It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

What? For saying, so far you achieved nothing, except bought yourself 3 months of time, thanks to David Cameron.
Or for saying don't party, the fighting starts soon.
This was just the beginning, or just a declaration the beginning starts in 3 months. Don't let this opportunity to get to waste.
So, what do you want?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Most of the negativity seems to come from the usual talking heads on the BBC and suchlike who seem to think leaving the EU is the worst thing ever.

Go out among Brits who voted out and you'll see smiles and hear hope for the future.

Don't forget also, that the majority of Scots did not vote to remain. 40% voted to leave and the rest stayed home because they didn't care.
In Northern Ireland almost half the people also voted leave.

A lot is being spun by those afraid of change.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is the future currency your Children will be using.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

What? For saying, so far you achieved nothing, except bought yourself 3 months of time, thanks to David Cameron.
This was just the beginning, or just a declaration the beginning starts in 3 months. Don't let this opportunity to get to waste.
So, what do you want?

The EU destroyed, BBC closed.
British laws for British people .
Lefty PC #e put back in its box

Free to make our own deals.. i have a great confidence in Britain.
The snowflake generation to have a reality check.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Shouldn't the UK's vassal states (Canada, Australia, etc) had some say in the UK voting to get into or out of the EU Empire?

The sovereignty of Canada is a major cultural matter in Canada. Several issues currently define Canadian sovereignty: the Canadian monarchy, telecommunication, the autonomy of provinces, and Canada's Arctic border.

Canada is a Commonwealth realm, meaning that Queen Elizabeth II is the head of state. However, while several powers are the sovereign's alone, most of the royal constitutional and ceremonial duties in Canada are carried out by the Queen's representative, the Governor General, as such, the Governor General is sometimes referred to as the de facto head of state.
en.wikipedia.org...

I've never noticed a peep from anybody from these 'districts' ever making a stink, or a rave, about the whole EU issue.

Likewise, being vassal states of the UK, with the UK in the EU, why wouldn't said vassal states not be on the list of states under the EU federation?

Furthermore, all that considered, for the establishments EU agenda, the UK must surely be the "grand prize" entry into the EU... meaning the propaganda / economic / political war the EU establishment is about to wage against the UK should prove to be breathtaking...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
The answer is that the "vassal status" is purely nominal, without practical effect.
It is a polite fiction, like the idea that the Queen actually rules any of these countries.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Shouldn't the UK's vassal states (Canada, Australia, etc) had some say in the UK voting to get into or out of the EU Empire?

No , Commonwealth countries will not be effected by Brexit.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

originally posted by: Peeple

So, what do you want?

The EU destroyed, BBC closed.
British laws for British people .
Lefty PC #e put back in its box

Free to make our own deals.. i have a great confidence in Britain.
The snowflake generation to have a reality check.

I expect one of the reasons the BBC are pissed is because this might mean that they will lose their ability to impose a tv license on the populace. Shame though if they go because tv with adverts truly sucks (and when I do watch it I fast forward them anyway), but with streaming and on demand they are getting left behind.

Edit to add: the BBC are supposed to be neutral too. You can see with their dealings with UKIP on Question Time that this is not the case even though a UKIP representative had every right to be there due to having being democratically elected MPs in Parliament.
edit on 25/6/2016 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Commonwealth states should be able to trade with us easier than before. Not sure what the tarriffs were before but they can be struck down completely now.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Commonwealth states should be able to trade with us easier than before. Not sure what the tarriffs were before but they can be struck down completely now.

Yes this was one of the points being made to immigration. That EU migrants were being given preferential choice (through legislation) over those coming from the commonwealth who were finding it more difficult.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Is this actually a war on democracy I wonder?

Will they say that because the UK public got it so spectacularly wrong after their EU referendum, the masses cannot be trusted with democracy anymore?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

You are so right. We neglected our brothers around the globe due to EU membership. It's time to right that wrong. With all our peoples interlinked and the millions of Brits with links to asia and Africa and all the Brits actually overseas in Durban, Canada, Melbourne etc it's time to really link back up. We are still so connected to these regions, time to push sales between us with no barriers.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: YarlanZey
I expect one of the reasons the BBC are pissed is because this might mean that they will lose their ability to impose a tv license on the populace.
Edit to add: the BBC are supposed to be neutral too.

No real link between the two, because the licence fee structure is much older than the EU connection.
However, the B.B.C. is now a bastion of political correctness of all kinds. For example, it supports the agenda about "climate change" and will not air the views of anyone who disputes the theory.
Not wanting a break with the EU is just another aspect of the political correctness.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The sovereignty of Canada is a major cultural matter in Canada. Several issues currently define Canadian sovereignty: the Canadian monarchy, telecommunication, the autonomy of provinces, and Canada's Arctic border.

