It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: slider1982

If you do not think a lawyer could find a connection between the Brexit vote, her home country (UK) and the timing of the release from her role then it is a very naive way of looking at it.

I never said that. I am the one who recommended she Lawyer Up and she has.

However, I refer you to this article from the Spanish PM before the vote: Source

Leaving the European Union would mean that British citizens would lose their right to move freely, work and do business

So it seems the Spanish government has the intent to pressure British Cits for the vote. The Brexit vote definitely means nothing right now, and if enough Cits pressure they government they will find a way to nullify it. They already are doing just that..

Indeed "when" we leave the EU it could or will affect freedom of movement, at the moment NOTHING has changed she is unjustly losing her job and it will be viewed in court as being against her cultural heritage (at this point in time).. She has a massive case here for unfair dismissal. If the lawyer says otherwise then get a new lawyer..

It would be like a building firm in the UK sacking all their Polish staff now to hedge their bets for the Brexit out come it would not fly one bit. They would be open to massive claims for unfair dismissal, a governed time frame would need to be put in place and proper regulation regarding repatriation of migrants would have to pass either for the UK to start the process or on the other side the EU. I know a number of people living and working in Majorca (spainish island) it would be like the local police going to their home and frog patching them to a plane, under what guidelines are they following> and what legislation is in place?..

Can anyone post a link to this "actually" happening right now across the euro zone??.. Anyone? Al, I have read is "if" "but's" and "maybe"

RA
edit on 30-6-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What happens when these pensioners and the others who voted to leave find out it's a non-binding vote? They will blame the young.Which is what most of these gits in Parliament will convince them to do.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mike dangerously
What happens when these pensioners and the others who voted to leave find out it's a non-binding vote? They will blame the young.Which is what most of these gits in Parliament will convince them to do.

Well considering most of the "young" were not bothered to vote, I doubt they will notice what's going on around them as they sit playing on their iPhones.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Well considering most of the "young" were not bothered to vote, I doubt they will notice what's going on around them as they sit playing on their iPhones.

They'll notice when they are told to shut the # up and stack the shelves for a pittance or for nothing on workfare.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

So old people blaming young people, that'll make a change. Maybe they can tell us how hard they had it as youngsters too. Or how what the kids listen to now is not music, but noise and their hair is too long. same as it ever was . Same as it ever was. One of the few benefits of getting old I guess

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Well, people have to start somewhere in employment.

Youth unemployment is really quite bad in some EU countries e.g. 45% in Spain, 40% in Italy. France is a bit better at 25%. At least in the UK it’s bearable at 13%. Youth unemployment in the EU is a sign of real failure of economic policies of the EU as a whole, and the nations individually. Germany does well out of it though.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Well, people have to start somewhere in employment.

Youth unemployment is really quite bad in some EU countries e.g. 45% in Spain, 40% in Italy. France is a bit better at 25%. At least in the UK it’s bearable at 13%. Youth unemployment in the EU is a sign of real failure of economic policies of the EU as a whole, and the nations individually. Germany does well out of it though.

I'm old enough to remember when you left School you picked your trade..ok, maybe not that old but bear with me.

When you left School in the 50 and 60's you picked your trade. Then later you needed O Levels to pick your trade.

If you stayed on for A Levels,(Highers) you could go into banking or something other than joinery plumbing or welding say, Then if you stayed on at school, got your highers and went to uni you were guaranteed a good job with a good company.

Now if you get your O levels, A levels, Uni education you will still be stacking #ing shelves in your early 20's.
edit on 1-7-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

the ark royal is currently getting built in rosyth , not seeing that stopping any time soon
I went over the forth bridge last week and there it is sitting in dock being welded

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Youth unemployment is really quite bad in some EU countries e.g. 45% in Spain, 40% in Italy.

Those countries in many parts are not developed enough to have moved out of their traditional agricultural background. Spain and Italy got into industry late but it's never going to employ the masses like in UK and Germany. Those masses of youth should be picking olives or oranges from the trees and herding goats. These were outside the cities very ancient societies and there is no way the modern world can employ all the youth or adults. A move back to semi subsistance farming in these places is desirable, throw in France there too which always had a large agricultural sector employing millions and millions. Eastern europe is always going to attract the new start ups and the Romance zones need a switch back to their traditional lives.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This may also be a way of moving forward and backwards at the same time. Many places on planet Earth need to follow the same route.

edit on 1-7-2016 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoloprotocolNow if you get your O levels, A levels, Uni education you will still be stacking #ing shelves in your early 20's.

Well, like I said people have to start in employment somewhere. Not everyone can leave school and go into their career-dream job from day one. Most have to work for it. If there is a fault of the education system is that it seems to breed false expectation into the young that they can get everything with very little effort. However, at least in the UK you can get a job!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
heatst.com...

More front of the line than back of the queue.

It's good to have friends.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This just belongs here...

Where the Flux is Brexit

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agnost
This just belongs here...

Where the Flux is Brexit

Cheers!

That was class.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

What do you mean by 'these pensioners and the others'?. People of all ages, all incomes, all races in the UK and all education
levels voted in their millions to leave.
You need to learn some facts.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
UK isn't leaving EU. Lol hilarious. Already everyone's regretting it, pound is down, businesses closing, leavers wanting to time travel to vote remain.
All the ukip rats have bailed the Brexit ship... Farage included.
If it were to happen I'd be a downgrade of epic proportions. All the EU rules for market access, movement of people etc and no say in it. Lol
edit on 5-7-2016 by IVANV because: (no reason given)

And if you think for one second you dint need the market access then I hope you're prepared to dig till you hit China... That's how deep you'll need to go to get all the resources.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IVANV

Must be a good brew they've been serving to und your way.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: IVANV

Must be a good brew they've been serving to und your way.

I think it's trying to communicate... ATS, what should we do ?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So glad to see that John Bull found his cojones again.

Buckle up, it's going to be a rough ride.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
maybe this should be in another forum but here goes ..... im going to make a prediction ...

we will have a remain government (labour or tory although most likely tory) ... they will negotiate really badly (although pretend to be doing their best) and come up with a deal with the EU that is so bad that they use it as an excuse for another referendum ... we will all be scared and will vote to remain

I my friends will continue to vote leave ... democracy is more important to me that the pennies in my pocket, or at least the fear of having less pennies in my pocket .... I wish Tony Benn was still alive ...

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join