It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Lol do whatever you like, suckle on the EU teat or choose to trade with the world instead.
I'm happy to face the challenges of the UK being sovereign again...but I believe in my nation, perhaps you do not.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Thought I would just leave this here for you...

WHITEWASH

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lol do whatever you like, suckle on the EU teat or choose to trade with the world instead.

The world consist of a number of large unions that require you to adhere to THEIR rules if you want to trade with them. Actually, it may even happen that you are being forced to adhere to .. EU rules still - if you want to trade with us.

I'm happy to face the challenges of the UK being sovereign again...but I believe in my nation, perhaps you do not.

I believe in a world without nations. I believe in people. Your UK will be no more sovereign than it was, it will merely loose the option to influence what the EU demands. And your people will also not be more sovereign either - go talk to the Scots, how they feel now that England simply decides for them they should leave.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In my opinion what made the British vote to leave was the never ending barrage of threats the remain camp used. Us Brits are a funny lot If you threaten us with dire consequences, without any proof to back up any of that thinking we're going to go against you.
I'm not saying that the exit campaign didn't go down that route too, but not to the same extent.
What made me vote to leave was the mass immigration issue (go on call me a racist, islamaphobe). Uncontrolled mass immigration helps one class of people the money men, oversupply of workforce = lower wages, mass immigration with no infrastructure in place helps the Landowners the Landlords the ruling class.
I'm a working class guy, when I was growing up my Father worked an average job and could support a family, pay for a holiday now we need both the mother and father to work for the same standard of living.
The vote to leave was made by normal Joes who are fed up being overlooked and not listened to by the policy makers. They just forgot that there are a lot more of us than there are of them.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The EU is merely a trade partnership? Please do explain?

In any event, cant any nation use the general trade portions of the EU framework and draft their own treaties with other nations (thus not "needing" the EU to get about the same results)?

It's funny how you point out Scotland, being marginalized from being snared in the UK 'federation', somehow as being even more represented and better off having the EU mega-conglomerate another level over the UKs head. Since you've gone there now (twice), please do elaborate how this actually makes sense...
edit on 25-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I'm a Welsh man who lives in England so I leave thoughts of what Scotland does to the Scots...it is unlikely to tangibly affect my life either way.
Oh and conforming to trade rules is vastly different to being governed by a political union...but you know that anyway and as usual just try to muddy the waters.

I hope that EU teat tastes nice for you

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
I believe in a world without nations. I believe in people. Your UK will be no more sovereign than it was, it will merely loose the option to influence what the EU demands.

So does that mean that either everyone joins the EU, or suffer the consequences? How will the rest of the non-EU world ever manage to get by, ever manage to trade with 'them'? Maybe Brazil should join the EU if they ever want to sell their ayahuasca sticks in Amsterdam?
edit on 25-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

go talk to the Scots, how they feel now that England simply decides for them they should leave.

38% of Scotts voted to leave , as a nation WE voted to leave.
The European Union is best left to Europeans , enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You Couldn't make it up.

The county, which has suffered economically since the collapse of the mining industry, relies heavily on subisidies from Brussels. It is believed to have received more than €650million from 2007 to 2013 in EU funding to help develop infrastructure, broadband and universities.

Cornwall backs Brexit then asks to be allowed to keep its EU funding

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Double post..
edit on 25-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
You really couldn't make it up..

COUNCIL leaders in Yorkshire are expected to move quickly to seek assurances from the Government in key areas in the wake of the Brexit vote. A major priority will be to secure guarantees over the £600m of EU funding the region is due to receive to help grow Yorkshire’s economy between now and 2020. Read more: www.yorkshirepost.co.uk...

Guarantees wanted over the future of European millions Read more: www.yorkshirepost.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This vote was a slap in the face of all political parties world wide. The general population is saying they have had enough. What amazes me is that in the US the people are supposed to have the power, not the government. But the UK shows us how its done.

I hope the American people have learned something from this.
edit on 25-6-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
What? British people wanting British money spent on them?
Have you forgotten it never was EU money in the first place.
Unlucky fella, we voted leave haha...unlike you lot who chose to suckle on the UK and EU teat lol
You couldn't make that up!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Soloprotocol
What? British people wanting British money spent on them?
Have you forgotten it never was EU money in the first place.
Unlucky fella, we voted leave haha...unlike you lot who chose to suckle on the UK and EU teat lol
You couldn't make that up!

Awww be kind. The scots are just mad cause we showed the world what up there skirts......NOTHING!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I just read a nice summary of how BREXIT will affect the citizens. It's the equivalent of having a government welfare check taken away. You hurt for a bit, but since you're able-bodied, you'll do better for yourself, and have more control over the rest of your life.

There are some who would rather live on the nipple their entire life, but thankfully they're in the minority of G.B. citizens.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Nazi Empire Map:

European Union Empire (post Brexit) Map:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I just read a nice summary of how BREXIT will affect the citizens. It's the equivalent of having a government welfare check taken away. You hurt for a bit, but since you're able-bodied, you'll do better for yourself, and have more control over the rest of your life.

There are some who would rather live on the nipple their entire life, but thankfully they're in the minority of G.B. citizens.

Minority in England.

Scotland it seems wants to carry on suckling at Germanys nipples.

The scots havent learned from Greece that sucking germanys tits can turn quickly to sucking there cock.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Hahaha! I know, as I said above, you couldn't make it up! A 'sovereign' Scotland bending over with a begging mouth for Germany Bahahaha!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That was hilarious.

Seriously nationalism is at a high during the Euros and it probably effected the vote more than politicians would plan for.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Hahaha! I know, as I said above, you couldn't make it up! A 'sovereign' Scotland bending over with a begging mouth for Germany Bahahaha!!!

What do you call a sovereign Scotland?

A F'ing Joke

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join