It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Viewers Reaction to Leave Victory Oh No!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
I find it ironic that any USA person would moan about the UK gaining independence lol.

Almost all Americans are really proud of you.

Don't let the whining of a few get you down.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Im thrilled by the result... hopefully this holds off the push for a North American Union for a little while longer.

Of course I am also hoping Americans get educated and start voting out the crook in DC...

Oh look a unicorn...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

Yip, then it'll be back to Donald trump and that loony from North Korea. Doesn't look good for the UK as a whole now though with Northern Ireland and Scotland voting to stay, there's going to be another independence vote I thinks

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: w33wmk81

Surely not for the EU? the EU was about crumble either way, its to bad that the remain camp forget to tell them that.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

With respect, I think you're misreading the implications of the Brexit result.

At it's heart the brexit vote is a (narrow) victory for nationalism over federalism within the UK. Regardless of the impact on the UK in the long term, less than 10 hours after the result and there are already debates occurring within Northern Ireland and Scotland over partitions. Spain already raised the question of Gibraltar again this morning.

The pound is in decline, and will continue to be weak until the mess has been sorted out. That wipes out billions from the UK budget. At the moment the UK subsidises the northern Ireland parliament to a tune of £6 billion a year. The northern Irish economy is soundly based on agriculture, which is again heavily subsidised by the EU. Sinn Fein has become the strongest political movement in the island of Ireland, both north and south and has always been their intention to push for a border poll if the brexit vote succeeded and Northern Ireland voted for remain. The Irish republic has the fastest growing economy in Europe and its lead by a minority government with Sinn Fein being the strongest party in opposition. In 1923, the Irish Republic could afford to support Northern Ireland, today, they can, but only with the assistance of the EU subsidies which Britain has decided to forfeit.

We 've already seen in recent times the rise of nationalism throughout Europe, particularly in those areas with their own border disputes and the rise of the far right in some of the biggest nations within Europe. The old relationships and systems that prevented this from spilling over into armed conflict no longer exist, they have been replaced by the EU, which is substantially weakened by this result.

There are a lot of angry people in Europe this morning, and roughly half of the UK electorate are among them. This anger will need to be appeased and it does not look like Britain has the political leaders to be able to deal with it for a few months at least. History has shown us that when leadership fails opportunists will pounce. They may not succeed, but they will pounce.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: w33wmk81

And who is going to buy your cars, your lights etc? Who owns your manufacturing industries?

To sell into Europe you will need to abide by the self same economic rules you did yesterday. And don't underestimate the likelihood that Europe will want to stick it's knife in for this.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

NO link? Just quotes... Ats...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Get rid of the monarchy and problem solved. I think you'll find the markets are much bigger outside the EU.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wonder why FoxNews is banned in Sweden?

No idea, i cant think of a single idea why..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: redshoes

And who is going to buy your cars, your lights etc? Who owns your manufacturing industries?

Ship your products to America brothers, we'll buy it!
Hopefully you can help edge out the cheap Chinese junk.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: MysticPearl

I am a lefty, but I also believe in governance by the people served by that governance, not by remote officials we cannot reign in when they go against our commands.

We are the power.

You may want to find a new party for you ideals then. Leftism has more or less become exactly what you don't like sadly. Concentration of power in a centralized location and isolated from the regular people with no concern for them except where they claim they are exercising it in service to some mythical "Greater Good" that very often doesn't actually seem to do anyone you or I or anyone else knows any actual, tangible good.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Ship your products to America brothers, we'll buy it!
Hopefully you can help edge out the cheap Chinese junk.

Husband just left to go to his job ... at a German owned company. He is anticipating lots of politics today, both corporate as the EU has allowed them to expand globally and locally. He expects an interesting day on the job.

Not to mention lots of scambling on the part of Reg. Affairs as they are now going to have to start moving the UK over to their "Rest of World" category in anticipation of all that fallout.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

With respect, I think you're misreading the implications of the Brexit result.

At it's heart the brexit vote is a (narrow) victory for nationalism over federalism within the UK. Regardless of the impact on the UK in the long term, less than 10 hours after the result and there are already debates occurring within Northern Ireland and Scotland over partitions. Spain already raised the question of Gibraltar again this morning.

The pound is in decline, and will continue to be weak until the mess has been sorted out. That wipes out billions from the UK budget. At the moment the UK subsidises the northern Ireland parliament to a tune of £6 billion a year. The northern Irish economy is soundly based on agriculture, which is again heavily subsidised by the EU. Sinn Fein has become the strongest political movement in the island of Ireland, both north and south and has always been their intention to push for a border poll if the brexit vote succeeded and Northern Ireland voted for remain. The Irish republic has the fastest growing economy in Europe and its lead by a minority government with Sinn Fein being the strongest party in opposition. In 1923, the Irish Republic could afford to support Northern Ireland, today, they can, but only with the assistance of the EU subsidies which Britain has decided to forfeit.

We 've already seen in recent times the rise of nationalism throughout Europe, particularly in those areas with their own border disputes and the rise of the far right in some of the biggest nations within Europe. The old relationships and systems that prevented this from spilling over into armed conflict no longer exist, they have been replaced by the EU, which is substantially weakened by this result.

Well said, as much as I hate the EU`s corrupt leadership, i think this was a bad choice for both parties...the UK and EU. Both could now get further reduced while the pressure from other lands looms on Europe, not to mention a possibility of internal conflicts.

I just don`t think it`s the right time for this...or perhaps it is, for warmongers.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Can they hold another referendum down the road to rejoin the EU?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Think the libs are scared now by GB leaving the EU? This signals a Trump victory in Nov., that'll give 'em something to bitch about.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I do not see how the left in the US can put a good spin on this. This bolds well for Trump .. at least at the moment.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, all I have to say about that, is that parties not subsribed to ideals which place the power in the hands of the electorate, are not, by definition left of centre.

Put another way, if I beat a shovel with a hammer until I have a halberd, at some point I have to stop calling it a shovel.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The globalist banker elite are in full damage control mode.

This is the year they fall, we can all hope anyway.

I dont think they will fall .

However i recall several old ats threads about a group of people taking on the bakers that might be interesting to revisit after the brexit and numerous bankers being killed/suicide.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

no.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: UnBreakable

I do not see how the left in the US can put a good spin on this. This bolds well for Trump .. at least at the moment.

Give it a few hours.

The media will spin it so that it'll look like Obama and Hillary were responsible for it and then they'll take credit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join