It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone explain this Brexit thing to me please?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

She took up the hallway dude... i did some Michael Jackson S**t to avoid the mush...

i think i tweeked my back too... ffs

BACK to the damn topic people!

Theres a map on the previous page...

Whos leavin?

edit on 24-6-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
In the short term, the large island next to the one on the far left.
In the longer term, it's anyone's guess who else will jump ship.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Except theres two in that area

unless you just mean Ireland...

So....Ireland, Scottland, and Britan...ish..?

edit on 24-6-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The Brits found their backbone and gave the eu and globalist scum the two finger salute striking a large blow for freedom from the bankers and globalist scum .

Well Done UK .

Be priceless to see the apoplectic looks on soros and the bankers faces .

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yes, I mentioned both islands- "Large island (Great Britain) next to the one on the far left (Ireland)".

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
The Brits found their backbone and gave the eu and globalist scum the two finger salute striking a large blow for freedom from the bankers and globalist scum .

Well Done UK .

Be priceless to see the apoplectic looks on soros and the bankers faces .

Most bankers are UK based with a very pro banker Tory party protecting their pals.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

We had a referendum to stay in the EU or out and the majority of the British have voted to leave the EU.
So my passport will have to change and now we can make our own laws and such.
I suspect closer ties to our commonwealth countries now.

Always could make our own laws. In fact you will find the vast majority of the laws made in the last 6 years that have screwed this country have naff all to do with EU and are all about Tory ideology. But hey ho, keep the delusion going......

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It means that the British insist that they live on an island and don't want to be part of the team anymore.
This means they have noone to blame for their problems in the future anymore.
Having been a worldwide empire they think that all immigrants only come from the EU.
Looking at the stats it is obvious that the old generation voted against the young generation, the English against the Scotish.

Nevertheless the Brexiters believe that milk and honey are coming to float in the rest empire now and that the end of rainy days has come.

Did you ever watch "Find Nemo"? The final scene exactly fits to the Brexit situation.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Siddharta because: deleted an e

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I live in Southern Canada, otherwise known as Washington State. (Named after some toast)

here's a picture that will describe the whole thing. . . . .

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: DISRAELI

i prefer the visual...

Is this accurate?

No... not accurate in this timeline.
New Zealand has moved into the picture now.
Stupid Nelson Mandela and his effects.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

As an anti media American, I never heard the word brexit until half an hour ago when I poked my head into irc.

Saw it in three different places, came here for the scoop. This thread gave me said scoop. Good on you mates!

Now if only we had a voting system that could create change over here...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

What do you do? Purposefully keep yourself ignorant?

I don't make much effort to watch TV either, but even I know what the Brexit is. It's very simple. Back about a decade or two ago, a lot of the Western European nations signed into an economic union they called the EU (European Union). It has since attempted to mold itself into something like a United States of Europe, only with a bigger, more totalitarian bureaucratic central authority that no one really votes for. It's all just appointed and it regulates everything into the ground.

The goal has been to basically bring the European countries down to where they function more like our states and less like actual countries, and they've added Eastern Europe to the mix since.

My husband is in the position at his job where he has to deal with one tiny aspect of this so-called Union on a daily basis, and just based on his experiences with it, he has been predicting for a while now that the EU was likely doomed to fail because it's a mess. He can't imagine that any other aspects of it are any less convoluted than what he sees and deals with daily at his job. It makes our American alphabet bureaucracy look like a baby in diapers, and we all know that thing needs to be paired down to size.

So the Greeks had a referendum on leaving this monstrosity a while back that failed.

But last night, the UK voted and their version passed. So now the UK is out of the EU or preparing to leave it. As one of the largest trade and political entities on earth loosing a large economy that was enmeshed with it, this is going to cause some global rippled while all the trade, legal, and political ripples are hammered out. And these ripples are going to likely echo worldwide.

The upshot for the UK is they gain more direct local control of their own affairs. They also gain back their local currency and the ability to control it. Part of Greece's problem is that their economy is chained to Euros. If Greece had their own native drachma and local economy back, they could manage their current economic woes a little better by manipulating the value of the drachma relative to other currencies, but being tied to the Euro doesn't allow them that outlet and people suffer for it.

So I guess we'll. I guess one bright side is that I really don't see the rest of the EU raising an army and going to war on the UK for leaving like the US likely would on any state that were to secede. For one thing, the UK has the might of the EU military. However, they might attempt economic warfare, and that could create global economic chaos.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hey, it is better than taking happy pills.

I work with a guy that has zero knowledge of current events.
Aliens could invade, and if they aren't in his front yard or hovering over his house, he won't know about it.

He has no worries though.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I work with them too, but I figure if you're hanging out here, you can't help but have some knowledge of what's going on around the world.

In other words, I don't figure most are drawn here for all the Kardashian threads. And even the UFO and bigfoot theorists have some knowledge of the world.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: butcherguy

I work with them too, but I figure if you're hanging out here, you can't help but have some knowledge of what's going on around the world.

In other words, I don't figure most are drawn here for all the Kardashian threads. And even the UFO and bigfoot theorists have some knowledge of the world.

Oh, I agree.
It makes a person wonder.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad
I couldn't put it better myself. As for the commonwealth countries I think you all aught to take your rose coloured glasses off. The majority of commonwealth countries are trying to get away from Britain not closer.
They only want Britain when it suits them selves, like subsidies and reperation payments, that money to you and me.
Now all the politicians and people that wanted out, let's see you deliver what you said would happen if we came out.
I wont hold my breath.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Why did you even bother posting then? Troll.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

it means the refugee wont be getting thousands of dollars each month and million dollar homes to live in with their 6 wives and 12 children

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ya i guess...

only of worldly things though

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I live in Southern Canada, otherwise known as Washington State.

I don't even know what to say to that...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join