It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It's not a case of whinging. The arguments for Britain leaving the EU and Scotland leaving the UK are very similar. People just seem to want power/authority/sovereignty devolved to a national level and away from structures which are faceless, out of touch and undemocratic. As Englishmen can describe Brussels in such terms, so can many Scots when it comes to Westminster. That's just the way it is.

It's weird, so many people on here were very vocal about the potential consequences to the Scottish economy in the event of an independence Yes vote, yet now they couldn't care less about the the very same consequences, happening right now in tbe City of London as we sit here reading this thread.

I wouldn't dare wish to step down into the gutter you inhabit but some folk on here ... English to a man ... are just two faced gits.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
From what i can tell we are not taking our country back from the Eu because it was ours all along! There has been so much miss information in that whole issue it makes my head spin.

The EU doesnt tell us what to do it just gives directives that we can choose to follow or not.

We will still have to pay to be part of the single market or face massive extra costs for the production of anything we sell in Europe.

What we should have done is just got rid of Cameron and found a better leader that would choose better EU laws for our country.

edit on 24-6-2016 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
If you believe that then you really don't understand what Scotland will take with her when she leaves. You clearly believed the drivvel being punted by Better Together. If Scotland were ever to leave the UK a lot of you would get a wake up call...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
As I've watched this closely here in The Netherlands , I find myself with mixed feelings about it. on another hand, I'm scared what will happen with Europe days to come , and what it will do economically for our country.

But, I also see a progress that we here as in other countries in Europe can go back to a sovereign status. And maybe set up a new independent coalition as it was once before the EU was formed.

I think that our government and those within the EU should now keep their senses to build a constructive and sensible solution about our economy/trade relations. I've heard that Brussels and Belgium Guy Verhofstadt even our own minister Alexander Pechtold a democrat for D66 shouting "that they should leave as fast as possible" A childish reaction IMO .

Geert Wilders says" this is a historic day for Great Brittan and we should be NEXT and calls it an " NEXIT" The polls here are mostly in favour of The British exit .

And I've sensed that we here in The Netherlands could be next to a referendum soon because many here are tired of the EU and its policies.

Well , said that I congratulate The British people for achieving a very important goal. And also give off a sign that whoever is sick of all the elite politicians in Brussels deciding without the votes of the European citizens , can actually ask for a referendum to exit or reform the state the EU now faces and that reforms have to be done very soon .
edit on 0b50America/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 04:32:50 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 04:32:50 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

Get over yourself, the Scots shat it last year and are still whinging so I say do one from the UK if that's what you want.
As I said previously, it won't affect my life in any noticeable way so I don't care. I'm just happy to be out of the EU because my people had the balls to vote leave.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The smell of revolution in the morning. Beats coffee...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So it is written so it shall come to pass.Looks like Spain will make a play for Gibraltar and the markets are in some flux.Certain groups are profiting quite nicely from all this.Now,I must ask my Brit ATS posters what happens if Parliament does not approve it?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Who I find funny are all these people heralding this as a triumph over the NWO (not to be confused by the excellent song by Ministry of the same name). If the NWO really exists do you really think they would let Britain decide if they could exit or remain in the EU with an actual democratic election? If they truly exist they knew the result before the ballot papers were printed and we're all still dancing to their tune.

Deny ignorance, ha ha, that's a laugh...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Who I find funny are all these people heralding this as a triumph over the NWO (not to be confused by the excellent song by Ministry of the same name). If the NWO really exists do you really think they would let Britain decide if they could exit or remain in the EU with an actual democratic election? If they truly exist they knew the result before the ballot papers were printed and we're all still dancing to their tune.

You seem bitter lol...unlucky.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

If you believe that then you really don't understand what Scotland will take with her when she leaves. You clearly believed the drivvel being punted by Better Together. If Scotland were ever to leave the UK a lot of you would get a wake up call...

Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mike dangerously
So it is written so it shall come to pass.Looks like Spain will make a play for Gibraltar and the markets are in some flux.Certain groups are profiting quite nicely from all this.Now,I must ask my Brit ATS posters what happens if Parliament does not approve it?

The biggest series of riots you might have ever seen.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
my hat is off to the brave ppl of Britain who had the courage to stand up against the Bilderbergers.
It will be a tough time ahead with alot of PRS from the globalists to get them back into the EU.

Keep fighting this evil and never quit my friends!

This is a great day in history!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.

