It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Chemicalbrother

Chatty tonight

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: poncho1982
Congrats to my UK friends!!

I honestly think 18 is too young to have a complete grasp of what you are voting for.

And a 70 or 80 year old who couldn't find her slippers in the morning because she put them in the fridge the night before does.?

Gimme a break. Kids are a lot smarter than you give them credit for.

What you voted for last night was to deny the youth, the future of these four nations, your children ffs, the right to travel and work freely within 27 other countries on this planet...

What you voted for was to be controlled by a bunch of right wing loonies who are hell bent on removing every working right and human right your forefathers fought and died for...

You Voted for TTIP...you dont think it's coming.....Think again, we will have TTIP before Europe does. Well, who else are we going to start fresh trade agreements with?...Here's a clue...US... and with that will come TTIP.

You voted for unabated austerity designed to drive wages down even lower. Then again you Voted for the Tories in the first place....so we'll call that a draw.

In voting to leave you sided with liars, rascist's and xenophobes of the highest order... Farage has already backtracked on the BS claim that was £350million going to Europe a week would go to the NHS and Education instead.

It makes my blood boil that guys like Farage, Galloway, Gove, Johnson etc etc actually can make a career in politics when the only thing they are mentally and physically equipped for is part of a side show with Barnum & Bailey's or Ripley's BION.

#ing clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....

Well Done. Congratulations. Must make you proud to be British eh..

Had to bump this for truth..

Children prioritize emotionally satisfying decisions over intelligent ones...

I actually feel bad for the British people..A good number opposed this, but a generation will pay for it.

The emotions behind the brexit were valid..as emotions...the solution of brexit was not.

The consequence will significantly worsen the economic state of the working Brit, not improve it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Haha no, I just love that you #ing hate we had the balls in Wales and England to choose independence and you lot didn't.
Lol, smug yes, expecting challenges yes, proud of my people, absolutely.
Do what the # you like...as long as it isn't just more lame whinging.

*Edit*
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You marked a X on a sheet of paper ffs.

And you scots couldn't even get that right when you had your referendum

If Scotland leave the UK what will Scotland and Bavaria have in common?
You will both be provinces of Germany

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: grainofsand
Haha no, I just love that you #ing hate we had the balls in Wales and England to choose independence and you lot didn't.
Lol, smug yes, expecting challenges yes, proud of my people, absolutely.
Do what the # you like...as long as it isn't just more lame whinging.

*Edit*
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You marked a X on a sheet of paper ffs.

And you scots couldn't even get that right when you had your referendum

If Scotland leave the UK what will Scotland and Bavaria have in common?
You will both be provinces of Germany

What age are you?.. Two?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What I would like to see now are some red lines in our dealings with the EU.

We will not be taking part in any free movement of labour at all. Our government decides who comes, who stays etc.
We will neither pay nor charge tariffs on goods to or from the EU.
We will not, under any circumstances enact any law whatsoever that the EU draws up. (Save for specific criteria such as safety and standards of goods we export or import between us and them).

As far as Britain goes, every single person here must be made to realise that they have the right to stay and work here, raise families and eventually hold a British passport.
We need to be one family once more, whether our heritage is British, Eastern European or Western European, Christian, Muslim or Athiest or whatever else.
One law to govern everyone, no religious or community courts at all.
Degrade religious schools in favour of secular ones.

Establish a fair and just trade relationship with the US
Next sort out workable, ethical trading and citizenship relationships with all our Commonwealth siblings.
Help any other EU countries to transition to freedom.

Then, we will have laid the foundations to really building Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant lands, and by god won't it be some bloody marvellous place to live again?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Lol, I know, the #ing traitor, I'd be glad to see the back of such types.
...and again in the words of the rabid Scottish nationalists...FREEDOM!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What is this decision to leave, really? It's a move for independence and less corporate, rich, entrenched overlords. Freedom.

Freedom is always good.

The negative consequences? In reality, freedom from the EU, doesn't really have any negative consequences, unless other governments in Europe wish to punish England. There are plenty of trade partners, vacation destinations, scientific partners, military allies etc. to take their places.

It's just like if Hillary or Trump win the American Election. We know we'd have been better off with Sanders or a Libertarian candidate instead of Rich, corporate lapdogs, but we didn't get that. We'll cry and gnash our teeth together when one or the other wins, especially the hard core partisan brainwashed amongst us who think there is really a difference between Hillary and Trump because our favorite person on TV or Radio told us so, but in reallity nothing will change....not yet.

