It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: B14ckC47
Northern Ireland has always shown that it does not want to be part of a united Ireland. That is the only reason why the counties were detached in the first place.
No, if Ulster is going to look for a way to remain in the EU, the natural, logistical connection is with Scotland.

If you want the troubles to become an all out civil war then this is the best way to do it reunification with Ireland.I don't think England would let the plantation go so easily.
edit on 093030p://1226 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously
England would have done, in 1914. Only the threat of violence in the north was holding them back.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

It is meant as a show to force through long needed reforms to the EU....in my humble opinion
Countries are already saying quite loudly that this has shown reforms are needed
Once that's done...we'll be back in...if we ever actually leave which I doubt

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The scenario on relying on funding would not have happened had we not started the ridiculous trading of our resources such as importing foreign coal etc which decimated our mining industry, importing steel which did the same to British Steel and subsidising our farmers because prices were set in Brussels and import quotas forced upon us

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

The scenario on relying on funding would not have happened had we not started the ridiculous trading of our resources such as importing foreign coal etc which decimated our mining industry, importing steel which did the same to British Steel and subsidising our farmers because prices were set in Brussels and import quotas forced upon us

Don't forget the fishing industry .

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

We wouldn't have needed to import foreign coal and steel if the UK government had backed both industries they way they freely backed the Banks in 2008.

I heard an interesting comment from a farmer on BBC radio yesterday. He believes the price of beef are too low and the wives of the UK should be paying more. I dont know about you, but the last time i checked we in the UK pay waaay over the odds for meat. £7-£8 for 1lb of sirlion steak and the greedy bastards want more. ?

Farmers and fishermen plead poverty. The reality is they do very well in life compared to the rest of us. Very well indeed.

I wonder how the Farmers will cope now they dont have EU subsidies to fall back on. A typical large farm/land owner could easily make £150k a year in EU subsidies alone.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

He believes the price of beef are too low and the wives of the UK should be paying more
Is that female wives only? What about single people?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Add on the wind turbines and the telephone masts , they must be taking the piss.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

He believes the price of beef are too low and the wives of the UK should be paying more

What about those who wear frocks but have cox

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Quite it is possible perhaps that the fishing industry when untied from the quotas of Brussels etc could recover and therefore the ship building industry too. There are possiblities galore if handled correctly and sensibly as I've said on another post....if we stop being forced to import coal maybe mines could re-open, perhaps Trade Unions could have some clout and actually protect their members..the workers....instead of being pen pushing nobodies....maybe if foreign workers were limited our own nurses could get a job at the end of their training instead of being either forced into the private sector or leaving the country.

It could go really really well after time....it could also go tits up....and it could also go the way I believe it was intended...a nice little show to push the EU into reforms whereby the UK doesn't actually invoke Article 50 at all and remains in the newly styled EU

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I'm just quoting what the guy said...He definitely said.."The British housewife should be paying more for his produce".

Can we agree that the "Paying More" is the most important issue here.?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Actually, I'm not sure it is.
That sounds like something a politician from America in 1958 would say.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Actually, I'm not sure it is.
That sounds like something a politician from America in 1958 would say.

It was a Farmer saying it. When was the last time you saw a Farmer out shopping. ?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Can't say. Round here they don't wear signs.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lol, I thought the same thing...'wives paying to much' Bahahaha, who says # like that these days?!

link   

Can't say. Round here they don't wear signs.

Cow # covered Wellington boots and cow # covered overalls ARE the signs.

Oh, And 4x4 Land Rovers.

link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Phage

Lol, I thought the same thing...'wives paying to much' Bahahaha, who says # like that these days?!

Farmers apparently.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Whatever, you lost on Thursday, unlucky, Wales and England have balls.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Denoli

Quite it is possible perhaps that the fishing industry when untied from the quotas of Brussels etc could recover and therefore the ship building industry too. There are possiblities galore if handled correctly and sensibly as I've said on another post....if we stop being forced to import coal maybe mines could re-open, perhaps Trade Unions could have some clout and actually protect their members..the workers....instead of being pen pushing nobodies....maybe if foreign workers were limited our own nurses could get a job at the end of their training instead of being either forced into the private sector or leaving the country.

It could go really really well after time....it could also go tits up....and it could also go the way I believe it was intended...a nice little show to push the EU into reforms whereby the UK doesn't actually invoke Article 50 at all and remains in the newly styled EU

Totally agree , my city used to have about 15,000 fisherman now we have a couple of hundred at best , and shipyards closed.

What you need is investment and development to get these things possible and not some factory in Poland .

And if it does go tits up , at least we did it ourselves and Brussels didn't do it an our behalf .

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Whatever, you lost on Thursday, unlucky, Wales and England have balls.

And England getting Boris Johnson as Leader is a Win Win..?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join