It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I've seen you post this clip before and seems to have caught the zeitgeist once again.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Good luck with that.

Both Spain and Belgium would block an independent Scotland's application to join the European Union, a former president of the EU's finance council has predicted
[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11054187/Spain-and-Belgium-would-veto-an-independent-Scotlands-EU-membership.html[/u rl]

Sturgeon seems to think she can just walk straight into the EU if she gets independence , you could be left out in the cold.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: crazyewok

I've seen you post this clip before and seems to have caught the zeitgeist once again.

Im sorry but I have never been anti immigration.

Im all for it as long as its done in a sensible fashion .
Infact I hope leaving the EU we can encourage immigration of skilled nurses and doctors from around the world rather than relying on pot luck free for all immigration.

There is a huge area between complete open borders and north korean isolation.

It does not help anyone, british or immigrants if the hospital, schools and social services are not there to support the numbers.
Immigration has to match the capacity of UK services.
Why is that a hard concept to understand?

Plus its neither here or there on my comment.

My point was calling people racist and dismissing peoples concerns rather than adress only alienated people and pushed them to vote leave.

If the government along with support of the EU pledged to have initiated a crash building project of schools, low income housing and hospitals to meet immigration demand, that may have gone along way in helping the remain campaign. .......alas you focused on petty insults and crying racist while brussels dithered, wasted time and procrastinated....

edit on 25-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Good luck with that.

Both Spain and Belgium would block an independent Scotland's application to join the European Union, a former president of the EU's finance council has predicted
[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11054187/Spain-and-Belgium-would-veto-an-independent-Scotlands-EU-membership.html[/u rl]

From your own post...Btw the way which is dated 5:00AM BST 25 Aug 2014..

a former president of the EU's finance council has predicted

Former nobody's with wildly inaccurate predictions dont means #.

I'll see your former "Mystery man". and raise you a Real Guy..Manfred Weber

Speaking to reporters on Friday morning, Mr Weber criticised the decision for Britain to leave but added: “On the Scottish level: to go the other way, it is up to them. Europe is open to new member states, that is totally clear. Those who want to stay are welcome in the European Union.” Mr Weber, who leads the centre right EPP group in the European Parliament, also called on the British government to trigger Article 50 – which officially begins the process of leaving the EU – immediately.

edit on 25-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think there should be another petition. This one could insist that Parliament abide by the voters' wishes.

If the "remain" camp won and "leave" wanted a re-vote, "remain" would cry foul. Hypocrites!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Wonders of democracy..

And ppl cant just go "we want a re-vote" every time they lose an election...
Its extremely childish and quite pathetic.
You voted, ya lost, deal with it. Dont go QQing about wanting a re-vote.
You accepted democracy, so now deal with it.

A completely and utterly failz0r system

Besides, whoever counts the votes makes the decisions anyway. Just look at the GWB re-election....

It doesnt matter what you vote, its already decided.

This is obviously meant to cause disruption in the economy and in the EU as a whole; and perhaps UK will become the starting point of the NWO and closing borders, martial law, all of it

Maybe 5-10 years in the future from now though..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

Also If we followed the rules what the creator of the petition wants we would be having Brexit referendums every ruddy week for years because we will never get 75% turn out rate and a 65% majority.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

originally posted by: TheWisestCumbrian
a reply to: Mclaneinc
It is just a bit unfortunate the age discrepancy in the voting. The younger generation live longer with a decision they didnt make.

A fair few will qualify and emigrate i would imagine

Independence Day will go down in history as one of the greatest achievements for democracy and the people and once again show the Brits leading the way!

This hyperbole is hilarious. With the way some of you English talk, you'd think you just won a war or threw off the yoke of some evil conquering empire.

So you voted out of the EU, great. But London is still the center of global finance, you're one of the wealthiest and most powerful countries on earth with some of the highest living standards. Life really wasn't tough for you to begin with. Pat yourselves on the back all you like, but know that people are laughing at you.

edit on 25-6-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Who you? I have not seen nor heard of anyone laughing at us nor the result.
Where do you hail from?.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Well, I guess I can only speak for myself, but I'm not laughing at the result, I'm laughing at all the bombastic self-praise. Like I said, you'd think you just won a war or something.

Why does it matter who I am or where I'm from?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What is annoying is that the London voters of which I'm considered one voted in general to remain (which I and my wife didn't) so all these London voters think they are entitled to change the deal because they feel more EU than other places in the UK,

(the Scottish agenda is different from the London one in many ways)

Now if I remember clearly we voted as a British nation so what the overall score counts and not what some spoilt beggars / yuppies believe is their right.

The BBC in the UK is now using a picture taken over a week ago of some LGBT professional activists as proof that we want a 2nd referendum.

Utter media lies and madness..

First, we have the EU telling us what to do and now we have young people under the voting age with zero life experience following social media as their bible telling us we are all bigots and racist...

I have a 16yr old girl daughter and I love her to bits and she's bright as a button (and thankfully staying clear of this media madness) but as bright as she is she does not have life experience and in cases of votes like this it is crucial to have some form of experience to understand the whole picture..

edit on 25-6-2016 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

There going to get their new vote, I would bet

Just like the 2008 bailout with Tarp

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
2nd,
"They" could keep voting until they get the results they want.
Either a fractured UK or a United EU
a second vote after a year or two of economic punishment and media conditioning.
Unless it domino's, in which case it's going global.
With the fifth largest economy out of the EU,Were in for another 2008 regardless.
edit on 25-6-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

It is just a bit unfortunate the age discrepancy in the voting. The younger generation live longer with a decision they didnt make.