Just as nothing will change in England. The world won't end, you won't all die, The spice girls won't mount another come back attempt. it will be alright. LOL
edit on 24-6-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well I'm calling it now if no one already has....

There will be a second Brexit referendum. Maybe in six months time. And this time the UK will vote to remain. Before hand the press will be all over it. Enough time to convince the British people that they made such a horrible mistake. (Whether that is true or not)

Nigel Farage shot himself in the foot by proclaiming "If the Remain camp win by 52%, I will call a second referendum". That statement is going to come back to haunt him.

This is not the end of it.
edit on 24 6 2016 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: MrSpad
This votes to be more symbolic than anything. The UK still needs its trade with the EU and so all the regulations, freedom of movement ect. will still be the same. It seems to put the UK at disadvantage in trade and likely will cost them Scotland. I hope things do not go nearly as bad as all the experts predict. It just sort of feels like you watched a friend shoot themselves in the foot.

Only When the USA agrees to join a union with the likes of mexico, columbia and Venezuela that hands over its sovereignty by setting up a body that surpasses your supreme court, denys you the ability to form your own trade deals and gives equal work, welfare and settlement rights to non usa citizens in that union you will have point......

The US is the size of the EU, in a modern world it does not yer need a group like the EU to get by. The UK is not in that position. So what is really going to change? You need your sweet trade deals with the EU and as states like Norway know that trade comes with taking all the EU regs including open movement of peoples. In the end the UK will be smaller, slightly poorer, still beholden to the EU and its rules but, able to claim it is not in the EU. Of course the UK could not go for those sweet trade deals and end up in total economic collapse. This is like Texas trying to leave the US. As part of the US it is a booming economy, alone it would Mexico Jr. It is going to be hard times in the UK.

Australia and new Zealand are doing just fine on there own last time I checked.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Of course Trump is oblivious to what is actually going on.

edit on 24-6-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I Think that if the EU want someone to blame for the UK edging the vote to leave it's Angela Merkel. When she welcomed Everyone into Germany - which means 'into Europe' - she made it an easier choice the Brits to make.

The media narrative seems bemused by the result and have cited research showing that the less educated were more likely to vote to Leave. The inference is that they're a dumb mob who didn't know any better. Truth is that it's the highly educated that run the media etc that are exposing their shortcomings.

The less educated voted Leave because it is they who directly feel the burden of sudden mass immigration - it's their lower paid jobs that are taken; it's their affordable housing that's now in ever shortening supply because of the influx needing homes.

The higher educated - the graduates etc. don't feel the effects and throughout tried to label those feeling the strain, the poor and working classes as racist. Well that condescending narrative has come back to bite them.

They still don't seem to understand that and perhaps never will.

Pretty much.

The entire in/out campaigning was pointless.

What did it was the EU itself and un particular Mad Merkal

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There is a great little article over at NewsMax (Here is the link) about how the US news media is ignoring and not reporting on how badly this vote is for Obama.

Quoting the article...

Watch any of the TV news talk shows Friday and almost all have ignored one important fact: the Brexit 'Leave' victory was another humiliating loss for President Barack Obama.

About Obama being insulting...

"The tone was patronizing, the language menacing – and the message not only hypocritical but, frankly, insulting," it added. "… He has no business to come here and preach that submission to Brussels is good for the people of the U.K."

And apparently Obama respects himself more than anyone does...

Arguably, the biggest loser in the Brexit vote is Obama, who invested his personal prestige and global popularity in the referendum, and lost.

And with all that said and posted, I'm proud of the UK! They have managed to do what the government of the USA has keep the American citizens from doing. Locking down our borders, turning away dangerous illegals/refugees and TAKING BACK THEIR FRICKEN COUNTRY! This past week has me quite happy. This administration is loosing left and right, the left are making fools of themselves, Trump is doing well and raised 11 million in four days (I believe it was 4 days) and the UK showed us the way and provided us with proof that WE have the power.

It has been a good week.
edit on 6/24/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Obama sticking his foot in likely caused more to vote leave to spite the US president

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yeah, Obama pissed me off when he came over backing Cameron a few weeks ago. This was a citizens decision...prick.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: Shuye

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: DanteGaland

Shut up. They can control people until they can't. Uprisings have happened throughout history. Nationalism does prevail.

Why try to convince the masses that they are powerless? Do you have your own agenda or what?

EVERYTHING that has happened ...

Has happened according to someone's plan. Nothing is left to chance. The illusion of choice is STRONG and used to great effect...

These "people" people employ a vast arsenal of NLP, propaganda, subliminal, and pervasive cultural memes.

