It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Just as well Germany aren't running the EU or that comparison would be scary.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
More Than 1.5 Million Britons Are Demanding A Second EU Referendum

Calls for the United Kingdom to hold a second referendum on its membership of the European Union are growing.

A petition demanding a rerun of Thursday’s vote which resulted in the British exit, dubbed a “Brexit,” after the “leave” campaign won 51.9 percent to Remain’s 48.1 percent, had garnered nearly 1.5 million signatures by Saturday morning.

It ain't over yet

The Globalist strike back

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This is what I was afraid of happening. The globalists can't understand what occurred because they were convinced and made sure a remain "vote" was a shoe-in.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It ain't over yet

Some people who don't like the result want to overturn the result , it's a sign of the world we live in.
I think it is over , the petition will change nothing.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Maybe I am not in the position to make any suggestions, after I am still convinced European, but I am surprised you are not talking about the key issues.
Like, what do you want? There are real big issues ahead.
The EU will go after the banks. Maybe Norway without financial services. How will you make sure they stay?
The only thing you have going for you, is London, everybody loves London. But will that be enough? And is the "thing" which makes it so great maybe moveable? Maybe it's the cosmopolitan air it has, because of the people it has, they sure would be welcome everywhere.
But the rest? About one quarter of your income, is generated outside of london you may keep it. How do you want to fix those areas?
An American trade deal, will be the end of all your agriculture. Chinese, but what could you sell besides financial services?
Basic income and a laissez faire economy sounds nice, but I doubt it's what you want?

You have indeed a historic opportunity, but ahead of you.
And let's not forget you have responsibility as the American military lap dog, as you were the first ones to jump on the war on terror thing and played a big role in the foundation of Israel, which includes the following "tensions".
How do you want to proceed with that?
The whole world is looking at you, because now we'll all see what's behind all the old traditions and how glorious you are. Or will you turn out to be nothing more than patriotic drunks?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Some people who don't like the result want to overturn the result , it's a sign of the world we live in.
I think it is over , the petition will change nothing.

Right! Following every major presidential election over here roughly half the population would love a do over. And crazy enough the past decade since I've been noticing, the votes tend to be 50/50 split (which I argue is just too convenient for when they need to rig the ballot results without it being too noticable).

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Cameron said in his resignation :"The British people have voted to leave the European Union and their will must be respected."
There's little chance of them trying to weasel out of it now.

This thread should be moved to the paranormal section.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The banks but also businesses will go oversees to avoid trade barriers and have access to the whole of EU as they were used to.
Fow now there are not to much changes because there is a transition period of two years before the brexit is final, however the UK has already lost influence in the EU and will have to negotiate a deal in order to trade with the EU.
In my opinion it is not a very good idea to wait until the end of October because uncertainty will only harm the british economy even more.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
More Than 1.5 Million Britons Are Demanding A Second EU Referendum

Calls for the United Kingdom to hold a second referendum on its membership of the European Union are growing.

A petition demanding a rerun of Thursday’s vote which resulted in the British exit, dubbed a “Brexit,” after the “leave” campaign won 51.9 percent to Remain’s 48.1 percent, had garnered nearly 1.5 million signatures by Saturday morning.

It ain't over yet

The Globalist strike back

Yes, that's "EU democracy" ( That's an oxymoron right there ) for you. You keep voting until the results are 'right' like they did in the past...

originally posted by: YarlanZey
Is this actually a war on democracy I wonder?

Will they say that because the UK public got it so spectacularly wrong after their EU referendum, the masses cannot be trusted with democracy anymore?

...or you actually do away with votes and elections altogether. Even though the people of the EU can't vote on anything that matters anyway already, the latter is obviously safer for the elite and therefore much more likely.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sirrurg

s31.postimg.org...

It was only 350k on that petition who were Brits.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: B14ckC47
Next off the sinking ship are Northern Ireland and Scotland. FINALLY. Not So Great Britain has been dragging them down long enough. We may actually see a unified Ireland again.

Scotland isn't that bad. Aberdeen and Edinburgh have unemployment rates below 5%. The problem is Glasgow with a population of 2 million with 40% below the poverty line. They just out vote every other region of Scotland.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Then there's the issue of how many that "signed it" are actual human beings...

