It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron 'to resign' as UK shocks the world by voting for Brexit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
So he is after all, anti British. What a dip shiitt.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: tony9802

...That will only hurt the most economically at risk: Pensioners, working poor, etc. The "rich" will take a hit and recover over time.

The "Leave" vote was predominately older English people. Scotland and Northern Ireland voted overwhelmingly to stay. The Scots hardly consider this a "victory", they see it as another English slap in the face. The entire country of Scotland in every county, voted to stay and it didn't matter.

The Leave campaign has instantly thrown the entire UK into recession and it is the working man and the retired OAP that will be hurt the worst.

How is it any difference than in the US when entire sections of the nation vote overwhelmingly for one candidate and the other wins and claims a mandate to do things to them they never, ever voted for? This is what Obama has done.

Neither is it any different than when you live in a state in the US that has one over-large, monstrous city that overwhelmingly votes one way ever time and controls state politics while the people in the rest of the state, and it can be a very large state, vote overwhelmingly the other way. I am thinking about places like Illinois or New York here in the states.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

I do not understand a no confidence vote in Jeremy Corbyn. It's not as if he has had any power to wield yet, so saying one has no confidence in him at this stage is like saying you do not like a song you never heard, or a film you never saw.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I'm really struggling to understand Cameron's actions the more I think about it

> Run on Euroskeptic platform
> Promise referendum
> Announce referendum
> Campaign to stay in the EU
> Lose your own Referendum

is the man an idiot?

It's almost as if he didn't really want to win, perhaps he has financial interests better served by this course of events and, as political leader of the UK had to be seen to support the EU when his personal interests lay elsewhere...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Is the Queen expected to make a public statement? There's not a lot being said about the royal family's take on this.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Good thread and better news than Brexit passing it.
Cheers, and bumped. The only one I liked to see gone
more than Blair and Brown as well.
An ex- L.M. for PM? Boris must have some resume'...

edit on 24-6-2016 by derfreebie because: Edit we MUST, it's early back here you know...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Sometime around October according to the talking heads on tv.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I do not understand a no confidence vote in Jeremy Corbyn.

I think it's Blaitites seizing an opportunity to oust the man they don't support , the usual suspects are stirring discontent probably hoping Burnham can get a second bite of the cherry.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Now is not the time for throwing out the sort of politicians who can make the best of this exit from Europe. If anyone can adapt to a radically different environment than the one we were in before, I would have thought that the radically different Corbyn would be such a man.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The parliamentary Labour party never wanted him.
Remember all the hoo Haa about people registering for Labour to get a vote? They're who voted him in.

I have to admit, now that Brexit is safely tucked away I could consider maybe voting for him.
Two deal breakers though, I don't want Trident to be scrapped and I absolutely do not want any talks with the Argies over the Falklands.

If he was to disavow those 2 things, Labour become electable in my eyes.

Failing that, if he does get the push, Andy Burnham would be my choice for leader.
I'd definitely vote for him.

link   
Double
edit on 46pFri, 24 Jun 2016 10:40:46 -050020162016-06-24T10:40:46-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

link   

Jeremy Corbyn as nice as he is will never win a general election. Some balls are needed behind a new Labour leader who can have the full backing of his MP's and win many more. That German immigrant Granny I mentioned Gisela Stuart and her team can provide a credible opposition as it has shown we have not had one since the last election.. Full reset required. Peace..

www.bbc.co.uk...

Two Labour MPs have submitted a motion of no confidence in Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn. Dame Margaret Hodge and Ann Coffey confirmed the move in a letter to the Parliamentary Labour Party chairman. The motion has no formal constitutional force but calls for a discussion at their next PLP meeting on Monday. It will be up to the PLP chairman to decide whether it is debated. If accepted it would be followed by a secret ballot of Labour MPs on Tuesday.

edit on 24 6 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added more

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
RBS shares off 35%, biggest ever drop in the Pound, FTSE down almost 9% already, Scotland and NI calling to cleave the UK apart to be part of the EU either as part of a united Ireland or an independent Scotland.

What is the good news about this again?

Markets always react negatively to uncertainty. That's what you're seeing.
As a little time goes by and the world doesn't explode they will rebound.

edit on 24-6-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

If anything I see Britain's economy coming out of this stronger. London is still a financial hub and that won't change.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I don't know enough about Cameron to really comment.

But a leader quitting because the people voted to leave rule of law by foreigners ?

That doesn't sit too well with me.

Yall are better off without him.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
What a crazy day today !

Britain leaving the EU after 40+ years.

And the Prime Minister announcing his resignation.

This day will be one to jot down in the history books.

Jaw officially on the floor !

Hmmm....

EU formed in 1993 did it not?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
One day kids will be taught that there was once a United Kingdom and that the events on this day eventually led to the break up of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Double

It will be if Corbyn resigns.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think Dan Jarvis would be my pick. Not a loony lefty or an over privileged Tory boy. Also seen service in the military, which should work Corbin hasn't really got a hope.
www.google.co.uk... 8
edit on 24-6-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

edit on 24/6/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join