Ah bollocks, you shat it last year when y'all voted to stay in the UK, do one, not many people care south of Hadrian's wall.
Cowards.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

To err is to be human. If the "NWO", the ever so ominous "they", exist it is likely they are human.

It is hard to say if either outcome was more engineered than another and it will be hard to say how concretely letting UK leave the EU was part of the "plan", or if it was just a minor step with branching possibilities that will ultimately not matter in the end.

Perhaps this was all part of the plan or will have no real effect on the plan.

Or maybe our brothers and sisters in the UK caught them sleeping and DID score a victory.

Conspiracy angle aside, lots of predictions about success and failures have been made for both scenarios. Only time will tell what was ultimately the best choice or if the choices mattered at all.

For those that scored that victory, it is not a time to become complacent but they should certainly be allowed to celebrate unless a time comes when that victory begins to ring hollow to the victors.

In the least, the result was unexpected, IMO. For the reason you state, I didn't think "they" would let it happen. Hoping it all is for the best!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I have strongly mixed feelings.
From a European standpoint, it's a nightmare. The status quo is in danger.
Turbulent times, the right immediately jumping on the bandwagon.
Russia is happy. Don't know if that's a good sign.
But the least the EU should do, is make a decisive step towards the left, workers, the neglected ones in the middle. Those are the ones you want to impress.
Make politics with content. Not faces.
And after that let the others decide too.
That will be inevitable.
The UK will be fine, while the EU has to deal with its fragility, they have time to make preparations for deals with the US, Australia, etc.
The best outcome is it will be the end of neoliberalism in Europe. The worst it will be the end of Europe.
But thanks for the bold decision, you opened the doors for big changes for all of us.

Just now stay strong and don't settle for the Norwegian deal.

edit on 24-6-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well i voted remain due to how much better working conditions got under the european directives, but in my heart i was voting out anyway, so im happy enough.

When Obama said we'd be at the back of the queue for trade was a big instigator that way for me. Was a proper prick statement. Sure he'll be happy to take a few soldiers for a proxy war somewhere im sure. F# him.

Watching the know-nothings on tv instilling panic among people my age and younger is a bore.

It will fall and bounce as EVERYTHING does in a crisis. Anyone remember too big to fail? We're a little bigger than a bank.

5th biggest economy means anyone who trades with us has a huge hole if they don't sort it. 2 years and 6 months at minimum till we leave, so it'll be smooth as silk.

Let the schmoozers walk on with their waffle. Work on Monday.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Kinda proves it's a market built on speculation imho. The vote is historic, yes. The first next step is the 2 year planning period for the trade agreements, etc to be analyzed and rewritten. As I understand it, nothing really changes until the planning is done...

I may have mis-heard, so please corrct me if needed.

Anywho, I say 'Congrats!'

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWisestCumbrian
Well i voted remain due to how much better working conditions got under the european directives, but in my heart i was voting out anyway, so im happy enough.

When Obama said we'd be at the back of the queue for trade was a big instigator that way for me. Was a proper prick statement. Sure he'll be happy to take a few soldiers for a proxy war somewhere im sure. F# him.

Watching the know-nothings on tv instilling panic among people my age and younger is a bore.

It will fall and bounce as EVERYTHING does in a crisis. Anyone remember too big to fail? We're a little bigger than a bank.

5th biggest economy means anyone who trades with us has a huge hole if they don't sort it. 2 years and 6 months at minimum till we leave, so it'll be smooth as silk.

Let the schmoozers walk on with their waffle. Work on Monday.

The problem is that our economy is built on the service industry, predominantly financial services. European trade was only based predominantly in the City because of EU agreements with Paris and Frankfurt. Now we are no longer in the club, why would Paris and Frankfurt agree to let London remain the hub? That will cause a huge hit, there is no getting away from that.

On the flip side, some of the big institutions, such as Deutsche Bank, predict a wage cut of up to 80% for city workers that have to relocate to Paris or Frankfurt so here is hoping bankers greed causes a deal to be chiselled out!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK You sure they won't muddy the waters so much that everyone blames each other and those riots are against your fellows?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Yeah i see that. And Paris has just built a new financial centre in anticipation, but they may well be out next. I hope we haven't destroyed it, but it is their decision which is certainly democracy.

Also from what i see now, some of the banks are saying they may have to move some people. Before they were saying they were moving the whole lot on a brexit. London also has the effect of its reputation which shouldn't be underestimated.

If Farage was in favour, i suspect that the bankers/investors stand to do rather well

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join