Independence Day will go down in history as one of the greatest achievements for democracy and the people and once again show the Brits leading the way!

This hyperbole is hilarious. With the way some of you English talk, you'd think you just won a war or threw off the yoke of some evil conquering empire.

So you voted out of the EU, great. But London is still the center of global finance, you're one of the wealthiest and most powerful countries on earth with some of the highest living standards. Life really wasn't tough for you to begin with. Pat yourselves on the back all you like, but know that people are laughing at you.

You're entitled to your opinion but some of us do feel like we have just won a war.
We didn't use any violence, just our democratic right.

I honestly do believe we have saved our country from becoming apart of the United States of Europe. I believe the direction the EU is going and it's solutions to problems is mind boggling at times. We and the rest of Europe are better off without this undemocratic gravy train for the rich.

Don't sound so sour and be happy for us!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

London isn't England or the UK. And just because the investment bankers are earning megabucks doesn't mean everyone else in the country or city is that wealthy. Most of the population across the country only earn £25K as a worker, or £45K as a manager. This is what riles people up. London bankers make their fortune and then buy up second homes in the countryside jacking up property prices for everyone else. Some parts of the country have seen salaries fall due to competition from migrants.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: gortex

Good luck with that.

From your own post...Btw the way which is dated 5:00AM BST 25 Aug 2014..

a former president of the EU's finance council has predicted

Former nobody's with wildly inaccurate predictions dont means #.

I'll see your former "Mystery man". and raise you a Real Guy..Manfred Weber

Speaking to reporters on Friday morning, Mr Weber criticised the decision for Britain to leave but added: “On the Scottish level: to go the other way, it is up to them. Europe is open to new member states, that is totally clear. Those who want to stay are welcome in the European Union.” Mr Weber, who leads the centre right EPP group in the European Parliament, also called on the British government to trigger Article 50 – which officially begins the process of leaving the EU – immediately.

It's going to be insanity when Scotland, Wales and Ireland are members of the EU and subject to restrictions on the availability of consumer products dictated by the EU.

Meanwhile England will have free access to all the markets across the world. If Scotland decided to join the Schengen zone, then border passport controls would have to be set up at the Scottish Border.
There will be a black market of smugglers sailing boats between the village ports of the two countries.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

London isn't England or the UK. And just because the investment bankers are earning megabucks doesn't mean everyone else in the country or city is that wealthy. Most of the population across the country only earn £25K as a worker, or £45K as a manager. This is what riles people up. London bankers make their fortune and then buy up second homes in the countryside jacking up property prices for everyone else. Some parts of the country have seen salaries fall due to competition from migrants.

True enough, London is essentially a globalist outpost right in the middle of a country that they could probably care less about.

Still there are some "runoff" benefits, just like Americans have.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Sorry, but i have to react to this.
It is not a train for the rich, it is a unity, a trade block with shared laws on trade and no borders between member states.
The European council that consists of the leaders from the 28 member states who decide on priorities and policies of the EU and which measures must be taken.
Than there is the European commission which consists of euro commissioners from 28 member states, the EC works out the initiatives for EU laws and policies which were agreed up on in the European council, and put them forward in the european parlement where it is voted in to law.
The european parlement consists of politicians chosen in each member state.

This obviously means, the UK was and is a part of the EU, together with Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg they were the founding fathers of the EU.
If new policies and laws are made, it is our leaders, commissioners and politicians who make them and vote on them.

This is why the Brits are fooled by their own politicians, the EU is not something out there opposed to the UK, the UK is a large part of the EU and has big influence, well.. had.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Maybe worthy of a thread in itself, but there's some comment in Scotland tonight about the Scottish Parliament having a legislative veto over the UK's withdrawal from the EU.

Specifically it relates to clause 29 in the Scotland Act 1998 which requires Scottish legislation not to be incompatible with EU law (otherwise the Scottish legislation is regarded as invalid). To cut a long story short, Scots lawyers are suggesting that :-

(1.) The Scottish Parliament is obliged to give it's consent to EU law being extinguished in Scotland, otherwise EU legislation remains active.

(2.) Scottish constitutional law could well regard the Scottish people & the Scottish Parliament as being sovereign in this particular matter, not Westminster. In the case of McCormick versus Lord Advocate, 1953, the judgment included the observation that "the principle of unlimited sovereignty of [the Westminster] Parliament is a distinctively English principle and has no counterpart in Scottish constitutional law". Basically means if Westminster legislates to Brexit, the Scots don't need to follow suit because their electorate voted to remain in the EU ... how the EU would regard that I have no idea.

Would it be possible for Scotland to remain in both the UK and the EU ?
edit on 25-6-2016 by TheShippingForecast because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
It is not a train for the rich

Sorry I disagree.
More than one in five European Union officials, that's more than ten thousand officials, get paid more than our Prime Minister. European Officials have special low tax rates and have one of the most ludicrously generous pension packages in the world. They are constantly lobbied by thousands of big businesses and corporations.

This is why the Brits are fooled by their own politicians, the EU is not something out there opposed to the UK, the UK is a large part of the EU and has big influence, well.. had.

There are 28 member states, so we get 1 vote out of 28 (less than 4% influence).
We have 73 MEPs out of 751 (less than 10% influence) in the European Parliament.

Also look at David Cameron's negotiation folly.

Anyway I don't want influence to rule over other Europeans citizens, they should decide their own futures via a democratically elected government in their own country and not have to compromise with 27 other countries.

edit on 83102bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 25 Jun 2016 21:02:33 -05003016 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join