It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I honestly don't think we have sold the younger generation down the river, I really think that we've given them a better future.

If I was selfish I would have voted remain and taken my pension. By voting out I have put my pension, savings and property value at immediate risk.

I voted out as I believe the long term future for my country is one where we can set our own taxes, agree our own trade deals and set our own levies.

I will take a financial hit. But the generations rolling behind me will be better for it.

Making counter arguments about free movement, having to get visas to go on holiday...maybe not having cheap polish people to do our cleaning is a signal of us potentially being a little spoiled in our outlook. Surely our European neighbours are better than just being employed to do the jobs we see as beneath us.

I really think this is the beginning of a better Europe. I see great opportunity.

The future is what we make it. Time to work.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Neat article and yeah, most of us felt that an American President should come here as a friend, not some wannabe bully threatening to send us to the back of the queue.

We may not rule the world anymore, but we can be damned ornery when riled. He should have known that.

Hopefully the next president will have a bit of class about him and understand how friends talk to each other.
(yeah, I said HE, don't even want to think about the alternative).

Thanks for sharing

Agreed! This administration has been a friend to no one (in my opinion). The UK, Israel and all our allies have been left in the dark and talked down to...and that is a shame. I think going forward, the USA will be in a better position to show our real friends that the people of our country are 100% behind you.

But...as far as the "bully" comment. I don't see how Barack Obama can be a bully to anyone. Michelle...maybe. But not sir-golfs-a-lot.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Could MPs block an EU exit?

Could the necessary legislation pass the Commons, given that a lot of MPs - all SNP and Lib Dems, nearly all Labour and many Conservatives - were in favour of staying?

The referendum result is not legally binding - Parliament still has to pass the laws that will get Britain out of the 28 nation bloc, starting with the repeal of the 1972 European Communities Act.

The withdrawal agreement also has to be ratified by Parliament - the House of Lords and/or the Commons could vote against ratification, according to a House of Commons library report.

In practice, Conservative MPs who voted to remain in the EU would be whipped to vote with the government. Any who defied the whip would have to face the wrath of voters at the next general election.

One scenario that could see the referendum result overturned, is if MPs forced a general election and a party campaigned on a promise to keep Britain in the EU, got elected and then claimed that the election mandate topped the referendum one.
Two-thirds of MPs would have to vote for a general election to be held before the next scheduled one in 2020.

www.bbc.com...

===========================================================================================================

Hopefully the will of the people will be the final deciding factor. If not, this could cause quite the commotion!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: itsallmaya

Let's us see then!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I hate the way the vote has gone but I think we should go with the result and make it work. The remain camp would not call for another vote if the results were swung the other way.

I think back tracking on the result would lead to further turmoil and devision.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This result surprises me, as I always took the Brits for weakling subjects of the elite, but today I have a new found respect for them. They don't want to be ruled by elites thousands of miles away, they want to be free men capable of determining their own futures, congrats! Unfortunately the elites won't let this stand, they will either block the move or put all their effort into destroying Britain. Just look at Obama when he threatened the Brits that if they left the EU the U.S. wouldn't pursue trade agreements with them. And they're supposed to be our allies? Sickening behavior by our so-called leaders.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

But...as far as the "bully" comment. I don't see how Barack Obama can be a bully to anyone. Michelle...maybe. But not sir-golfs-a-lot.

A very good point.
edit on 00pFri, 24 Jun 2016 16:35:00 -050020162016-06-24T16:35:00-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: itsallmaya

They must know If they did vote to stay and ignore the people many would be marching on Parliament to hang the buggers.
Or at the very least get voted out.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

I agree it is time to work together to make it work.
I do think as someone above said this is the beginning of the end for the EU the Dutch French Spanish Italian all have had someone call for a referendum of their own.
Thing is it isn't like we have cut all ties like some portray we will get a deal with the eu and better deals with the rest of the world.
Kinda bitter sweet feeling and voting out was hard for me to do so but I voted out because I do feel the EU is failing and it is better out now so we are not as heavily involved when it goes tits up.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yep well I voted out and I am glad for once a reason for going out voting actually turned in favour of what I feel is the right choice.

