cast doubt on the other outrages that are potentially very legitimate wrongs.

Separating your government duties from your campaign duties is required. My question is: Why is AP playing dumb on something they know is legitimate to do? Shady if you ask me. Trying to show that the other transgressions are just as benign?

Dig, but beware a red herring here. Separating duties is required. AP has been in her pocket for awhile me thinks. They have done incomprehensible things lately that seem to indicate they are helping Clinton way to much.

Throwing a fake bone out there and letting others squack it up knowing she did nothing wrong here...well played Sec. Clinton and AP.

She can easily defend this as right and proper and it just helps her when it's proven wrong. Voters think every accusation is wrong. Think about it guys. Maybe I'm wrong here but...

I think you might be wrong about that.

There seemed to be a problem in this town hall and that question of her running for potus while SoS.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join