It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: redshoes

The UK doesn't need to start it quickly at all, nothing has been decided in reality and won't be for some time. If we wanted we could start the process tomorrow or in 20 years time, there's no easy way the EU can dictate when it must begin.

link   

originally posted by: stormcell
All the university cities were in favor of remaining in the EU.

Do you realise that practically every city in the UK has a university?

Generally speaking I am somewhat disappointed that democracy in action (what everyone wants) has so many people complaining. We all knew the Scottish nationalists would refuse to accept democracy and use a "leave" vote as a pretext for another Indy referendum, but why so many complainers elsewhere because democracy is rolling.

link   

originally posted by: numberjuggler

Distrust of mainstream politics isn't limited to freaky web forums anymore. 52% of the electorate voted against what all the establishment politicians and economists told them to do. I wish I'd been there to join in.

Anyone posting nonsense about "Britain's economy will collapse", you're getting your financial info from the same people who gave us "The Single Currency is a good idea" and "Austerity will solve this crisis". At this point you might want to turn up your ignorance denier.

It shows that 52% of the electorate were unhappy with the status quo.

We have got so used to having politicians not listening and just spouting lies and spin. There have been so many broken promises. This was the perfect time to tell the truth and have an honest, open debate. Instead we had fear mongering and hate campaigns making people feel unable to express their views in case they were branded as a racist. The facts and figures were spun so much they became unreliable. When everyone can be bought who can you trust?

We have had to put up with the MP's expenses scandal, weapons of mass destruction, bank bail outs, tax havens for the rich, zero contracts, etc. etc. It could have been anything. When Cameron failed to get a deal with the EU, this time it finally broke the camel's back and people said enough is enough.

Remain camp are unhappy? Tough, its been done now. Unfortunately that's democracy. I was shocked and surprised at the result as I, like many others, had assumed it was a done deal in favour of Remain and that voting was just a formality.

Let's grab this opportunity while we can. Insist that we get the right people into government - those who will listen and serve the electorate and let's make it right this time.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The UK is like the rich productive family member of the EU.
They will be perfectly fine once they put the EU behind them. I noticed from the interviews that all the blue collar workers wanted out and all the mindless drone white collar workers wanted to stay. The people that actually built the foundation of their society wanted out. While the parasites that feed off the sweat and tears of the previous group wanted to stay... Imagine that.

I hope my American brothers and sisters are watching this. Because if there was to ever be a North American union, America would have to fill the role of constantly bailing out the other failed states. The globalists can go suck carbon emissions on this one...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They still have the elements of control in place, it doesn't really matter if this or that country leaves the EU or not. The bankers still have their wealth in banks throughout Europe, the secret societies still exist, the spy agencies are still there, the military is still there, the spy networks still exist, the deep underground military bases still exist. "They" can still see what you doing, saying and thinking.

Finally, it seems as if about 1/3 of the U.S. population and possibly the world population took part in spying of some type, they are still there. Many of these agents may have implants that can receive and transmit information, they are still around.

The power elite may "pretend" to give back some power to "the people" whoever they are but, from my experience it's just an act.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Old people have been threatened by losing their pensions, everyone else is scared off by a scare tactic of Turkish invasion.fearhas won the day.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Haha no, I just love that you #ing hate we had the balls in Wales and England to choose independence and you lot didn't.
Lol, smug yes, expecting challenges yes, proud of my people, absolutely.
Do what the # you like...as long as it isn't just more lame whinging.

*Edit*
a reply to: Soloprotocol
edit on 24.6.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ben Stein, the conservative economist, just said on CNN that this was done by the British because they feared Arab men coming in as immigrants and raping their young woman!

That could really have something to do with it.

The European elite forcing immigration on European countries of the EU has had a powerful affect on this issue.

They of course started this with the ME wars.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I just hope, that this time, UK wont "opt-in" again or tries to make any "I-want-my money back" deals.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Maybe it is just a False flag though, maybe they want us to believe it is happening and nothing will change.

Talking about false flags and such, there was a mass shooting in Germany that no one is paying attention to cause of the Brexit.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

No, if you are talking about immigration it is more likely that tens of thousands of un/semi-skilled Hungarian labourers and the like pissed people off in the UK.
15 people living in a house paying # all rent and sending their money back to their homelands while working for less than minimum wage. Certainly in construction that pissed all the Brit workers off, and meant that our 16-18 year old's struggled to find an entry level position on sites because a Romanian labourer would do more for less.

I support immigration where my country needs it. We don't need a hundred thousand labourers, and the country voted, suck it up people...and in the words of Scot's nationalists...FREEDOM!!! Lol, we voted, unlucky.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Haha no, I just love that you #ing hate we had the balls in Wales and England to choose independence and you lot didn't.

*Edit*

You marked a X on a sheet of paper ffs. You would think you just won the Battle of Bannockburn the way you are prattling on in here.

And what sort of grown up walks about his town in a Vote leave T-Shirt then goes online to tell the world how much he was mobbed and loved by all...[SNIP]
edit on 6/25/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

[SNIP]
I hope you get a referendum I really do because then you wouldn't have the English to blame for everything.
edit on 6/25/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by Chemicalbrother removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't think we really know where this goes from here if we are honest. I guess we've lit the touchpaper now though. Other nations will want to leave I guess.

Then we'll probably have to start all over again in a decade or so.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Probably mentioned before, but worth repeating: This vote was an ADVISORY REFERENDUM it is not legally binding etc.

Your parliament can still legally vote to stay in the EU. The argument that voting against the results of the referendum would be political suicide are incredibly naive. The large corporations that want Britain to remain in the EU can simply offer a few of the representatives some nice jobs giving half hour speeches for 6 figures in exchange for a vote to stay in. Political suicide with a middle finger to the constituents.

I can also see your parliament dragging this out for a long period of time and then sneak the provision to stay buried in some other legislature that nobody will notice until after it is passed.

Although this may be a victory in many of the citizens eye, I fear it may be a hollow victory. For a true victory you need to have a binding referendum vote, but good luck with that.

The citizens have voted, now the question is on how you are going to enforce this vote.

Perhaps being a US citizen has jaded my thinking due to the deep corruption of our government on all levels.
Though I am hoping the British government will yield to the will of its people, I am not placing any bets on it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

*Edit*

Good on you!

Pound Plunges to 30-Year Low as U.K. Stocks Slide on Brexit
www.cnbc.com...

TREASURIES-U.S. bond prices rise as early Brexit results show 'Leave' leads
www.reuters.com...

You Brits can pat yourselves on the back that you showed them immigrants! And the rest of the world will trade with you at estate sale prices....take it or leave it. Good luck.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

No, if you are talking about immigration it is more likely that tens of thousands of un/semi-skilled Hungarian labourers and the like pissed people off in the UK.
15 people living in a house paying # all rent and sending their money back to their homelands while working for less than minimum wage. Certainly in construction that pissed all the Brit workers off, and meant that our 16-18 year old's struggled to find an entry level position on sites because a Romanian labourer would do more for less.

I support immigration where my country needs it. We don't need a hundred thousand labourers, and the country voted, suck it up people...and in the words of Scot's nationalists...FREEDOM!!! Lol, we voted, unlucky.

This is not my opinion but the opinion of a known Zionist, Ben Stein.

Trump also stated that immigration fear was the catalyst to victory

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Whatever, we voted to leave so accept the new reality.
Question, in a new independent UK do you advocate the freedom of citizens from other countries to live and work here regardless of their skill set?
How many countries, 28? The whole world?

We will be seeing changes in laws soon so please do get involved, I'd love to read about what you wish from the EU now we have voted to leave its control.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join