This country is fine, always has been fine always will be fine. It ruled the world and still does regardless of what the TV or any "Professionals" may say. They are in control, two words. Monetary System.

This just means now we are British people can actually feel as though our rights to remain independent are listened to.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
All the chat here in Scotland is of a SURE, yet slow 2nd Referendum for freedom for my Country.
Politicians want a free Scotland, now this will push Scotland to freedom, but sadly make life worse for family and friends I have in England.

'Scotland Till Judgement'

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shauny

Scotland wants freedom, yet they want to stay in the EU? Seems like those two things are at odds with each other. How is having your country controlled from Brussels freedom?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is not just a kick in the balls for the EU but also for the whole NWO agenda.

They wanted to harmonize, homogenize and pasteurize us all into becoming zombie European citizens with no national identities and no democratic process to elect or dismiss our masters.

Thank # we not only saved ourselves but the whole of Europe, and potentially the World from these parasites that are trying to take over.

Not sure if this has already been posted but here is David Icke's response to Brexit...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I hope they get what they want good luck to them.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

very excited to have England be free from its EU slavery.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
The emotions behind the brexit were valid..as emotions...the solution of brexit was not.

Somehow this reminds me of an old joke I once heard.

It's a spooky night and a man drives through a very rural part of the country. After a while a little red light goes on on his dashboard and the engine starts stuttering. He pulls over, next to a hedge. A few horses and some cows are the only spectators as he opens up the bonnet to inspect the still stuttering engine. He fumbles around with the oil stick when suddenly a dark voice says "Mate, it's the carburator. You should clean the carburator!" The man bumps his head against the bonnet, swears and then starts looking around for the source of that voice. Nothing in sight, just one of the horses' head is poking over the hedge.The man shrugs, and continues his inspection. Same dark voice again "Mate, it's the carburator, trust me". The man veers up again to see who is talking. Nothing, but the nags head. The man understandably now feels very uneasy. And then, just as he wants to continue his inspection, he clearly sees the horses mouth moving as it says "Really, I've been a mechanic all of my life and it's the carburator, trust me!". Utterly scared by this clearly ghostly horse the man makes run for it and keep running the 2 miles to the nearest village. Totally exhausted and still scared he rushes into the pub there and tells his story to the innkeeper: "I . I just.. just .. was given advice by a horse!". The innkeeper does not blink nor frown and whilst continuing polishing glasses ask the man "Aye, tell me, was it a brown horse?" "yes.. yes.. it was!" "Was it the one in the pasture, about 2 miles back, to the left side of the road?" "yes! yes, that's the one!" "Aye. And he told you what you should do about your car?' "yes! Yes, indeed he did, he said it was my carburator!". After which the bartender replies: "Well, sir, we all know this horse here and you're right to be upset! It really does not know anything about cars!"

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Love it #Brexit

Oh and I so Love it

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Lol whatever...we voted leave, deal with it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think it is essential that people understand why Britain voted to leave the EU? In fact, there are a number of things to understand. The first is, the vote to leave is not anti-Europe, or anti-European, it is anti-EU. The EU is not Europe, it is a corporate ideology to gain control of European countries, whereby they cede self-sovereign powers to a corporate group of financiers. Britain staying in the EU was an extremely important step in the corporate takeover of the world. Globalism has just encountered its first insurmountable hurdle...now it cannot complete.

The other first important issue is the understanding that sovereignty is everything. Without it you cannot be a country, you cannot be a nation, and the first principle of nationhood is a common consensus by which the people wield a power democratically for the benefit of itself. Britain and the British people have voted for sovereignty rather than for economics, because the British people understand that sovereignty is everything. No matter how good your economic circumstance, without sovereignty you cannot enjoy it as a nation.

Personally, I would like nothing more than for the European continent peoples to push and secure sovereignty for themselves also.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join