Then how many of the actual humans are actually separate individuals...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Pretty simple. It implies people in England, like in America, is mounting resistance to those who threaten national sovereignty.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Again...This merely is a test of wills. The ruling class with ties with bankers want way too much. In their plans for their utopia, nations are required to surrender their sovereignty. They have no respect for the masses and hold politicians for ransom. The final arrangement is to gain what standing armies can't. It was incredibly stupid to assume slavery would be given to them without a fight.

We've seen this all too often here in the states. Despite the fact, we built the machinery for a strong republic with a constitution that forbids hostile encroachment on the individual and his rights, only to have that threatened on a constant basis. Earlier we forced slavery on others and the cost damn near destroyed the nation. Anyway you look at it, power groups are constantly attacking the foundation of our republic. And her in America, such attacks are the result of treason. A fact that is hidden as a result of government refusal to investigate, charge and convict traitors.

As a result, American's ideals are always attacked with every conceivable means known to man. Corruption threatens national security and citizens must be vigilant at all times. The economic threat posed by the world's elite require nations to sign contracts that are hidden to the press to surrender way too much for the promise of security that never comes. And...people are waking up to the fact that the elite "needs" corporation from the masses and not the other way around. Nations, where the people have the vote, can and should dictate policy and punish leaders who forget who they work for.

Had the plan of the EU been cognizant of those facts, they would have constructed a better arrangement that everyone would support. However, their approach is winner take all. And when a nation is required to surrender its sovereignty, winner takes all is to not only be avoided but threatened as well.

The solution is so simple. If all countries under their threat were to seize control over their own currency and print debt free currency, these people and their hostile means of control would dry up and be blown in the wind. Failing to do so only invites the next attack on you and your placement in the world.

Now, that a threat. In fact, your leaders "should" create their own union. A union where all nations who participate threaten the world's banking elite to play nice or face a time-out is exactly what the public should demand. After all, the world's elite facing the end of their welfare checks, and let's not forget the gross amount of cash supplied on the "debt" is welfare, these people may have to man up and get a job.

Now, what's hard about that?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dagann

Britain never joined the monetary union, they still have their pound.
And what you call the elites, head of the banks, I would say, swim in money, everybody else has debts.
Besides that

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I haven't been able to post on this as I've been away.

Everything that I would want to say has been said so I won't rehash arguments here

One thing I did want to mention though, as I haven't seen it posted... Went into the polling station to cast my vote. I was handed a pencil. Mrs. Crow and I looked at each other and promptly reached for our pens. Paranoid much?

To add: the way the vote went pleased me mightily. At last, my faith in the British folk has been rekindled.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow
Yes, that is normal. Pencils have been offered all my voting life, and probably since ballot papers were first introduced.
There's an obvious reason for this. Before the invention of ballpoints, pens needed to have a separate source of ink. So what do you do? Have an ink-bottle at the desk outside the booth, so that each voter has to dip his pen in the ink before he goes in? Or a separate ink-bottle within each booth, hoping that no idiot will knock it over, and replacing it every now and again when the voter has to leave the booth to complain that the bottle is empty? Or just do the easy, practical thing, and provide pencils?
But of course a younger generation must find reasons for paranoia in simple tradtional routine.

edit on 25-6-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You all better hold onto your Hankies...Scotland is about to kick the racists xenophobes in the nuts.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
...Scotland is about to kick the racists xenophobes in the nuts.

Again its talk like that that lost it for the remain camp.

If you hadnt just dismissed our cocerns and called names and instead focused on laying down methods and plans for reforming the EU and minimiseing the negative impact of immigration while maximising its benfit the remain camp would of won.

Instead you focused on fear, insults and patronization.

There never needed to be a leave campaign. Talk like that and the inability to adress the EU problems was its own leave campaign.
edit on 25-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
I dpn't know that "following EU law" necessarily entails being part of the EU. America follows a lot of English common law without being part of England. So Scotland, as part of a nation outside the EU, would still be capable of imposing upon itself all the obstructive EU regulations that it could find out about. Not an obstacle.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join