Canada is a Commonwealth realm, meaning that Queen Elizabeth II is the head of state. However, while several powers are the sovereign's alone, most of the royal constitutional and ceremonial duties in Canada are carried out by the Queen's representative, the Governor General, as such, the Governor General is sometimes referred to as the de facto head of state.
en.wikipedia.org...

I've never noticed a peep from anybody from these 'districts' ever making a stink, or a rave, about the whole EU issue.

Likewise, being vassal states of the UK, with the UK in the EU, why wouldn't said vassal states not be on the list of states under the EU federation?

Furthermore, all that considered, for the establishments EU agenda, the UK must surely be the "grand prize" entry into the EU... meaning the propaganda / economic / political war the EU establishment is about to wage against the UK should prove to be breathtaking...

They would have had a say if there was actually any reason for it, There is almost zero chance of the average person getting to emigrant to either places, they are accepting key workers only.. The days where a person could up from the UK and move to Canada or Aus or anywhere within the "commonwealth" have long gone. It is very hard to move to any out post even if it is still UK controlled like the Falklands.

RA

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
We the people need to be vigilant and make sure they deliver us our hard fought Brexit.

The EU referendum IS NOT legally binding.

When the Conservative party decide upon their new leader after David Cameron steps down, they may hold a snap general election. If another political party had a Pro-EU manifesto and win, they could theoretically ignore these results and keep us inside the EU. It wouldn't go down well with a lot of people, but it could happen.

We also need to keep an eye on the trade negotiations with the EU.
They may try and include free movements of people with the reasoning 'we didn't promise we would cut immigration' or something, which some people are already saying.

I would say that most people voted to Leave so we can take back control of our democracy and the steering wheel to our future. That includes being able to control our borders in my opinion.

These parasites will try and do anything to keep the status quo. Stay vigilant!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Not wanting a break with the EU is just another aspect of the political correctness.

I can't recall the BBC making a statement about them wanting to leave (nor remain in) the EU. Also, almost half of the Brits wanted to remain IN the EU, so it's not puzzling nor unexpected nor politically correct if he BBC points out that fact - it's simply a matter of observation.

Though I am totally in favour of direct consultation of the population and I cheer the decision to honour its results, I really doubt the way it was done. People had to vote black and white, yes or no, and they had to do so based on mostly propaganda (i.e. lies and half truths) from either side. Also, it's a bit strange that half of the population can dictate what the other half should do, that's not really democratic at all. The essence of democracy is that you respect minorities and allow them to live as they want. That's impossible for half of the UK population now who'd rather would have remained in the European Union. Normally decisions with such a massive implact on people need a 3/4 majority to take effect, but it seems that in this case, it is simply forced upon half of the people without their consent.

Anyway, it's done, we will see where this goes (popcorn anybody?)..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Next off the sinking ship are Northern Ireland and Scotland. FINALLY. Not So Great Britain has been dragging them down long enough. We may actually see a unified Ireland again.

link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Do you want to run your analysis of Scotland's results by me again? What are you saying exactly?

link   
Next off the sinking ship are Northern Ireland and Scotland. FINALLY. Not So Great Britain has been dragging them down long enough. We may actually see a unified Ireland again.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
The EU referendum IS NOT legally binding.

Well, Cameron made it very clear he intents to keep his promise, and I have no reason to doubt that.

I would say that most people voted to Leave so we can take back control of our democracy and the steering wheel to our future. That includes being able to control our borders in my opinion.

Which you already did, I clearly recall having to show my passport to border control each time I went to England. Also, the EU never interfered with your democratic rights, as was clearly demonstrated yesterday. So, I'm not sure WHAT you thought to gain by voting out, but it sure as hell is not more democracy nor better border control.

These parasites will try and do anything to keep the status quo. Stay vigilant!

So, that's the new UK then? In which half of the population accuses the other half of having voted in favour of "parasites"? You better start looking over your shoulders at night if that's the way you think about your fellow Brits!

But yes, half of your population will try to keep the status quo, more so in London, Scotland and Northern Ireland. These people did not suddenly change their opinion after the vote. They will actively work to keep the UK in the EU and that's their democratic right!

It was clear from the beginning that half of the population would be against whatever the outcome. And you don't really have a good way to deal with that, it will cause unrest for a long time. Especially now the falcons won from the doves: falcons don't deal well with doves. When, on the other hand, the REMAINJ camp had won by such a small percentage, the signal would have been clear that the EU needs reforms and both halves of the population would have goten something out of this. And the EU.

No, you don't have much to be proud of, my friend.

Parasites, indeed ..

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join