It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It seems like globalization is falling out of favor...or maybe this is naive? I can't help wondering if the future will be more nationalistic all over the place? Will this lead to wars?

Also, from what I was reading, there seems to be more support from some parts of the UK than others. Does this mean the end of the UK, too?

Interesting times. I wish the best for non-political people just trying to make things work where they live.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
a reply to: shauny

Scotland wants freedom, yet they want to stay in the EU? Seems like those two things are at odds with each other. How is having your country controlled from Brussels freedom?

Where do you live my friend?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: itsallmaya

1972 European Communities Act- This strangely could be a viable option as invoking article 50 means the EU are in charge of any negations and the time-frame of it although, repealing the 1972 European Communities Act is not a polite way of leaving to say the least, but would give the UK better control of exit, a petition was launched for this in 2012

petition.parliament.uk...

www.govyou.co.uk...

The new PM could take the Vote back to parliament to decide, as a referendum is not a mandate, but if he/or she did it would be political suicide.

What we don’t want is a prolonged dance with the EU as bills previously blocked by the EU could become acts without public knowledge!! The public should demand from the UK Government within a reasonable amount of time, its intention of process and policy (not just that a new PM is going to be rolled ) that will enable a smooth transition without mandates being set into UK law in an open and transparent fashion.

It is now incredibly important that The electorate must now be kept informed and advised of any Government process in relation to leaving the EU.

When, What, why, Where, How, if this is not divulged at any point in the transitional process democratic process will be deemed to have been bypassed at the expense of the electorate and then parliament needs to be petitioned for disclosure.

Out should mean out so far not in place!!!! so as it legally stands, we have not left the EU .........................

edit on 24-6-2016 by Fingle because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2016 by Fingle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
originally posted by: elysiumfire

sovereignty is everything. Without it you cannot be a country, you cannot be a nation, and the first principle of nationhood is a common consensus by which the people wield a power democratically for the benefit of itself. Britain and the British people have voted for sovereignty rather than for economics, because the British people understand that sovereignty is everything. No matter how good your economic circumstance, without sovereignty you cannot enjoy it as a nation.

This is a very elegant point, hats off

I spoke to an economist today (who works at my company) and although they were very much in favour of remaining in the EU their prediction for the future was surprisingly more optimistic than I thought... considering there was no bias in their forecast.

I was worried when I first woke to the news we were leaving, worried for the economy and my children's future (at least the uncertainty of it). Worried as the currency began to fall and the stock markets dived (although understandable).

However, as the day progressed and the more I looked into the economic issues leaving would bring, the more optimistic I became, which seems to be the opposite to what a lot of people were feeling and hearing on the news.

There's no doubt we will experience 1.5 to 2 years of uncertainty in the economy, maybe a recession (a short shallow one) but things should level out. House prices may dip for the next year but, again, begin to level out and rise.

Comment taken from Knight Frank, one of the leading UK property developers -

content.knightfrank.com...

The FTSE 100 index (UK Stock Market) ended today higher than it started at the beginning of the week (before the vote) at 6,021 points.

The fact the £ dropped in value is partly false as there was an unexplained surge in the currency just before the vote, meaning part of the drop was levelling out of the recent surge. Although the £ has still weakened which should be acknowledged.

Some economists are predicting the drop in £ is likely to attract investment, especially from Asia due to the cheaper prices and exchange rates.

What the FTSE did today -

Of course all of this is yet to be played out and could be wrong, but I can sleep a little better, for tonight at least, knowing there could be a brighter future. I will not be falling for the fear being spread by the media until I've looked into the facts first.... that's for sure.

And lastly a graphic below showing a curious fact the UK stock market did better than the rest of the major world players??????

edit on 24-6-2016 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Love it. Down with the Globalists. I just hope our own leftists don't ruin it for us. TRUMP 16'. Will be a great year for the West.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
I may be 6000 miles away in the Philippines but my proxy vote counted yes!!!!!...................

I am a bit of a Vegan health freak but what the F### im off to the beach to get p1ssed and eat deep fried spring rolls!!!!!!
To celebrate.

The rest of the EU will follow I am sure of that, Sweden stated if we leave then they will call for their own independence vote. What is stopping the flood gates from opening now.. I really hope this is the moment we witness a real mindset change to how we are governed.

RA

The EU will change because the Germans will sh** them selves that their little empire by stealth and economic terrorism is going to fall apart, or Germany directly and through Brussels will blackmail and threaten governments to stay, just like they did when Greeks said no to more EU bank bailouts being funnelled through their government as the middle man and scapegoat.

Don't celebrate just yet because the EU is controlled by very very evil people who don't care what the majority want as evidenced by what happened with Greece.

What's probably going to happen is they'll negotiate for the same crap to still largely be in effect in the UK while the UK remains out of the EU officially, which would be a grand national humiliation for a once proud empire.

Make no mistake the UK just kicked the bully in the nut sack, hard. The bully is going to get back up and throw some big heavy punches.

Hopefully however we can hope that the UK vote will lead to many other nations demanding and holding exit referendums.
My hope is that Greece Italy Portugal and Spain, the nations the racist Germans labeled as the PIGS, all do the same together with France as well as Ireland and Eastern Europe.

Because the Germans and their little Germanic brother nations can all go rot in hell right next to Adolf Hitler and the rest of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yep I found that curious as well that the German and French markets in particular took a bigger fall then the British market.
Hopefully it's a trend that continues, because the last ones who should suffer are the British.

They stood up to the evil monster called the EU that wants to dominate and control all of Europe and all aspects of people's lives.

Well done to the British people, or at least the majority who I assume are actual native Britons as opposed to the majority in London who voted to stay who probably are immigrants who benefited from the eu.

