It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Media Blackout of Brexit LEAVE Vote - Trump?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Maybe US news not covering because they know there will be a revote.

See, the vote should be remain. But, the problem is that people who disagree are always the most active, and people who agree are the most complacent. So, basically, the remainers stayed home, thinking remain was a done deal. And leavers went out to vote, to be heard. So the vote was skewed, by the disproportionate turnout, and leave was the result. I predicted this. The next thing to happen will be shock at the changes from leaving, and everybody will want back in, then, there will be a re-vote, and Brits will rejoin the EU.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I watched Sky News for a few evenings to educate myself on it, and correctly predicted an EXIT vote.

I would have voted the same if it were me.

Also, easy call that it's a plus for Trump....as these things go.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Is the United States of America in some "union" with other countries? Each year during the Presidential address is January, they always say, "The state of our UNION is strong!".

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Dont forget those 'hanging chads" . Oh , wait. Wrong vote , wrong country
Peace,

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

It's been on round the clock here. CNN MSNBC. It wasn't all the news yesterday but there was plenty of coverage.

What would this have to to with the Orange clown?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Nope we're paying attention.
Cameron resigning, Euro stock prices crashing.
Tight vote. Lots of people got out to be heard on this issue.
Some people crying some celebrating.
They're calling it GBs independence day.
Next thing you know it's hotdogs and fireworks.
Let me know if you need a good coleslaw recipe. (Can you get hellmans or best foods mayonnaise there?)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

They are showing it There is no media blackout.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

OMG
we are the UNITED States of America.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

OAN I didn't think anyone watched that? I did for ten minutes once.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You trump supporters are getting more and more paranoid. You are the most vocal against the PC, "snowflakes" etc yet you are one of the loudest whiners on this site.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

There never was a media blackout, unless your TV service was out. In regard to Trump, he blamed Obama for the Leave vote and at the same time praised the Leave vote.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Whaa? It was on ALL night.
From about 12:30 am onward.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I must say though I really do think this is going to be a huge surprise to our American members who have been distracted with American news over the last couple of weeks and might have missed this massive news story.

Most of America no longer gets it's news from mainstream sources, so unless it's plastered all over Facebook, they won't know about it, let alone give a hoot about it, to be perfectly honest.

Seriously, most of my fellow countrymen (the people awake enough to be on this board are exceptions to this rule), simply won't care or feel it has any impact to them, whatsoever. They will continue to graze like sheep until they've been fully led to the slaughterhouse.

As for Trump, not sure how he factors into this at all. Though, a lot more Britons side with him on immigration (while still hating the man)...

I think I've figured it out, to be honest.

The millennials hate bullies. They see Trump, and Hillary as bullies. And they are. Difference is, in a hostile world, those of us in certain generations know it's good to have a bully at the helm now and then to keep some folks in line. It is what it is.

But, they see old, gentle Bernie and long for their safe places and participation trophies. Sorry kids, this is the real world.
The office of being the most powerful man or woman in the world is NOT a job for a B Type employee. Those belong on the Cabinet, not in the big chair......
edit on 24-6-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The poor confused lad.

Amidst the tears and cheers Trump hawks his golf course and hotel.
Katy Tur says he spoke for 10 minutes about his property and when asked finally about brexit he didn't have a ready answer except to say now you can keep the people who aren't like you out of your country.

He also dised Obama while on foreign soil. So not cool.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Is the United States of America in some "union" with other countries? Each year during the Presidential address is January, they always say, "The state of our UNION is strong!".

Yeah, Texas is the most vocal about leaving the Union. Didn't you know Texas was its own country?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That's why I come to ATS to get the news the MSM won't show.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
The vote has been called for around 20-30 minutes. Right now I'm flipping through all of major national news networks (CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC) and the local mains yet no one is covering this vote at all. Do you think this could have something to do with a Brexit LEAVE vote would only help Trump?

I don't think it's a coincidence.

This is one of the most major news stories of our lifetimes. This should be plastered all of the news.

Something smells!

It's all over the damn news.

WTH are you watching?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join