It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Temporary clown issues will be ironed out...don't fret pet x

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Whatever, you lost on Thursday, unlucky, Wales and England have balls.

And England getting Boris Johnson as Leader is a Win Win..?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Some of you here know that I am Italian (Turin) but the UK have been my home for 21 years. Even though Brexit does not affect me or my children's status here, I was pro-remain as the uncertainty of the future is quite worrisome. Then yesterday I watched this guy on the Italian telly and here is a translated youtube video that some of you may find very interesting, he explains how Brexit is not a mistake. Italy has been wanting to leave the EU for years, but their economy could not back it up right now. If you have 5 minutes please watch the video and see what you think:

link   
Double post
edit on 26-6-2016 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

link   
Hey everyone! I'm new to ATS. This is my first post. I love this site. To give you some context about me, I tend to look at events through a propaganda lens.

I'm worried that Brexit is a big advertising campaign for Global government. We've seen Donald Trump master the whole "any press is good press" concept. Regardless of the overall feeling people have regarding global government presently, the idea of it being acceptable and real is being seeded in a larger portion of the collective consciousness. Just like governments are constantly trying to win public support for war, this could be part of a larger propaganda campaign to win support for global government in various countries. Here's why I think that.

There was a story over here (U.S.) about the top Google Trends searches in the UK being "What is the EU?" and "What happens if we leave the EU?"...stuff like that. The search data may or may not have been manipulated, I don't know. The story got my attention because the top trending searches on Google don't usually make news. I'm sure the tops Google trends after the Orlando shooting were all about guns, but I don't remember seeing a story specifically about how people were searching Google for information about guns.

I think the story was propaganda piece. I think it was presented in the American press to cause Americans to go online and search the same terms so that favorable information about an international governing body could be seeded into their consciousness. I tested it. The information was favorable. More on that in a second. This, combined with the 24/7 news about Brexit presented the debate of, "Global government vs Sovereignty" to a broad mainstream audience in the United States. This safely, within a context that's relevant to people's everyday lives, presented the idea that maybe a one world government (obviously they didn't use that term) is best.

The media coverage of Brexit in America made a first impression and created a reference point for Americans. The next time the news cycle is dominated by major questions regarding how much we should sacrifice for the sake of what will be referred to as a "peaceful global order", people will have a vivid reference point in Brexit. How they think and feel about the issue will be based on the impression left on them by the media's coverage of Brexit as well as what they learned during their own subsequent research. The impression forming process has started. What happens from here will ultimately shape that reference point.

Back to the Google Trends story. We like to find things out for ourselves, through our own research. This gives us the feeling that the decision we make is our own. Propagandists try to manipulate this human quality all the time. That's what I think the story about Google Trends was for. It was a prompt to cause people to do their own due diligence and come to their own conclusions. The problem is that if they know what terms people are going to search, and they can manipulate what shows up in the search, they can make sure that people find the information they want them to find.

I searched "What is the EU?" to see what my first impression would be if I knew nothing about world governing organizations. At the top of the search results was a link to a BBC guide to what the EU is and how it works. The first thing you see once you scroll down a little is this,

"The European Union grew out of a desire for peace in a war-torn and divided continent. Five years after World War II ended, France and Germany came up with a plan to ensure their two countries would never go to war against each other again. The result was a deal signed by six nations to pool their coal and steel resources in 1950."

For anyone who is learning about these types of organizations for the first time they get a positive impression. The EU keeps people safe from war....which because of the circumstances, implies that those breaking from free it are a threat to peace. The next link was from Vox if I remember correctly. (It could be different now) It goes through the potential fall out which would create anxiety for anyone who lives in a country facing similar circumstances. Right off the bat, someone forming a first impression is presented with favorable information about the EU that appeals to the basic human needs of survival and security. Right after that, if they continue searching, they're presented with information that predicts uncertainty and insecurity as a result of leaving the EU.....two things humans innately fear.

The globalists could be trying to create the perception that sovereignty is the enemy, and a united global front is the only way to stop it. If that's the case, the media over here will be reporting and dramatizing every crisis of significance that occurs in the UK, linking the causes of them to Bexit (whether true or not) and questioning if the exit was the right move. And the media will report very little of the positive outcomes that result from the exit. Those will be largely ignored. This all assumes that the exit does in fact move forward....which it might not. My guess is that it will though.

If it doesn't move forward, at the very least, a broader audience has been made aware of the concept of world government, making it easier for there to be a public conversation about it, and making it easier for the public to be persuaded into wanting it. Although, their tactics are becoming less and less effective. I could be way off. Bexit could very well be a result of people seeing through the propaganda and fighting it.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Yes i know, but this is hardly a debating point in my view when it comes to 'in or out'.
Anyway, here is a little docu about this issue.

Certainly something that angers people but the referendum is about the future of the UK and should not be based on anger but on rationality.
The point i made is that the UK has always been a part of the EU with lots of influence, not only through the leader or MEPs, but also in lobbying.
This will not dissapear, now the lobby will be in the UK itself and international businesses will likely move to main land in order to avoid trade barriers and have the same benefits as they had when the UK was a part of the EU.