The eu is a destructive force for the smaller countries. So let's hope this is the start of the end of the EU.

a reply to: RiverRunsFree

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Interesting poll before voting:

SOUNDS like this was a generational issue?

No change then mate
2014, Scottish referendum

And area vote from Yesterday

Yellew all voted #Remain, entire Scotland wanted to stay.
Now SNP/Sturgeon see the mandade loophole...Freedom, as Scotland will remain in Europe.
War debt was the issue, now it's not.

Shame for mt English family and friends
edit on 24/6/2016 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ClandestineKid You haven't heard? "Send them back" is exactly what is gonna happen.Seems those far right parties are gonna have enough pull to begin deportations back to Eastern Europe they hate them even more than the Muslims.Your polish friends are screwed.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You know now that you bring up Muslims I wonder how Boris Johnson being of Turkish Muslim, Russian
Jew descent(as well as Christian) and having relations to Royal families including the British Royals, and being a distant cousin of David Cameron, really fits in to this puzzle.

His ancestry means he isn't any ordinary pleb who managed to rise to mayor of London.

The UK was seen as a strong supporter by some of Turkeys aspirations to join the EU, as well as being seen as a sort of Trojan horse for the Americans in the EU.

We now has David Cameron UK PM campaigning to stay and a distant cousin of his whose got relations to Royal families campaigning for a BREXIT.

Seems that TPTB have their bets set on both sides.
You ca bet though the real money men with the real power behind the curtain aren't going to lose out over this but will benefit greatly.

I mean is it just coincidental that two leading figures in both camps are related?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Allow me a little dream of positivity, something I have always thought could (should) be a reality sometime in the future.

Each nation that makes up Great Britain should be fully separate from each other. Each as their own sovereign state, with their own government, own laws and judicial system, and industry. Each proud of who they are, but the real strength of Great Britain is that all the nations come together in union for each other to create the world's first and genuine United Kingdom. How could this be done?

The current set up of Britain needs to be tweaked. Ireland should fully unify and become whole. Scotland and Wales should become fully independent nations. Once this has been realised, each nation, having its own independent government, then comes together to create a United Kingdom government from delegates chosen by the people in each nation. Each nation sends an equal amount of delegates to a United Kingdom parliament (to be built), with a mandated remit to oversee and maintain a prosperous fully unionised Great Britain. We come together because we want to be together, and because we each recognise that Great Britain cannot be 'great' without all four nations being included and being a part of it. Together we are stronger. What a powerhouse we would be!

None of this ridiculous bull# about being separate and tied to an unelected and unaccountable EU elitism! The direction for the security of Great Britain, and for its future generations, is that all the nations of Britain come together, under the same noble principles we can each believe in...equality, fraternity, and liberty, awarded to ourselves because of our own individual national sovereignty.

Be under no illusion, the future will inform us how our being together, working in harmony for the good of all British peoples, becomes so important. We are more than capable of showing the EU how nations, with long proud histories can come together yet retain sovereign identity, and sovereignty. We are uniquely placed in that respect. Great Britain has to break up in order to come together stronger and more vibrant.
edit on 25/6/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Maybe you didn't listen? He wants to give all illegals permits.
You will get the opposite of what you voted for.
They think they get away with a Norway deal, I don't think they will.
But anyways that would include free movement.

Don't think about who "they"are, think about what you want now.
Or you end as colony. Of china, the US, Russia, Saudi Arabia, I bet they will bribe you.
A sweet trading zone. With free movement...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Hahaha whatever, the UK voted out and I'm still laughing at all those here who said it wouldn't happen, you know, fixed referendum and all that bull#.
Britain can be strong as an independent sovereign nation again...Unlucky if that pisses you off, I look forward to the challenges...we will survive and thrive.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm not pissed, I just don't see you will get what you wanted.
Do you know what you want?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

If I recall correctly you argued previously that we wouldn't vote leave so that makes me chuckle.
I want a sovereign nation again and we've taken the first steps towards it, regardless of the challenges there is little the EU can do aside from accepting it and trading with us.
The UK may split but so be it...that is the beauty and unpredictable nature of democracy...you should try it for yourself lol

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: mortex

Maybe you didn't listen? He wants to give all illegals permits.
You will get the opposite of what you voted for.
They think they get away with a Norway deal, I don't think they will.
But anyways that would include free movement.

Don't think about who "they"are, think about what you want now.
Or you end as colony. Of china, the US, Russia, Saudi Arabia, I bet they will bribe you.
A sweet trading zone. With free movement...

I'm Australian not British nor do I live in the UK.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I didn't, but okay. I said goodbye before the vote.
Your racist wet dream of isolation will very likely come true.
Think about what you want, or you won't get anything.
Sure there are plenty of ways this could play out, but I haven't heard one person state what they are for. Just against, or national issues as the NHS, housing etc. But you didn't get rid off London, so...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Lol what is racist about wanting my nation to leave political union with Europe exactly?
I have no issue with European people, just the political union. Racist? Really? That the best argument you have? Lol

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Not racist, patriotic, nationalistic, call it whatever you like.
But again, what do you want now? I am just worried this will end in more chaos than necessary, because nobody can say what they want.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I didn't, but okay. I said goodbye before the vote.
Your racist wet dream of isolation will very likely come true.
Think about what you want, or you won't get anything.
Sure there are plenty of ways this could play out, but I haven't heard one person state what they are for. Just against, or national issues as the NHS, housing etc. But you didn't get rid off London, so...

Your sad campaign failed .. We are not racists.. no further explanation is needed nor will be given.
the Snowflake generation are truly pathetic.

You're in the real world now.. you dont get a participation prize.
edit on Sat, 25 Jun 2016 02:52:00 -0500522America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join