We like to THINK we have free will...but we do not, if you stop and zoom OUT and look at the historical perspective...patterns emerge.

ME? I'm just along for the ride...I'm just an observer, watching the hilarity [and sadness] of the human rat race.

Let's be honest, if the vote was to stay in you would have said "it was planned!" Since its out, your response is "it was plAnned!"

If anything this result PROVES it wasn't planned. The elite wanted to stay in the government the media, the all wanted to stay in. This is a huge win for the British people, don't take it away from them.

Congrats United Kingdom!

I still don't believe the masses are actually in control of anything, it's all about the illusion of choice and you see it every election everywhere in the world with whom the people are supposedly choosing for office.

I must say i'm really surprised with the results, either they had a problem with manipulating the results or I don't know.. it feels weird and exciting all together, but i'll be waiting for what's to come next to confirm Brits are out of the EU.

Hey I get it, I like many of the "outers" didn't really think it would be allowed. We are on a conspiracy site after all so we all have that nagging voice that it will be rigged. It wasn't. We were wrong, and I'm for one and happy to be wrong.

A lot of the U.K. Inners seem to be stand up people, I hear them going "we disagreed but will follow the will of the people" it's quite refreshing

My conspiracy bit would be whether the electrical storm that flooded most parts of London was natural or man-made. If that hadn't happened or if it had hit the East coast, the UK might have voted to Remain. I saw the storm myself and the lightning was coming up the Solent beside Portsmouth all the way up to London.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Obama sticking his foot in likely caused more to vote leave to spite the US president

Everyone famous did their bit . Bob Geldof managed to antagonise the entire fishing community by trying to be "right-on" and trendy.

The EU Eurocrats and bankers tried to threaten the country.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I can't help but think (and hope) that this is to globalization, what the fall of the Berlin wall was to communism. Globalization has FAILED. It serves a tiny elite at the expense of the rest of the population. It dismantles sovereign countries and peoples with little or no benefit. The Brits saw it for what it is, enslavement. I hope and pray this is the turning of the tide against the globalists. It may be a rough ride but the end result is our children might have a future that is optimistic instead of just being thrown some crumbs.
edit on 24-6-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Shuye

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: DanteGaland

Shut up. They can control people until they can't. Uprisings have happened throughout history. Nationalism does prevail.

Why try to convince the masses that they are powerless? Do you have your own agenda or what?

EVERYTHING that has happened ...

Has happened according to someone's plan. Nothing is left to chance. The illusion of choice is STRONG and used to great effect...

These "people" people employ a vast arsenal of NLP, propaganda, subliminal, and pervasive cultural memes.

We like to THINK we have free will...but we do not, if you stop and zoom OUT and look at the historical perspective...patterns emerge.

ME? I'm just along for the ride...I'm just an observer, watching the hilarity [and sadness] of the human rat race.

Let's be honest, if the vote was to stay in you would have said "it was planned!" Since its out, your response is "it was plAnned!"

If anything this result PROVES it wasn't planned. The elite wanted to stay in the government the media, the all wanted to stay in. This is a huge win for the British people, don't take it away from them.

Congrats United Kingdom!

I still don't believe the masses are actually in control of anything, it's all about the illusion of choice and you see it every election everywhere in the world with whom the people are supposedly choosing for office.

I must say i'm really surprised with the results, either they had a problem with manipulating the results or I don't know.. it feels weird and exciting all together, but i'll be waiting for what's to come next to confirm Brits are out of the EU.

Hey I get it, I like many of the "outers" didn't really think it would be allowed. We are on a conspiracy site after all so we all have that nagging voice that it will be rigged. It wasn't. We were wrong, and I'm for one and happy to be wrong.

A lot of the U.K. Inners seem to be stand up people, I hear them going "we disagreed but will follow the will of the people" it's quite refreshing

My conspiracy bit would be whether the electrical storm that flooded most parts of London was natural or man-made. If that hadn't happened or if it had hit the East coast, the UK might have voted to Remain. I saw the storm myself and the lightning was coming up the Solent beside Portsmouth all the way up to London.

You blaming the weather now?!
Lol funny as #!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Lol I know yeah a million or so Londoners stayed in and didn't vote due to the weather lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Neat article and yeah, most of us felt that an American President should come here as a friend, not some wannabe bully threatening to send us to the back of the queue.

We may not rule the world anymore, but we can be damned ornery when riled. He should have known that.

Hopefully the next president will have a bit of class about him and understand how friends talk to each other.
(yeah, I said HE, don't even want to think about the alternative).

Thanks for sharing

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join