In my view this is hardly something to cheer about, certainly when one considers that unemployment will rise as a consequence of this and the political/economical instability in the coming years.
Moreover, the UK has to negotiate a deal with the EU in order to export its goods.
If this vote has been anti establishment and EU, it is simply irrational because the UK is as much establishment and EU as the rest of Europe until Article 50 is activated and the brexit a fact.

We dutch people are also quite anti EU in its current form, but there is more to gain to seek companions in other member states in order to change it for the better than to shoot our self in the foot.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

The fact that the vote was fairly close should tell the politicians something very important.

Can't agree more. Basically, half of the people said yes, half no. It will be quite a challenge for the politicians that take over, to work on a common project, one that convinces the bigger part of the British population.

And now Scotland or wants to leave the UK & join the EU and/or might block the Brexit... Political parties are deeply divided. From the EU they say: ok, let's get it over with now, in the UK they say let's do this slowly.

It's a mess, to say the least.

On an issue as big as this, I don't think that just designating a new PM will suffice.

Rather than that, parties should formulate precisely what they stand for (possibly splitting labour and conservative): EU yes/no per region, and general elections should be called for.

As for the EU, I sincerly hope the 2 Councils, the Commission and the Parliament are hearing the alarm bells /wake up calls.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
a reply to: 83Liberty

We dutch people are also quite anti EU in its current form, but there is more to gain to seek companions in other member states in order to change it for the better than to shoot our self in the foot.

Yeah, But the Dutch dont and never have had a stick up there arses like the English do. They still believe they won the War...single handedly ffs. Westminster has collapsed, The rats are jumping ship and blaming each other by the #load.

They never planned for a Exit and they sure as # dont have a plan B by the looks of it. Never mind, Keep calm and point the Finger boys. Your Country is in total political turmoil.

In a few months not only will England be back sucking Merkels German tits they will be paying big time for the pleasure. Little englands lips will look like a Bedouin's Bawsack skin by the time she is finished with them.

The War is over Scotland has Won, Independence from Engerluund here we come.... hahahahaha
edit on 26-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

But when you go who are you going to blame for everything?.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yup many of us saw through the lies and did what is right for the UK. If some want to leave please do I hope the Scotts leave so we can invade again in a few years that will piss em off.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Some of you here know that I am Italian (Turin) but the UK have been my home for 21 years. Even though Brexit does not affect me or my children's status here, I was pro-remain as the uncertainty of the future is quite worrisome. Then yesterday I watched this guy on the Italian telly and here is a translated youtube video that some of you may find very interesting, he explains how Brexit is not a mistake. Italy has been wanting to leave the EU for years, but their economy could not back it up right now. If you have 5 minutes please watch the video and see what you think:

I think any other EU country that leaves should band together with us and form a new TRADE ONLY union that is flexible, robust and fair.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Johnnyblastoff03
I searched "What is the EU?" to see what my first impression would be if I knew nothing about world governing organizations. At the top of the search results was a link to a BBC guide to what the EU is and how it works. The first thing you see once you scroll down a little is this,

"The European Union grew out of a desire for peace in a war-torn and divided continent. Five years after World War II ended, France and Germany came up with a plan to ensure their two countries would never go to war against each other again. The result was a deal signed by six nations to pool their coal and steel resources in 1950."

That wasn't the EU. That was the European Coal and Steel Community. The purpose was to provide a common market for resources, thereby removing a primary reason for conflict in the past.

The ECSC, EEC, and some other entities, all went through various permutations before the EU was born in the early 1990s.

This is one of the underlying issues. We had a referendum and agreed to the EEC in the 70's. We were never asked if we agreed with what it had become. Well, not until last Thursday. As it turns out, we're not really happy with what it became. I suspect we're not the only ones.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

We can assure you it wont be the Migrants, The refugees, the Sick, Disabled and the unemployed. The question is. Who's left to blame in England.?

This site is glitching like # today...I'm not even going to bother deleting the double, triple posts.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ahahahahahahaha...Mugs.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

We can assure you it wont be the Migrants, The refugees, the Sick, Disabled and the unemployed. The question is. Who's left to blame in England.
Banksters? ...the same folk who'd # your tiny nation up if they had the opportunity.
edit on 26.6.2016 by grainofsand because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have a cunning plan..A plan so cunning we havn't even planned it yet.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
C'mon guys. That's 3 days and you still havn't invoked article 50 yet, What's the hold up...Shat it already.?

You sign it..No, you sign it...
No you sign it, it was you who wanted it....

We'll i'm not signing it because he wanted it before me...did i # want it first, it was you who wanted to leave before i did, no it was you wanted it first then you made me want it too...

Well, i'm not #ing signing it as i didn't want it in the first place....#ing sign it!!!!!...

I dont want to..A big boy made me do it...sniff sniff.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Scotland's new flag.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

That was a really good video and perhaps one that the bigwigs in the EU ought to watch, lest they lose the whole EU.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The War is over Scotland has Won, Independence from Engerluund here we come.... hahahahaha

Be careful what you wish for......

Independence from England only replaced with disappearing as a total irrelevance under the centralised Brussels that seeks to eliminate nationhood in its strive towards dictatorship and a globalised NWO.

Good luck with all that, the powers you now have with Holyrood will be looked upon as some sort of Halcyon Days as you fade away into total obscurity in the EU hinterland.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join