It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Yen drops from 104 to 100 to the USD. How is your currency doing against the USD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well, one thing is for sure, people living in Japan on US Social Security, well their Yen bank account now collecting US Social Security checks is going to get much smaller.

This news is also good for the Japanese that buy dollars to travel to the US. Watch Japanese investors pouring once again into the US real estate market.
edit on 0600000009302016-06-23T23:30:09-05:00300906pm11 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thanks to Brexit now most major currencies are dropping against the Dollar.

Will be interesting to see what markets look like when they open.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
GBP is down to ~1.35 to the dollar and the British markets are not even open yet.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I honestly think that the UK Markets are going to close and the Bank of England is going to intervene

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Thanks to Brexit now most major currencies are dropping against the Dollar.

Will be interesting to see what markets look like when they open.

Asian markets are open, at least here in Japan. Wasn't long ago the yen was at 114 per USD. Now (today) it sucks. But if I want to travel back to the US this summer, heck it's like 15% cheaper. Hopefully we'll see cheaper gas prices here. Stands about 6 bucks a gallon. Americans complain when it's $2.50 a gallon.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I honestly think that the UK Markets are going to close and the Bank of England is going to intervene

What would be nice is to see who invested into the European money exchange market in the last 6 months.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm in the US. Though, can add that crypto currency Bitcoin has risen from the Brexit fears and is still pretty high compared to prior months. 662. USD to 1BTC

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Holding steady in malaysia at moment , though once the brexit shock wears off it will be once again focus on the 1mdb scandal the dollar will rise more ( the usual corruption in malaysia contrary to the image they try to put on corruption is big problem in malaysia to anyone thinking of making investments in malaysia - DONT unless you like throwing away your hard earned money ). Dollar dropped bit against the singapore dollar but overall its hold steady .

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Long que at moneychangers here everyone buying uk pounds . They all think drop is temporary and that it will go back up .
Off to get cigars as thats what left house for .

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
My currency is volatile as always..

I think it as about $635 at the moment
But I sold for $775+ last week
That I bought for $500- a couple of weeks ago

😎

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm lighting my ciggs with dollar bills

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm lighting my ciggs with dollar bills

Ah, you must be liv'n in Hong Kong.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The U.S. dollar is my currency. It competes with the lint in my pocket but that's it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's murderous out there. If your a player, be prepped for losses but as usual, play the long game.

(grins) But gold has increased.

top topics

join